GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#121 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:02 am

MINOR ISSUE: Member (Player) Search Result Needs Fixing

This morning checked out the latest GSoW Update and it works Great! Thank-You :D

Doing so I checked out the Member (Player) Search.

:arrow: I am glad the same "dedicated Web Page" for Members (Players) is not being done so as to prevent a "Security Hole" in that like on KSoD the Player ID of the Player searched for could be determined by the "result" URL.

HOWEVER... I did note a "minor" Issue.

When doing a Member (Player) Search the "result" takes you to the Squad Info > War History Tab and NOT the Squad Info > Members Tab. In addition the Player (being searched) is not highlighted like it was on KSoD.

Again this is very minor and not on the top of the priority list, but I am just posting so it can be added to the "fix-it list".

Thanks again for all the volunteer efforts by the whole GSoW Team!! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#122 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:29 am

Thanks ds. Passed this along but agree it’s very minor.
I wouldn’t say it needs fixing as it works just fine. It simply needs to be tweaked to make it a little more user friendly so the player search jumps directly to the members page with the result highlighted.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#123 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:55 pm

As a side note.
If anyone is not seeing the Star Wars font on the site it can be downloaded for free for most browsers.
Just google “Star Wars font” and the name of the browser you use. Should be straight forward.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

Oldrebel
Commander

Post#124 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 am

DeathStriker wrote:MINOR ISSUE: Member (Player) Search Result Needs Fixing

:arrow: I am glad the same "dedicated Web Page" for Members (Players) is not being done so as to prevent a "Security Hole" in that like on KSoD the Player ID of the Player searched for could be determined by the "result" URL.

On the downside of this - it's now impossible to help players try to recover accounts if they didn't capture their player id.

Hoot
Captain

Post#125 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Ok, another issue I've encountered (and again, apologize if this has been addressed), as far as reporting rankings at any given time. With the new model based on the 4 separate leagues, those rankings are subject to change any time even one member leaves, if their basestrength score is high enough, correct? Doesn't that make reporting rankings pretty much obsolete?

We've got multiple squads that are rarely intact due to visiting other squads for wars and what have you, is there a way to calculate it if I have all the member stats gathered per squad as I do anyway each week?
ImageImage

Coruscant Wolfpck
Corellian Wolfpck
Cantonica Wolfpck
Chaos Wolfpck
Crimson Wolfpck
Wolfpck ▲

Join us at ccwolfpack.com

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#126 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Hoot wrote:Ok, another issue I've encountered (and again, apologize if this has been addressed), as far as reporting rankings at any given time. With the new model based on the 4 separate leagues, those rankings are subject to change any time even one member leaves, if their basestrength score is high enough, correct? Doesn't that make reporting rankings pretty much obsolete?

We've got multiple squads that are rarely intact due to visiting other squads for wars and what have you, is there a way to calculate it if I have all the member stats gathered per squad as I do anyway each week?

I did suggest something similar but it got rejected.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24253&start=103

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#127 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Currently there is an issue where some wars are showing the opposite results.
Like 45-2 instead of 2-45. Some Wins showing as losses.
It will be fixed shortly and war histories will be correct again.

Update*
The fix is out and updating the squads that had issues with incorrect war results.
The update should be complete within the hour.

DeathStriker

Post#128 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 am

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT: Add HTML Title Tag To GSoW HTML Webpages

Currently, as far as I can see, the GSoW Website HTML Webpage / Output does not use the Title Tag which is required for all HTML Documents and is part of the HTML 4.01 and HTML5 Specifications. This can be confirmed by looking at this Google Search. Notice how "other" search results have a good "link description" show.

The Title Tag is placed between the opening and closing Header Tags.

SUGGESTED HTML:

• Main Page

Code: Select all

<head>
        <title>Galactic Squads of War (GSoW) - Main Page</title>
        ...{additional html tags / content}...
      </head>
  • Squad Info Page (Displayed in separate Webpage)

<head>
        <title>{insert Squad Title here} Squad Info (GSoW)</title>
      </head>
  • Example Squad Info Page (Displayed in separate Webpage)

<head>
        <title>SONS_OF_DEATH Squad Info (GSoW)</title>
      </head>
:arrow: My main reason for this suggestion was when I post the URL for a Squad Info Page on LINE the "link description" is the URL such as gsow.net/squadInfo.html?faction= {more data here} and not something "readable" like SONS_OF_DEATH Squad Info (GSoW).

Of course the GSoW Development Team is free to use what ever "text content" in the Title Tag that they see fit.
BOTTOM LINE: Implimention of the this suggestion will not add much to the current GSoW HTML Webpages but will improve the sharability of the GSoW Website content on search engine results pages (SERPs), and social media applications such as Line App by providing a proper description of the URL being shared.

Thank you for your consideration of my idea / suggestion. :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Josketer
Major General

Post#129 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 am

I discovered that on the new page, there are teams and players that can not be found. For example, this team: Jedi-Academy. Although it is made up of 20 players, on the page there is no way to see any information of that team or any of its members. It is as if they did not exist, but there they are. In other words, if a team goes to war with it, it will not be able to see any information about that team. Will there be more cases like this ?

Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#130 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:08 am

maybe they didn't do war or enough war to appear in the list

Return to “General Discussions”