All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#71 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:44 am

DeathStriker wrote:GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #10

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for ACTIVE SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

(see here for Charts)

ANALYSIS:

Good trend !
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added "Edited" Quote for Clarity

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#72 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:12 am

DeathStriker wrote:ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Active Squads per Faction after leveling for a while now shows a recent dramatic ⬆ Increase. :D :D
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction continues to be VERY POSTIVE, with both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction showing another much looked for DRAMATIC ⬆ Increase. :D :D
  • When looking at the past 3 Months the general "trend" shows a postive change in that when comparing number of Active Squads per Faction combined with the increase of the number of Commanders this clearly hints at a possible overall increase in the number of Players (both in and out of a Squad) which again is somewhat offset by the knowledge that some of these "new Commanders" may be in part existing Players creating new Accounts.
  • The release of both The Mandalorian Series - Season 1 on Disney+ and the release of Star Wars: Episode IX - Rise of Skywalker has resulted in the "positive trend" for SWC.
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

Yes, these are really good news!

I notice the increase in the number of new players every time I remove members from my two training squads and immediately someone joins. If I remove 10 in sequence, ten new members join immediately.

Game is getting a lot of new players, but the number is much higher if we consider the number of players who are not in squads. Even though most of them become inactive, or dislike and delete the app just after installing the game, the numbers are still impressive.

The problem is that we won't have any new SW movies yet, so we will have to wait and see if the return of Clone Wars and the coming of the Obi Wan series will be enough to keep the flow of new players alive and the interest in SW, especially among the new younger people who don't have much emotional connection with the saga.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

DeathStriker

Post#73 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:19 am

GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #11

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for ACTIVE SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

GSoW Galaxy-Wide Stats - 02-04-2020
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Active Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
⇨ NOTE: "Active Squads" was not shown on KSoD (predecessor to GSoW) until 6/1/18 as shown in the post found here.

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 to 3/1/19 - Here KSoD Data (scroll down on post)
  • 4/3/19 - Here GSoW Data Baseline
  • 5/8/19 - Here Post first SWC Event and Conflicts since Zynga took over.
  • 6/3/19 - Here
  • 7/5/19 - Here
  • 8/6/19 - Here
  • 9/1/19 - Here First Report following SWC 5th Anniversary Game Changes.
  • 10/15/19 - Here
  • 11/1/19 - Here
  • 12/5/19 - Here Post-Release of both The Mandaloran Show - and - Pre-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 1/4/20 - Here Post-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 2/4/20 - (See Above)
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Active Squads per Faction shows a ⬆ Increase with the Empire Faction showing more "Activity" than the Rebel Faction.
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction is MIXED. While the Empire Faction shows a ⬆ Increase the Rebel Faction once again shows a ⬇ Decrease.
  • When looking at the past 3 Months the general "trend" continues to show a positive change with hopes it will continue.
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Drks
Squadron Leader

Post#74 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:21 am

Congratulations deathstriker, that’s a great job!! ;)
DRKS B4TAofficer

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#75 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:31 am

Nice DS! Now if we could only get the trends by country. Just kidding! That would be insane. lol
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

LosVega
Admiral

Post#76 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
  • The latest "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction is MIXED. While the Empire Faction shows a ⬆ Increase the Rebel Faction once again shows a ⬇ Decrease.
  • When looking at the past 3 Months the general "trend" continues to show a positive change with hopes it will continue.

Great news to say the least. I was hoping for a continued increase for the rebel faction but the results clearly show the empire is still the bigger draw for new players supposedly. Zynga needs to consider some kind of incentive for new players to go rebel first.

DeathStriker, thanks for continuing the updates
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#77 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:52 pm

LosVega wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

Great news to say the least. I was hoping for a continued increase for the rebel faction but the results clearly show the empire is still the bigger draw for new players supposedly. Zynga needs to consider some kind of incentive for new players to go rebel first.

DeathStriker, thanks for continuing the updates

Some bonus crystals for selecting the rebel faction might sway some on the fence. I don't think it would change a majority of the decisions, but any balancing of the factions would help.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#78 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:58 am

I don't think getting new commanders at the start will help as much as solving the retention problem.

Are there breakdowns by level available so we can actually see what's going on?
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#79 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:26 am

Shelendil wrote:I don't think getting new commanders at the start will help as much as solving the retention problem.

These trends are interesting while defining a "trend" but they only address a portion of players who are currently in a Squad, and squads who have at least once fought wars and entered the database.

There are thousands of players outside a squad, especially in the early levels because they don't understand why they should join or were not accepted into a squad because they are
"noobs".

I have 2 training squads as Rebel and Imperial, every week dozens of newbies join only to become inactive in 5-7 days and I have to remove them, and again dozens of newbies join.

When they are HQ 4 they start to complain about they can't get enough loot for the upgrades or upgrades take too long. Most give up at Level 4, becoming inactive because probably they already deleted the game from their devices.

Game keeps getting new players in an awesome way. It's a +5 year-old game, but it's Star Wars. But as long Devs don't create something to retain the newbies - not everyone is a SW fan and most are only trying the game and if there's anything they don't like - fast they will find other games to spend their time and their money.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#80 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 am

Shelendil wrote:I don't think getting new commanders at the start will help as much as solving the retention problem.

No.

This is data generated from Kender / GSoW's bot that works its way through all the squads in the system. The Devs may have better data, but this is all we have.

mkenobi wrote:These trends are interesting while defining a "trend" but they only address a portion of players who are currently in a Squad, and squads who have at least once fought wars and entered the database.

There are thousands of players outside a squad, especially in the early levels because they don't understand why they should join or were not accepted into a squad because they are
"noobs".

These are the unknowables from our player perspective. IIRC, the game does all it can to encourage you to join a squad at the early stages, but if players don't, I'm not sure whether they 'matter', in the sense that they are unlikely to stay long in the game without a squad's assistance.

mkenobi wrote:...

When they are HQ 4 they start to complain about they can't get enough loot for the upgrades or upgrades take too long. Most give up at Level 4, becoming inactive because probably they already deleted the game from their devices.

Game keeps getting new players in an awesome way. It's a +5 year-old game, but it's Star Wars. But as long Devs don't create something to retain the newbies - not everyone is a SW fan and most are only trying the game and if there's anything they don't like - fast they will find other games to spend their time and their money.

I agree re retention and level 4 being the crunch moment. When my son started an account of his own, this was where he lost interest. It was quite a jump in upgrade / research times. I think reducing this substantially would help greatly. In fact, I think this should be done for levels 5 to 8 as well. It's at level 8 that the game's challenges move towards squad Wars, plus by that stage, you've committed a lot of time to the game.

I've done some squad hopping recently looking for Wars, and there seems to be a lot of v low level players and a lot of 9s and 10s. The middle ground needs filling out.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Return to “General Discussions”