Kessen Tips

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Major General

Kessen Tips

Post#1 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:23 am

I have never really used Kessen and now I would like to try. What are some good tips for sniping SCs with Kessen?

(All of the previous posts along this line get an answer of: Go to LINE...)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Kessen Tips

Post#2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:44 am

Kessen is the best hero in this game for many reasons. I love him, and I don't care about SW hardcore fans that keep saying he never was in the OT and is a Disney creation, or whatever. He's good for both faction, now even better for Rebels after the training time being reduced to the same training time of the Imperial Kessen. What makes him available for sucessive attacks like the eAT-AT.

I think there are other veterans with more tips about Kessen than me, but even at low levels Kessen can be very useful in wars and PvP thanks his magnetic shot.

You can blow walls with that shot to open holes to infiltrate units, you can hit that damn droid hut that is left in the opposite corner before time runs out, you can use him to kill enemy troops, and of course you can blow SC and everything else in the way of his magnetic pulse.

All you need to do is align Kessen with some building in the straight line with the SC and shot (look if his riflle Karina is in the right direction or he can miss the shot), and use live dekas if they are available in the enemy base to align with the SC -- dekas are Kessen priority target. Use a Luga to increase the power of his shot against higher level targets.

Don't miss that shot or Kessen becomes useless. Have always a Plan B. Kessen requires a lot of practicing, but once you get the point, you will love to use him, and get trust in give that shot. Sometimes he fails, and even if you see the shot passing through the SC you can't destroy it. The line created by the shot is not accurate, you can think you hit but sometimes you don't. That's what I see when I use Kessen.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Ghostie
Captain

Post#3 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:36 am

Hope this helps

LINE_1552235404771.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"REBEL LIVES MATTER!"

Ghostie
Captain

Post#4 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 am

kessen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"REBEL LIVES MATTER!"

Ghostie
Captain

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:50 am

Got those files above from a buddy that works very hard on the game. I hope they can help you and anyone else that needs the info.

Also, D~B Kessen Chat is available on LINE App....used to be part of it many moons ago...not anymore, but I am sure someone on here can get you an invite if needed.
"REBEL LIVES MATTER!"

LosVega
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Wanna learn how to use Kessen in a lethal fashion? Ask Midge, that's who I learned it from. Most importantly, always remember to line him up along the north corner of the building he's closest to in line with his target. 9 times out of 10, if you miss, that's the reason why. Advance Kessen technique is hitting the deka on a roll. Seen it done, gawd damn freaking impressive for those that can.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

strawman3125
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:29 am

Ghostie wrote:Hope this helps

LINE_1552235404771.jpg

Thanks! I did not realize that he was targeting the top corner! That makes much more sense!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 am

strawman3125 wrote:

LINE_1552235404771.jpg

Thanks! I did not realize that he was targeting the top corner! That makes much more sense!

Don't think he targets the top corner. That graphic is not accurate.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 am

Ah ... this thread will be full of so much wrong it will be delicious.

He ALWAYS ALWAYS shoots through the north corner of a building. ALWAYS. This is 100 percent. There is NO OTHER part of a building he shoots through.

There is no "straight line" through a building for a hit.

He ALWAYS targets the Dekas (if they are within 60 spaces) first. BUT HE DOES NOT SHOOT THROUGH THEM if there are buildings in the way. He will see the nearest deka, and then fire through the FIRST building in his sightline between himself and that Deka. That is why buried dekas ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS provide about 10 different drop and pop targets on the outside for Kessen through the north corner of the first building in his sight line.

There are MANY who will come on here and argue this. There are MANY who will say his shot "deflects" off of larger buildings. There are MANY who will say they missed a shot because of "drunk Kessen." There are many who will say he targets this or that.

They are wrong.

EDIT: That graphic up there seems spot on. I don't see anything to dispute in it. In PvP play, it is easy to let the GR come out and shoot through them. But you have to wait for one of the GR to CLEAR any building in the path.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Ghostie
Captain

Post#10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 am

strawman3125 wrote:

LINE_1552235404771.jpg

Glad I could help. So, many misconceptions on Kessen with that said... once you get the feel for the "rules" using him comes naturally...you literally start to see the angles.

Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime.
"REBEL LIVES MATTER!"

Return to “General Discussions”