Kessen Tips

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Captain

Re: Kessen Tips

Post#11 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 am

Midge wrote:Ah ... this thread will be full of so much wrong it will be delicious.

He ALWAYS ALWAYS shoots through the north corner of a building. ALWAYS. This is 100 percent. There is NO OTHER part of a building he shoots through.

There is no "straight line" through a building for a hit.

He ALWAYS targets the Dekas (if they are within 60 spaces) first. BUT HE DOES NOT SHOOT THROUGH THEM if there are buildings in the way. He will see the nearest deka, and then fire through the FIRST building in his sightline between himself and that Deka. That is why buried dekas ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS provide about 10 different drop and pop targets on the outside for Kessen through the north corner of the first building in his sight line.

There are MANY who will come on here and argue this. There are MANY who will say his shot "deflects" off of larger buildings. There are MANY who will say they missed a shot because of "drunk Kessen." There are many who will say he targets this or that.

They are wrong.

EDIT: That graphic up there seems spot on. I don't see anything to dispute in it. In PvP play, it is easy to let the GR come out and shoot through them. But you have to wait for one of the GR to CLEAR any building in the path.

Good stuff!

Couldn't have said it better. 8-)
"REBEL LIVES MATTER!"

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Midge wrote:Ah ... this thread will be full of so much wrong it will be delicious.

Ahhhh, Adm Midge, I am so looking forward to those Kessen delicacies!

Like Los Vega, Adm Midge put me on the path to Kessen mastery.....treat his capability as a fine art form (credit Adm Midge again, for that). Understand how he works, practice, then you can “feel” the way with JK. When he does your bidding, it is a thing of great satisfaction....even if your follow-on attack goes belly up!

Read Midge’s words carefully....what he says is pure truth!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Josketer
Commodore

Post#13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Kessen do not belong to the SW world. I never use that character invented by Disney. With Vader or the eATAT it is enough to defeat practically most of the bases.The troops that have saved in their SC, does not represent any problem for the attacks.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Pirate
Admiral

Post#14 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 pm

There are four important steps to learning Kessen:

1) learn and understand the rules
2) watch replies for technique and to see the rules in action. LINE and youtube have lots of good replays
3) practice with Kessen
4) more practice

Important to note that the graphics display of the shot line is often wrong. It is better to follow the line of destruction to understand where the shot really went, ignore the graphic.

He is a great tool to have in the arsenal and brings a fun variation to attacks.

LosVega wrote:Advance Kessen technique is hitting the deka on a roll. Seen it done, gawd damn freaking impressive for those that can.

I'm cool with dekas rolling toward him but the perpendicular shot through a rolling deka is next level for sure. Impressive is right.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:29 am

I use Kessen a ton with my main base (level 9, level 7 Lugg at the moment but on the way up). I don't go for the SC shot very often. I prefer to trip the SC/dekas with a kubaz, and then drop the lugg in a far corner as bait. Usually, jets pop out. I'll wait til they clear the buildings, drop kessen, and fire through the jet cloud. I'll then get a shock trooper down nearby, a med on Kessen, and deploy four Rodians. I will also drop several sandtroopers in front of Kessen in case I need a secondary shield. Once the jets are down, things usually go pretty well.

For me, this is safer than going for the big shot, because if you miss the SC, you really need to scramble to save the attack. I will sometimes go for the snipe if there are no dekas present but barracks gr running. Then I'll drop the lugg where I want it to draw sharps or whatever on the line I want, and then deploy Kessen and sight him off the troop. Sometimes you can line up two barracks and the SC, and get all three buildings in one shot. That is sweet when it happens.

I agree with mkenobi that Kessen is the best all around hero for imps, IF you have the astromedic levelled up. He's our only striker hero, *although* the naval officer will take out dekas and troops if you deploy him properly. You need bait far away from the main base and the turrets, and you need to draw in the dekas or troops close to the bait. Do that, and the naval officer will quickly wipe everything out before going after the turrets.

simoalien
Officer

Post#16 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm

I still don't trust this hero, so what bases would it be to attack with kessen? because I didn't understand

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:40 pm

simoalien wrote:I still don't trust this hero, so what bases would it be to attack with kessen? because I didn't understand

All of them.

Every. Single. One.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Midge wrote:
simoalien wrote:I still don't trust this hero, so what bases would it be to attack with kessen? because I didn't understand

All of them.

Every. Single. One.

Every base ....really...without exception... can be done by JK. You just gotta perfect his magic. Do that thing you must on the path to JK mastery....Lots of the guys have done it....tis a joyous thing when your bidding he does. BUT...he is unforgiving if you screw up his driving test. Trust me...been there....

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Josketer wrote:Kessen do not belong to the SW world. I never use that character invented by Disney. With Vader or the eATAT it is enough to defeat practically most of the bases.The troops that have saved in their SC, does not represent any problem for the attacks.

Well, good thinking my friend, if you got Vader and your eATAT crutch at the ready. No probs for you then. Fine! JK is the go to hero for many of us Rebs ...who are learning, or have learned, his finer points. And that is a tool that I rarely see used...by the Imps anyway. Que sera, sera, amigo....

Return to “General Discussions”