GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Major General

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#91 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:41 pm

toname wrote:You didn't understand what I wrote, apparently. A maxed HQ6 has a BS of 1338. A maxed HQ7 has a BS of 1688. All of our 7s are in that range. They don't have the "correct" BS because they are all developing 7s. You can't be a sandbagger if you are above the max BS for the level below you !
Where did you get 1575 anyways? That wasn't even an option.

No one says that your team is made up of sandbaggers, what I told you is that the BS of your teammates is very low for their HQ levels. For that reason, I think that your team is there in that place. Once they upload his BS, it is most likely that your team access the next league.
The BS number : 1575, was provided by you in a photo. There it is seen that a player of level HQ7 had a BS : 1575, the other two level HQ7 with lower values
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#92 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:42 pm

Hoot wrote:Hope this hasn't been asked yet, didn't have time to read all the posts but I'm wondering if someone can help with a hopefully dumb question:

I have been reporting weekly stats for CWP since 2016 and the way I did it with KSOD was a very basic copy/paste values into a spreadsheet. The new GSOW's format is quite different, at least on the summaries as that's as far as I've got. When I copy the two columns and several rows of data and paste the values, all the data ends up in a single cell. I If do a straight paste, it shoots it backwards down a single column.

Is there a way to transfer the data from GSOW into a spreadsheet that doesn't involve programmer knowledge? Because I have none.

For now, no there is not. Sorry. I’m not sure that’s something that can be changed but it will be passed along.
(It might take a while to get to it though)
KSod was not very pretty but that simplicity did have some advantages for using the site beyond its initial purpose.

For now the only workaround I can think of for you is copying one cell at a time so the lot does not get all jumbled.
I do understand that’s far more tedious but it’s all I can think of for now.

Btw, I think your signature gave me a seizure. :lol:

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Hoot
Captain

Post#93 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Spock wrote:For now, no there is not. Sorry. I’m not sure that’s something that can be changed but it will be passed along.
(It might take a while to get to it though)
KSod was not very pretty but that simplicity did have some advantages for using the site beyond its initial purpose.

For now the only workaround I can think of for you is copying one cell at a time so the lot does not get all jumbled.
I do understand that’s far more tedious but it’s all I can think of for now.

No worries! I figured it out. The members pages are fine for the way I do it and for the summaries If I just copy/paste the numbers column, which is the only one that changes anyway, I can get it to work just fine, so all good!

Spock wrote:Btw, I think your signature gave me a seizure. :lol:

It is obnoxious, isn't it? I really need to change it...
ImageImage

Coruscant Wolfpck
Corellian Wolfpck
Cantonica Wolfpck
Chaos Wolfpck
Crimson Wolfpck
Wolfpck ▲

Join us at ccwolfpack.com

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#94 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Right on man. I’m glad you got it sorted.

And ya, it is just a little. :D

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#95 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:11 pm

One more request/suggestion:
In the squad member page, in the left pane, along with the Avg. Base Strength (in current war), please also add Avg. Medal Count (in current war).
Much thanks.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#96 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:34 am

Hey Spock can you explain me the following situation:

We are matched up with one squad from UC (Dark´FNX ranked 225), we are Obsidian ranked 13, so this squad should be better then us, but when we will win DARK´FNX will get +244 and we will get nothing, dont understand that, when weaker squad from Obsidian-L beats UC-L squad and will get no skillpoints, its a bit unfair...
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Josketer
Major General

Post#97 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:42 am

StrikerRebel
I think it's due to the line up of the 15 players chosen for the war. The opponent, although it belongs to the UC league, lined up 2 players of level 9, 3 players of level 10 and the rest of level 11, while your team has 2 players of level 10 and the rest of level 11. This made the value of the BS this in favor of the imperial team and not in favor of your team.
Look at the numbers and you will see the difference between both teams ( Total Base Score + Avg base Score)

Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#98 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:52 am

StrikerRebel wrote:Hey Spock can you explain me the following situation:

We are matched up with one squad from UC (Dark´FNX ranked 225), we are Obsidian ranked 13, so this squad should be better then us, but when we will win DARK´FNX will get +244 and we will get nothing, dont understand that, when weaker squad from Obsidian-L beats UC-L squad and will get no skillpoints, its a bit unfair...

Should open a new topic to discuss about GSOW ranking formula and prediction. This is going to be a never ending story.

My guess:
- Your squad is ranked higher than Dark´FNX even though Dark´FNX is in UC, because the league grouping is simply based on base rating and not based on skill points.
- A higher ranked squad will get no point or less skill points for beating a lower ranked squad. This makes sense.
- The system predicted that your squad will beat Dark´FNX. This makes sense, based on the 2 squads' rankings.

I actually think that your squad will win.

DeathStriker

Post#99 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am

DarkRebel wrote:Should open a new topic to discuss about GSOW ranking formula and prediction.

Done!

:arrow: See New Related Topic: GSoW Squad Ranking - Discussion Topic.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#100 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:20 am

DarkRebel wrote:One more request/suggestion:
In the squad member page, in the left pane, along with the Avg. Base Strength (in current war), please also add Avg. Medal Count (in current war).
Much thanks.

Passed it on to the team. I can’t promise anything though.

StrikerRebel wrote:Hey Spock can you explain me the following situation:

League placement doesn’t mean a team is necessarily worse or better; the average UC “should” beat the average Ob, but skill is not always just based on size.
Leagues are just a way of sorting the squads. It does not play a part in the predictions. The predictions work exactly the same way they did on KSod. Using MU and sigma.

ActDon = 29147; mu - 29182; sigma - 0.010

DarkFnx = 27417; mu - 28577; sigma - 0.331

ADYMW has a mu rating if 29.1; which is better than DarkFNX which has a mu rating of 28.6
The wrench is that DarkFNX has a large sigma rating, which means there is a lot of uncertainty as to how good or bad the team might be against ADYMW.

Return to “General Discussions”