GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Werowe4
Captain

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#151 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:45 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
Werowe4 wrote:Is a members page planned for GSOW, similar to what KSOD had, or will it just stick with squad info pages alone?

There is a tab for each squad that shows the members. Is that what you are referring to, or something else?

No, it was a member page that I recall being something available on KSOD (unless I’m remembering incorrectly) that was independent of each member’s squad page. I wish I had taken a screenshot before the switch.
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

DeathStriker

Post#152 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:52 am

Werowe4 wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
Werowe4 wrote:Is a members page planned for GSOW, similar to what KSOD had, or will it just stick with squad info pages alone?

There is a tab for each squad that shows the members. Is that what you are referring to, or something else?

No, it was a member page that I recall being something available on KSOD (unless I’m remembering incorrectly) that was independent of each member’s squad page. I wish I had taken a screenshot before the switch.

Werowe4 - Perhaps you are referring to the ability to get a URL to a Squads Member Page that showed all Members in a particular Squad.

That "feature" is not currently available in GSoW - however - you CAN get URL to a Squads Info Page and from that simply click on the Members Tab.

:arrow: See Spock's Post found here.

Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

EviLRoaR

Post#153 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 am

How does GSoW get its information from the SWC server?

Ghostie
Major General

Post#154 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Still doesn't work well especially on PC imho.

Forward, Back, and refresh buttons do not work well on desktop.

Way too many leagues....

Some squad searches have actually combined 2 squads together...weird to see 40 and 50 member squads.

Miss the old KSOD....lol

Player last login times seem to be a little off as well...

Still thankful for all the "hard work" involved in the project and hoping it improves.
Some men aren't looking for any logical solution. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

DeathStriker

Post#155 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:09 am

**Repost From Another Topic**

Spock wrote:
toname wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:GSOW conflict tracking is much more accurate than LINE.

No, it's really not. LINE is absolutely accurate, at the time of the update. GSOW is an approximation, and is frequently off by thousands, usually low, especially for UC cutoffs. GSOW is useful, especially when the LINE chat hasn't been updated for a particular planet, but it is by its nature not as accurate.

‘The GSoW tracker has recently been tweaked and updated as planned. It is now far more accurate than when it was first launched.

Work will continue the make it as accurate as possible.

Adding to this Topic...

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#156 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Hey Spock, I dont understand that new skill and ranking system. Take a look at my squad we never loose the last wars and after the war at 30/04 (a draw) no +/-skills are shown but we loose 160 Skillpoints and after current war we won and +93 skillpoints are shown, nothing happend, we have the same skillpoints like before...For me this new system is very disappointing, bc I dont understand when and why our skillpoints will change....maybe Im the only one and to stupid...but I think there are much more commanders then me, who dont understand that...
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#157 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 am

StrikerRebel wrote:Hey Spock, I dont understand that new skill and ranking system. Take a look at my squad we never loose the last wars and after the war at 30/04 (a draw) no +/-skills are shown but we loose 160 Skillpoints and after current war we won and +93 skillpoints are shown, nothing happend, we have the same skillpoints like before...For me this new system is very disappointing, bc I dont understand when and why our skillpoints will change....maybe Im the only one and to stupid...but I think there are much more commanders then me, who dont understand that...

1) Your TS following April 30th dropped due to the ager kicking in. You went from April 30th to May 10th without a war.
2) Your TS did change following your current war, by +93. The table shows the TS *before* the battle, but you can see the TS for the squad *after* the battle is +93.

The only difference from the old system is the Ager in the old system would have taken far more TS points away.
Other than that, it is the same system with regards to TS points.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#158 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:17 am

Spock wrote:
StrikerRebel wrote:Hey Spock, I dont understand that new skill and ranking system. Take a look at my squad we never loose the last wars and after the war at 30/04 (a draw) no +/-skills are shown but we loose 160 Skillpoints and after current war we won and +93 skillpoints are shown, nothing happend, we have the same skillpoints like before...For me this new system is very disappointing, bc I dont understand when and why our skillpoints will change....maybe Im the only one and to stupid...but I think there are much more commanders then me, who dont understand that...

1) Your TS following April 30th dropped due to the ager kicking in. You went from April 30th to May 10th without a war.
2) Your TS did change following your current war, by +93. The table shows the TS *before* the battle, but you can see the TS for the squad *after* the battle is +93.

The only difference from the old system is the Ager in the old system would have taken far more TS points away.

:idea: okay, I got it...how much time you can be without war without loosing skillpoints ?
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#159 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:36 am

StrikerRebel wrote:
Spock wrote:

:idea: okay, I got it...how much time you can be without war without loosing skillpoints ?

You need to war within 6 days of your last war to prevent the Ager from hitting your squad.
More specific info can be found in the site’s FAQ section.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

DeathStriker

Post#160 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:12 am

:?: QUESTION: When Will We See Matchmaker Tracking?

The following was mentioned by Spock here:

Spock wrote:5. New feature: Matchmaker tracking (COMING SOON) – One of the most frustrating aspects of the game is getting a timely war match. Imperial squads seem to get matches right away, also known as instamatching. Meanwhile, Rebel squads can wait anywhere from 2-24 hours on average, depending on what league they are playing in. GSoW has developed a new feature that allows users of the site to see the teams waiting in the MM queue, and the length of time they have been there. This is across all leagues. The hope is this will change MM behavior.

a. Example: Squad leader A goes to GSoW to see how long the queue is. He sees that the wait is 7 hours due to 20+ rebel squads waiting for a match, while there are no imperial squads currently waiting. The squad decides to come back later and check the queue for a new MM time.

b. Example: Squad leader B is from a top 25 imperial squad and she sees that 6 top rebel squads are waiting for a match. This squad is interested in getting a tough opponent, so they immediately enter and get the war they are wanting.

AND SO... What is the current status of this NEW FEATURE?

Interested Squads Want to Know...

Return to “General Discussions”