GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#141 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:46 am

Well said DS. Agreed
If we add predictions they will be done in a similar manner that they are currently being done In the line chats. Based a conflicts current activity.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#142 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:03 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Spock wrote:
SmallPotato wrote:I have a feature idea ... for the conflict tracker: could it use data from previous conflicts to predict how many gears will be required at the *end* of the conflict? I'm thinking of comparing gears required at conflict start + X hours to those required at conflict start + X hours previously and coming up with a prediction.

It’s something we have talked about adding in the future. But before we do that we have to get the tracker working a little more accurately. :)

Not to squash a good idea but I think this suggestion would be difficult to impliment and my result in false data.

Here are my reasons.

1. Gears Numbers are driven by Player Participation.
  2. Conflicts may be coupled with SWC Events which changes "Participation" (i.e. Players whom normally would not attack in a particular Conflict may be forced to do so in order to gain Event Point (EP) or Coaxium).
  3. Player Participation on a particular Planet are driven by:

1. The UCL "reward" and/or Event "reward" being offered, coupled with...
    2. The availability of "doable" Bases (either Real Player Bases and/or Dev Bases)
  4. Conflicts are not always on all 6 Planets (sometimes only 3) which changes the "Participation Factor" as more Players are squeezed into going to fewer Planets.
  5. What happened on a Particular Planet last Week may not be the same for this Week (i.e. two different Conflict Rewards).
  6. What happened on a Particular Planet last time same Reward was offered may not be the same this time around (i.e. "Participation" may be higher or lower due to multiple factors).
BOTTOM LINE: As you can see from above, accounting for all the "differences" and possible "variations" would be difficult (but not impossible) and using them to accurately "predict" what the Gear Count might be based upon "historial data", if even if it could be done, would the final "result" be accurate enough to be useful.

SOMETHING EASIER would be a simple "Conflict Trend Chart" that is only valid for the particular Conflict at the time the GSoW User looks at it.

AND SO... the GSoW Team should continue their debate about this possible new "feature" and if all concerns are addressed then perhaps introduce it at some point in the future.

Post your GSoW Improvement Ideas / Suggestions below...

Those are all valid concerns about the drivers of gear thresholds. At least they are all external influences with probably linear effect. Another one to worry about would be the nonlinear feedback loop that showing people predictive gear thresholds might create - as in, it would actually *change* people's behaviour and therefore invalidate any prediction based on a linear model.

On the other hand, some or all of these effects might either be small (and therefore ignorable or easily compensated for) or easily made part of the input of the calculation, so that they are factored into the result.

It might be worth doing a "try it and see" with the simplest model. Then, if that doesn't work, add in the drivers that we think are strongest (or, better, can show are strongest from previous data) to see if that fixes it. If not, then there's always machine learning :lol:. I jest but this actually might be the sort of thing that machine learning would be good for. The inputs can be represented very well by numerical values in a state vector.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#143 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Lol. It’s not like anything is ready to roll on this.
First we need to get more accurate number for our tracker. Then we have to look at building an automated predictor model. Then roll it out. Then tweak it.
Like I said, it’s something we would like to add for a future update but honestly there is currently a lot of other stuff in front of it on the to do list. :)

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with Almost 1,500 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#144 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 pm

Looks like site is glitchy, resolution all over the place and not showing members in squads, on laptop btw. not sure about phone (its on charge)
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Werowe4
Captain

Post#145 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 am

Chaotic999 wrote:Looks like site is glitchy, resolution all over the place and not showing members in squads, on laptop btw. not sure about phone (its on charge)

Example? I just tried it out on my PC and it seems to be working for my squad at least with no issue (and haven't been having any issues on mobile either).
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#146 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 am

Is the code for GSOW public? On github or similar? I'd like to see how the server is queried to figure out how difficult it would be to re-implement something like the sign-up sheet at moleliza.gitlab.io which broke a while back.

DeathStriker

Post#147 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:50 am

SmallPotato wrote:Is the code for GSOW public? On github or similar? I'd like to see how the server is queried to figure out how difficult it would be to re-implement something like the sign-up sheet at moleliza.gitlab.io which broke a while back.

SmallPotato - GSoW already provides the "bulk" of the Info better then the Old War Sign-Up Sheet (where you had to manually select those in Enemy War Party).

:arrow: You just need to Search for your Squad on GSoW and then click on the Icon next to Current War as shown here.

Copy-and-Paste Enemy War Party then manually add OP's in Play and you are done.

Hope this helps....

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#148 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:00 pm

DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: You just need to Search for your Squad on GSoW and then click on the Icon next to Current War as shown here.

Copy-and-Paste Enemy War Party then manually add OP's in Play and you are done.

Hope this helps....

That did help - I never noticed that before. Thanks :)

Werowe4
Captain

Post#149 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:02 am

Is a members page planned for GSOW, similar to what KSOD had, or will it just stick with squad info pages alone?
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#150 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 am

Werowe4 wrote:Is a members page planned for GSOW, similar to what KSOD had, or will it just stick with squad info pages alone?

There is a tab for each squad that shows the members. Is that what you are referring to, or something else?
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Return to “General Discussions”