All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
JARJAR
Commodore

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#11 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 am

new bases does not mean new players

recently, I created a new rebel base, other imperial players did the same

I'd like to be optimistic but ...

Lord
Major General

Post#12 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:05 am

I just wonder what happened from2017.12to2018.5. There's a significant increase and then decrease in all the players. It's very unnatural! It must have a reason.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 am

Lord wrote:I just wonder what happened from2017.12to2018.5. There's a significant increase and then decrease in all the players. It's very unnatural! It must have a reason.

Episode 8 was released.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 am

Lord wrote:I just wonder what happened from2017.12to2018.5. There's a significant increase and then decrease in all the players. It's very unnatural! It must have a reason.

Reasons for this were discussed in the original thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21650&start=100#p72729

There are a number of them, and opinions differed. One problem was the lack of much of a tie-in with the new movie. Plus players that came back to the game (in the squads I was in contact with) found it hard to compete in the Armoury era, having stopped playing pre-armoury.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 am

Latest stats:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:19 am

The latest stats show:

Empire faction commanders have gone from 86,500 to 87,045 - a gain of 545

Rebel faction commanders have gone from 62,564 to 61,578 - a loss of 1986

The faction balance is 58:42 in favour of the Empire.

This is mixed news. The Empire faction is thriving, but Rebel commanders are still leaving the game.

In the last month we've seen events allowing players to seek frags for rare and much sought after units like Togs, Drabs, TXs and fangs.

Acquiring these has required consistent play during the conflict, and it’s really the post event bonus crates that are where the best frags can be found. The 900 EP requirement (at Prestige level) for these crates has proved time consuming for many players.

I suspect the difference could be the dev base frequency contrast between Empire Faction and Rebel Faction players that are making the difference.

For my part, as a Rebel Faction player, I have been able to find ’soft’ bases to hit on Erkit, that I can beat with a fast cooking load out. I have not managed this on any other planet though. I’m aware that Empire faction players can do this on most green planets, often with ease.

As I’ve said before, I welcome these events, and I’m v please to see Zynga taking an interest in players and the future of the game by enabling them.

EDIT:

My recommendation re dev bases for rebel faction commanders is that the devs should create more without bursts and sonics, esp at level 10 and above. It's hitting bases with few bursts/sonics that makes the grind possible and it can take a lot of skipping to find them.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#17 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:The latest stats show:

This is mixed news. The Empire faction is thriving, but Rebel commanders are still leaving the game.

The player base continues to decline... I have not seen any investment to acquire new players from the new owners so that makes sense.

I have a feeling that the factional imbalance has more to do with the games intro, up to the point where it asks you which faction you want to play. If they had just asked my first thing which faction I wanted to play first thing, I would normally choose the Rebel faction but the intro of this game made it look like the Imperials would be more fun to play. If this is the case then more new players are choosing the Imperial side where it should be a 50/50 split.

I am not sure where you think this factional dev base imbalance exists... My Imperial Prestige account only sees dev bases on Tako right now. There have not been dev bases on Dando in years and Yavin dev bases dried up about 6 months ago. I used to be able to find dev bases on Hoth but this weekend I could not find a single dev base there. I am hoping that the Hoth situation is because of the Event structure and the fact that the infiltrator reward from the conflict and that it goes back to having dev bases within 10-20 skips next week, otherwise this just became a one planet game for my Imperial Prestige account.

My Rebel account commonly sees dev bases on Erkit and enough dev bases on Tat that, combined with the low gear threshold, allows for easy enough UCs there as well.

So my Imperial account only sees them on Tako and my Rebel account sees them on Erkit and sometimes my Imperial account sees them on Hoth and sometimes my Rebel account sees them on Tat.

I hear you with the dev bases! I commonly see them with 12+ sonics these days and I have to skip them as they require too many heal ships to get 3 stars on... yes it has come down to skipping dev bases (or spending money to crystal troops)

I don't think the 'fix' is to make the dev bases even easier though... I think the only real fix here is to make dev bases exactly as difficult to attack as player bases, that way no one finds bases that are easy, aka a more level playing field. Then they should work on making it so that players can attack players again.

This game has come down to hunting for dev bases to be able to complete Event and Conflict objectives, for both factions... what a sad state...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

TNT
Admiral

Post#18 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Latest stats:

Thank you for posting this and posting your analysis ObiWan.

I mostly agree with your analysis. I have no explanation that would suit the continued stability (A gain of 1% isn't much of a gain) of the Imperials while the Rebels keep leaving the game.

Everything that is ailing the game is ailing both sides.

I have no solutions.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 am

strawman3125 wrote:
I have a feeling that the factional imbalance has more to do with the games intro, up to the point where it asks you which faction you want to play. If they had just asked my first thing which faction I wanted to play first thing, I would normally choose the Rebel faction but the intro of this game made it look like the Imperials would be more fun to play. If this is the case then more new players are choosing the Imperial side where it should be a 50/50 split.

I am not sure where you think this factional dev base imbalance exists... My Imperial Prestige account only sees dev bases on Tako right now. There have not been dev bases on Dando in years and Yavin dev bases dried up about 6 months ago. I used to be able to find dev bases on Hoth but this weekend I could not find a single dev base there. I am hoping that the Hoth situation is because of the Event structure and the fact that the infiltrator reward from the conflict and that it goes back to having dev bases within 10-20 skips next week, otherwise this just became a one planet game for my Imperial Prestige account.

My Rebel account commonly sees dev bases on Erkit and enough dev bases on Tat that, combined with the low gear threshold, allows for easy enough UCs there as well.

So my Imperial account only sees them on Tako and my Rebel account sees them on Erkit and sometimes my Imperial account sees them on Hoth and sometimes my Rebel account sees them on Tat.

I'm a single faction player, and not as involved in the LINE chat groups as I used to be. My understanding of the plentiful Dev bases on Green planets came from my engagement with dual faction chats, but I concede the last time I was involved with those was more than 6 months ago now, and the game changes and moves on.

I'm happy to accept from you that it's now only Tako for the Empire.

Re Hoth, I haven't tried grinding there for more than 6 months either. The last time I tried, there were a few dev bases for rebels for the first few days of a conflict, and then none. Thereafter, if you skipped enough bases, ones you'd previously passed on came up again!

strawman3125 wrote:I hear you with the dev bases! I commonly see them with 12+ sonics these days and I have to skip them as they require too many heal ships to get 3 stars on... yes it has come down to skipping dev bases (or spending money to crystal troops)

I don't think the 'fix' is to make the dev bases even easier though... I think the only real fix here is to make dev bases exactly as difficult to attack as player bases, that way no one finds bases that are easy, aka a more level playing field. Then they should work on making it so that players can attack players again.

This game has come down to hunting for dev bases to be able to complete Event and Conflict objectives, for both factions... what a sad state...

I agree re everyone seeking dev bases for conflicts. In an EP event, even more so. How else are Commanders/Customers going to finish the event quickly and get bonus crates?

I also agree that the game should be adjusted to make dev bases as hard as player bases, however, the adjustment that I think is needed is to nerf defence in the game. I think the attack / defence balance has gone very wrong.

It's too hard for average players to 3 star bases at their own level. Elite players can. But then that cadre have the highest skins and all of the better units (Togs, Wookie Wagons and MTTs) not only unlocked, but at a high level. Such players are few in number and not enough to sustain the game. The average commanders/customers are far greater in number and make up a more significant proportion of the player/customer base.

Lord
Major General

Post#20 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:The latest stats show:

Overall player is decreasing, due to the bad strategy, too much events after too much conflicts, continous conflicts drive players away by boring, continous events drive players away by tiring, we may foresee the further decrease in player numbers in the future if no changes are made.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

Return to “General Discussions”