GSoW is Live!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: GSoW is Live!

Post#101 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 am

I want to take a min to remind everyone this is all being done by volunteers. In their spare time.
We are doing our best to gather and evaluate then prioritize every suggestion.
And there have been a ton! Some will happen. Some won’t.

I will add I think the team is doing great at this so far. Far better than the game this site was designed to enhance.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#102 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:38 am

The team is doing an outstanding job, Spock.

One more thing that GSOW may want to consider is to have less leagues. Right now, there may be a lot of fluctuation in league standing when players move around (joining another squad for donating rep points, or NO-OP war, as merc-for-hire, etc...) causing the owning squad to be classified to different leagues.

toname
Commodore

Post#103 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:04 am

Josketer wrote:
toname wrote:You didn't understand what I wrote, apparently. A maxed HQ6 has a BS of 1338. A maxed HQ7 has a BS of 1688. All of our 7s are in that range. They don't have the "correct" BS because they are all developing 7s. You can't be a sandbagger if you are above the max BS for the level below you !
Where did you get 1575 anyways? That wasn't even an option.

No one says that your team is made up of sandbaggers, what I told you is that the BS of your teammates is very low for their HQ levels. For that reason, I think that your team is there in that place. Once they upload his BS, it is most likely that your team access the next league.
The BS number : 1575, was provided by you in a photo. There it is seen that a player of level HQ7 had a BS : 1575, the other two level HQ7 with lower values

You say that the BS of my teammates is very low, but your counterexample is an essentially maxed HQ7. Do you not see the flaw in your argument? You can't base a definition on the extreme end of the spectrum.

A player who maxes their HQ6 before upgrading would start HQ7 around a BS of 1358 and could increase to 1688 while a HQ7. 1575 is 2/3 of the way to maxing HQ7! This is not a "low" BS for the HQ level!

Going to summarize my argument here for a final time:
1) The Sarlacc Pit is intended to capture sandbagger squads.
2) A base with a BS anywhere between the max for their HQ level - 1 and the max for their HQ level (i.e. 1338 to 1688 for HQ7s) is by definition not a sandbagger
2a) (opinion) An HQ6 or lower base with a BS between the max for their HQ level - 2 and the max for their HQ level (i.e. 690-1338 for HQ6) isn't really a sandbagger either. Likely just trying to get access to armory because it takes forever to accumulate frags. This doesn't affect war matchups that significantly anyways.
3) The Sarlacc Pit (was) not doing a very good job at catching egregious sandbagging squads as the top Durasteel team was an egregious sandbagger squad with multiple sub-1000 BS HQ 8s and 9s. (This particular squad has since been relegated to the Pit in the last day or so.)
4) The Pit algorithm currently seems to weight lower HQ levels equally with higher HQ levels, as if HQ vs BS growth is linear, but growth is exponential until HQ9, then tapers slightly.

I took the average of the min (aka, max of next HQ level down) and of the max BS for my entire squad based on HQ level. Our average min based on HQ level would be 918, and our max would be 1239. Guess what our actual average base score is? 1024, or right in the range suggested by our HQ level. We are a developing squad, our base scores shouldn't be expected to be at the max for HQ level, but rather in a range between the min and max, which they are. This is the crux of my argument for why the current Sarlacc criteria is flawed.

(I did the same for the aforementioned sandbagger squad and found their expected average range to be 801-1095. Actual average? 645! One of these is not like the other.)

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#104 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:28 am

DarkRebel wrote:The team is doing an outstanding job, Spock.

One more thing that GSOW may want to consider is to have less leagues. Right now, there may be a lot of fluctuation in league standing when players move around (joining another squad for donating rep points, or NO-OP war, as merc-for-hire, etc...) causing the owning squad to be classified to different leagues.

We did consider that before we started. It’s working as intended.
If players leave their squad (regardless how noble the reasons may be) that squad will be affected appropriately based on who remains in that squad.
If a squad has half the players they are essentially half as strong as they were and could be put in a new league based on the strength of that squad at that given time.

Check out our YouTube channel with over 800 no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#105 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:40 am

toname wrote:You say that the BS of my teammates is very low, but your counterexample is an essentially maxed HQ7. Do you not see the flaw in your argument? You can't base a definition on the extreme end of the spectrum.

Looking at your squad mates, there are HQ6 and HQ5 bases that are rushed, to a varying degree. Some of the HQ6 bases have a lower base score than one of your HQ5 bases; some of the HQ5s have a base score very close to one of your HQ4s. There are hq5s with all lvl1 turrets, lvl1 shield generators, lvl1 walls, lvl1 credit markets, lvl1 alloy refineries.

I took a look at your base in-game (guessing it is Toname417). As a hq6, almost all alloy refineries and credit markets are lvl1. You have 3 turrets at lvl2, 1 at lvl3, 2 lvl4. And your base is less rushed than many in the squad.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

toname
Commodore

Post#106 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:47 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:Looking at your squad mates, there are HQ6 and HQ5 bases that are rushed, to a varying degree. Some of the HQ6 bases have a lower base score than one of your HQ5 bases; some of the HQ5s have a base score very close to one of your HQ4s. There are hq5s with all lvl1 turrets, lvl1 shield generators, lvl1 walls, lvl1 credit markets, lvl1 alloy refineries.

I took a look at your base in-game (guessing it is Toname417). As a hq6, almost all alloy refineries and credit markets are lvl1. You have 3 turrets at lvl2, 1 at lvl3, 2 lvl4. And your base is less rushed than many in the squad.

I am fully aware of the progress of my squad and my own base, thank you. True, my base is in progress (I rushed to HQ6 to start collecting armory frags and am now catching up), but my base score is still above the max for an HQ5. There are 4 bases in our squad that are somewhat below the "min" for their HQ level (one 3, one 5 and two 6s). We also have 2 max HQ8s and a number of other bases that are near the top of the range for their HQ level, such as the top HQ4 and HQ5. A couple small bases shouldn't outweigh the rest of the squad, especially when those bases are HQ6 or below! As I pointed out in my last post, our squad's average base score falls just below the middle of the reasonable range, once HQ level weight is accounted for.

On the whole, despite containing a few low-level members who could be called sandbagged, our squad is a developing squad, with reasonable base scores for our HQ levels, not a sandbagged one. I'm sure that if we are in the pit, there are many others that don't belong there either.

Since you brought up my refineries and markets, I will say that those are the biggest waste of time in the game. I get all the resources I need from attacks and crates. Resource buildings are barely even a factor in base score anyways. I will not be upgrading those until I have literally nothing else to upgrade.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#107 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Spock wrote:I want to take a min to remind everyone this is all being done by volunteers. In their spare time.
We are doing our best to gather and evaluate then prioritize every suggestion.
And there have been a ton! Some will happen. Some won’t.

I will add I think the team is doing great at this so far. Far better than the game this site was designed to enhance.

....thx for the explanation, also to Josketer and the other, now I understand it :D ....and you did an awesome job, you and your team of GSoW, lovin that work...
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#108 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:30 am

Fixed the following:
* Allow “enter” key to start search
* Fixed FAQ link not active for MS trueskill ranking system page
* Fixed Squad Detail: durasteel league has a lower case “d”

DeathStriker

Post#109 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 am

Spock wrote:Fixed the following: {snip}

Spock - Thanks for the Update smile :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#110 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 pm

GSoW Annoyance / Issue

GSoW will be working Ok, then I will return to view Website after some time, and after Tab (where Website is shown) has been deleted and suddenly GSoW won't show any "data" such as Squad Rankings, Conflict Info, etc.

:arrow: Closing Browser and re-opening Browser has no effect.

I use Safari (Mac OS / iOS) and have same issue on both PC (Mac) and Mobile Device (iPad / iPhone).

I don't know what causes this "issue" but it does annoy me.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”