All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#101 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:40 am

GSoW Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #14

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016, and myself, I put the data for ACTIVE SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

GSoW Galaxy-Wide Stats - 05-01-2020
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Active Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
⇨ NOTE: "Active Squads" was not shown on KSoD (predecessor to GSoW) until 6/1/18 as shown in the post found here.

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 to 3/1/19 - Here KSoD Data (scroll down on post)
  • 4/3/19 - Here GSoW Data Baseline
  • 5/8/19 - Here Post first SWC Event and Conflicts since Zynga took over.
  • 6/3/19 - Here
  • 7/5/19 - Here
  • 8/6/19 - Here
  • 9/1/19 - Here First Report following SWC 5th Anniversary Game Changes.
  • 10/15/19 - Here
  • 11/1/19 - Here
  • 12/5/19 - Here Post-Release of both The Mandaloran Show - and - Pre-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 1/4/20 - Here Post-Release of Star Wars: Episode IX.
  • 2/4/20 - Here
  • 3/3/20 - Here
  • 4/2/20 - Here First Report Following Game Closure Announcement
  • 5/1/20 - (See Above) Second Report Following Game Closure Announcement
ANALYSIS:

• As expected, the overall "trend" for the number of Active Squads in both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction continue to show a ⬇ Decrease.
  • As expected, the number of Commanders in both the Empire Faction and the Rebel Faction now show a ⬇ Marked Decrease mostly due to "Player Retirements" and moving to "other" Games and/or Activities.
  • When looking at the most recent "trend" it shows that while the number of Commanders are dropping, there are some Squads still attempting to remain Active as they try to continue the fight until the end.
  • REMINDER: Values shown are for Players that are in a Squad and do not reflect the number of Players still playing SWC but have chosen to not join or be in a Squad.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#102 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Quite the nosedive. Yeah, we intend to make the best of it until the end. Still launching wars and having fun. Like other squads, we are seeing a decline in the number of active players and could use some new blood. We do have about 16-17 still on daily though.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

TheForcesHand
Commander

Post#103 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:27 pm

The core 11 of us that seem to want to keep playing war until the end, but we dropped to 14 rebels this week.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#104 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:07 am

It's important to remember that the game does not automatically remove commanders from squads until they have been inactive for 30 days. So these stats really reflect the state of the game 30 days ago.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#105 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:55 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:It's important to remember that the game does not automatically remove commanders from squads until they have been inactive for 30 days. So these stats really reflect the state of the game 30 days ago.

ObiWanKenobi2016 - While what you say is - TRUE - the report is accurate as to Time since if a Player was 29 Days inactive but still in a Squad they would count as 1 and are not really "lost" (GSoW-wise) until they are Auto-Booted or leave on their own because even at 29d of Inactive they can still login and not get Auto-Booted.

ALSO... Some who get Auto-Booted return (but the chances of that are diminishing as time goes on).

:arrow: Again... those NOT in a Squad are not counted.

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#106 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:49 am

yes, this numbers are better than reality...same like the corona numbers…
my squad is full of dead bodies
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

Cyberjas
Cadet Trooper

Post#107 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:09 am

Hey Folks,

So uhm yeah... Is the GSoW.net web site still alive? Everytime I attempt to access site get "page isn't working".

Thoughts?

Looking to review the history of my squad, etc...

Thanks!

Cyberjas

DeathStriker

Post#108 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:22 am

Cyberjas wrote:Is the GSoW.net web site still alive? Everytime I attempt to access site get "page isn't working".

Cyberjas - Yes it is working... Click here.

LordWader
Commodore

Post#109 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:46 pm

Other interesting bit is that, when you look at the Galaxy Map, it now shows Tatoonie (long the safe-haven of many Rebel Commanders) as having the lowest number of players (just below 63K). Dan has the largest amount of players at 364K, followed by Hoth at just under 250k.

Now that everything is unlocked and maxed, guess a lot of players (whether still active or not) have parked their bases on Hoth where the defensive armoury perks are the best

GlockShanty
Captain

Post#110 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 am

MachineHead wrote:yes, this numbers are better than reality...same like the corona numbers…
my squad is full of dead bodies

Yep, my squad had 26 very active members just before the closure announcement and we warred regularly.

We haven't warred since the announcement and now we can't.

Now it just has 15 members and it will go down to 12 over the next week or as 3 get removed for inactivity.

Others have been inactive for a few days or over a week, myself included.

I played since Day 1 on iOS in August 2014, but now it's effectively over.

All this GSoW stuff doesn't matter any more. The big analytical posts by DS now look like someone clinging to a memory.
Playing since August 2014

Return to “General Discussions”