GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Admiral

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#111 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:49 pm

DeathStriker wrote:GSoW Annoyance / Issue

GSoW will be working Ok, then I will return to view Website after some time, and after Tab (where Website is shown) has been deleted and suddenly GSoW won't show any "data" such as Squad Rankings, Conflict Info, etc.

:arrow: Closing Browser and re-opening Browser has no effect.

I use Safari (Mac OS / iOS) and have same issue on both PC (Mac) and Mobile Device (iPad / iPhone).

I don't know what causes this "issue" but it does annoy me.

We are constantly working on the site. Tweaking. Optimizing. Adding in things that have been suggested.
This can occasionally cause outages or some tables to not populate.
We apologize if you find this annoying but ask that you bare with us and are patient.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with almost 700 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

DeathStriker

Post#112 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Spock wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:GSoW Annoyance / Issue

GSoW will be working Ok, then I will return to view Website after some time, and after Tab (where Website is shown) has been deleted and suddenly GSoW won't show any "data" such as Squad Rankings, Conflict Info, etc.

I don't know what causes this "issue" but it does annoy me.

We are constantly working on the site. Tweaking. Optimizing. Adding in things that have been suggested.
This can occasionally cause outages or some tables to not populate.
We apologize if you find this annoying but ask that you bare with us and are patient.

Spock - I suspected as such. Thanks smile :D

My "annoyance" is only not seeing a "reason" for "no data" and thinking the "issue" must be on my end, and doing several things to make website work with no luck.

SUGGESTION: Have Website show "Under Maintance - Please Standby" or something like that, when you are updating GSoW.

Just a thought. ;)

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Admiral

Post#113 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:02 pm

Sometimes it’s less invasive than others so that message would be up around the clock. Lol
Really though. It’s always being worked on. It’s just sometimes you’ll notice and others you won’t.
We prefer to leave it up and running as much as possible as opposed to taking it offline each time we want to tweak it.
But as of now we are down for a little maintenance and will be back up as soon as possible.

Check out our YouTube channel with almost 700 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

DeathStriker

Post#114 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Spock wrote:Sometimes it’s less invasive than others so that message would be up around the clock. Lol
Really though. It’s always being worked on. It’s just sometimes you’ll notice and others you won’t.
We prefer to leave it up and running as much as possible as opposed to taking it offline each time we want to tweak it.
But as of now we are down for a little maintenance and will be back up as soon as possible.

Spock - I understand better... In the future if I see the same Issue I will know what is happening and will simply wait for a while and try again.

:arrow: Looking forward to your next "GSoW Update" posting.

Thanks. :D

gnd
Squadron Leader

Post#115 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:55 am

A quick question:
KSOD used to have a list of building values for different levels for base score calculation.
Any plans on putting that list back somewhere? It was linked to from the faq page ...

toname
Commander

Post#116 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:43 am

gnd wrote:A quick question:
KSOD used to have a list of building values for different levels for base score calculation.
Any plans on putting that list back somewhere? It was linked to from the faq page ...

All that information is available on the data miner page (listed as XP) at https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/

Once an issue with the wiki domain renewal is resolved, it will also be available in more user friendly formatting there.

toname
Commander

Post#117 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm

I noticed that the UC numbers on the Conflicts page are low by 2k+ gears as we approach the end of the conflict.

SuggestIon: put the disclaimer at the top of the page where people are more likely to read it. Probably will get fewer complaints about it down the line.

Spock
Admiral

Post#118 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Haha. It’s worth a try. Thanks.

Spock
Admiral

Post#119 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Good news guys.
Today’s GSoW update allows you to bookmark a squad.

To do this when you open a Squads info, tap or click on the squad name at the top left of the screen.
This will open the squad info on another window you can now bookmark!

Note,
When done it’s best to close that window as using the back button can cause issues for some browsers.
Also avoid using the right click on a mouse as that can also cause issues.

DeathStriker

Post#120 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Spock wrote:Good news guys.
Today’s GSoW update allows you to bookmark a squad.

Spock - Thanks for the Update and Posting! :D

Return to “General Discussions”