GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#191 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm

I noticed there are still no Ultra Chrome or Obsidian squads in the gsow.net war queue for Imps. It's been like that since I have been monitoring it this morning. We did get matched up against an Obsidian Imp squad, just about an hour or so after we entered the queue. We saw our squad in the queue, but not theirs. I'm guessing we got matched up as soon as they entered the queue, and it would not have been on the radar unless the timing was just right. Not a bad thing. Just means if the queue is empty, it's most likely a fair matchup. We are at a disadvantage on paper, since they have level 8's through Prestige in this war, with 5 Prestige players. We wanted to get our lower level players in, so we do not have any Prestige players, just 2 level 10's and 4 level 9's, plus 5 level 6's and 7's in play. With 8's filling in the difference. Third no Tako/Tat war in a row by the way, which is cool.

That said, it's still not clear if swc uses adjusted base scores, accounting for medal count, or just base scores. If feels like it's just base scores, since I have seen huge disparities in medal counts. We just beat a squad 45-31 in a no Tako/Tat war, that had all Prestige bases and a huge medal advantage. We had a mix of level 8's through Prestige, with half the lineup at level 10-Prestige and the other half at level 8-9. If you looked at the stats, it's almost as if we were matched up based on True Skill, but I know that's a gsow stat and not something swc tracks. Interesting though.

The stats:
------------------ Opponent -------- Our Squad ------------
Medals...........1,492,431..........986,099
Avg Base Score......3,210.............2,125
gsow True Skill.....28,127...........28,563
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#192 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 pm

The trend continues. 12 Durasteel and 42 Carbonite Imperial squads in the gsow.net war queue, and only 2 rebel squads in the same category. I'm assuming they got matched up and that's just a timing thing. We know about the population imbalance, so this is not a surprise for the most part. I'm also assuming some of these Durasteel and Carbonite squads are getting matched up with higher level squads because they have been sitting in queue for a while. Given these stats, the matchmaking algo must be based on adjusted base score as I have heard before. As a rebel squad, we generally still get matched with higher HQ level squads. I do notice those in the queue generally have low medal counts, so even when we submit a war lineup that includes a lot of level 6's and 7's and no Prestige players, we get lined up with level 8 through Prestige squads. I think it's the medal count and possibly even a factor for players not in the war, but in the squad.

To Spock and the others that run the gsow.net site, great addition! Really appreciate the efforts of others that add another layer of enjoyment to the game!
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#193 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Just a heads up guys.
The GSoW Ager will be turned back on this weekend.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#194 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 pm

It looks like the Carbonite league falls in the 30K to 60K medal range for the squad and average base scores between 900 and 1,800. That seems to be the group of squads that don't have enough counterparts to reach a quick fair matchup. There are consistently 20 to 40 squads on the Imp side waiting. Might be fun to get up and running on Nox or other Android emulator and get some bases going in that range. Join up or create some rebel counterparts, but also help some of the young Imperial bases get up to speed.

The war scores look like NCAA football scores, and not a lot of 45's. Looks like fun!
lukeskywalker
Leader

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#195 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:36 pm

There is a disconnect between the front page count of Imperial squads and the sum of the by league amounts queuing on the next page. I’d wager the top leagues aren’t showing correctly and the delta is the ultra chromes and obsidians...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#196 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:39 pm

SpaceDandy wrote:There is a disconnect between the front page count of Imperial squads and the sum of the by league amounts queuing on the next page. I’d wager the top leagues aren’t showing correctly and the delta is the ultra chromes and obsidians...

Good eye my friend. :)
I checked with our devs and the discrepancy is because total squad in MM include “leagues” called “inactive” and “unranked” which are not shown elsewhere on the site for obvious reasons.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#197 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Spock wrote:
SpaceDandy wrote:There is a disconnect between the front page count of Imperial squads and the sum of the by league amounts queuing on the next page. I’d wager the top leagues aren’t showing correctly and the delta is the ultra chromes and obsidians...

I checked with our devs and the discrepancy is because total squad in MM include “leagues” called “inactive” and “unranked” which are not shown elsewhere on the site for obvious reasons.

Spock,

I do wonder why the totals constantly show zero though, on the Imperial side for the UC and Obsidian league category. I can see most clearing out and getting matched up as soon as they enter the queue. That would leave the queue empty for the most part. But I have yet to see a 1 for instance, where just due to timing, a squad is counted in the queue. I see it on the Rebel side, where a Carbonite squad is counted in the queue, while you see 40-70+ Imperial squads sitting on the other side of the ledger. I generally buy the numbers, but it's just odd that we never see counts in the UC and Obsidian category for Imps. When I play with the filters, it does back up the counts though.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#198 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:12 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Spock wrote:

Spock,

I do wonder why the totals constantly show zero though, on the Imperial side for the UC and Obsidian league category. I can see most clearing out and getting matched up as soon as they enter the queue. That would leave the queue empty for the most part. But I have yet to see a 1 for instance, where just due to timing, a squad is counted in the queue. I see it on the Rebel side, where a Carbonite squad is counted in the queue, while you see 40-70+ Imperial squads sitting on the other side of the ledger. I generally buy the numbers, but it's just odd that we never see counts in the UC and Obsidian category for Imps. When I play with the filters, it does back up the counts though.

I Think the imperials In the upper leagues just match too quickly to show up. Over time, eventually,a few might show based on the timing of the bot caching them like you suggested.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#199 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Is it possible to categorize the squads by ABS of war party, or is that simply too hard to do since it changes with every war? There's been a lot of confusion because the gsow rankings don't have anything to do with matchmaking in-game.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#200 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:15 am

Shelendil wrote:Is it possible to categorize the squads by ABS of war party, or is that simply too hard to do since it changes with every war? There's been a lot of confusion because the gsow rankings don't have anything to do with matchmaking in-game.

Ya. It’s not just too hard and not practical.

Return to “General Discussions”