A boycott on spending money.

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
BusuBoots
Captain

A boycott on spending money.

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm playing this game for free. I have spent money on games and it never really turned out well. I do appreciate the folks that spend money on this game, but it seems to me the developers don't. We are being used to beta test changes to the game from the moment Zynga took over. I have never been part of a game that had it's own independent forum and widespread line presense. With these things would it be practical to organize a boycott on spending money?

What do you think?

Boots

P.S. to the folks that set this forum up so the community can gather and discuss:.

Thank you! You are the reason I continue to play this game.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

FruitBowlMafia
Major General

Re: A boycott on spending money.

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:32 pm

BusuBoots wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm playing this game for free. I have spent money on games and it never really turned out well. I do appreciate the folks that spend money on this game, but it seems to me the developers don't. We are being used to beta test changes to the game from the moment Zynga took over. I have never been part of a game that had it's own independent forum and widespread line presense. With these things would it be practical to organize a boycott on spending money?

What do you think?

Boots

P.S. to the folks that set this forum up so the community can gather and discuss:.

It does suck Boots, the game is so greed based. Only thing you can do to get back @Disney/Zynga is do your HD loops.

Max out them HD frags & it will really help out on offense & Defense
Lone_Rebellion

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:34 pm

FruitBowlMafia wrote:

What do you think?

Boots

It does suck Boots, the game is so greed based. Only thing you can do to get back @Disney/Zynga is do your HD loops.

don't tell everyone they might fix it.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Vilified
Commander

Post#4 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 am

I'm behind you 100% Boots. And I've spent all kinds of currency here. Just be careful. We dont want any MLKj treatment. (Quietly now everyone move to the back of the bus..)
WE WANT OUR SAMPLES BACK
WE WANT OR MEDALS BACK
WE NEED THIS OUTRAGEOUS Prestige CRYSTAL COST TO DISAPPEAR
and finally. I WANT THIS GOLD CRAP OFF MY BASE!

Or yous wont get another dime from me
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:02 am

FruitBowlMafia wrote:

What do you think?

Boots

I'm 3 years in and I only have about one or two years to go until I have collected them all!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:02 am

No one needs to put money in this game, but someone have to do to keep the game alive, this is a freemium game never forget this. I am on this boycot since ever, because I never put a cent in the Mickey's ass playing in more than 4 years, and had the generous crystals compensation for losing my Imperial base on Windows.

If you are going to put money in this game for some reason, it should be only to buy the 4th and 5th Droid, nothing more. And if you have patience, you can get enough crystals to buy the 4th droid when you still is level 6 or 7, and probably buy the 5th droid when you reach HQ 9m only playing the game for free.

I see Prestige bases with level 3-4 turrets/shields/resources generators. One dude joined my squad as Prestige with a Level 3 Lab. When I asked why he had a Lab level 3, he asked me why he should upgrade the Lab... There are too many players paying to play, what is good for the game.

But never buy crates in the shop for specific units if you don't have the other possible units maxed out. You will be wasting your money to get crap you don't want/need.

All Armory and Elite Units you need to win in this game are available in HDs, Objectives and War crates -- and they are free. Play on a daily basis to do as many HDs and Objectives as possible, and play wars often and you'll be fine.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

chicohound
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:44 pm

I've been boycotting spending money on this mess of a game for months now. I could care a less if my prestige and troop upgrades take 10-14 days to finish.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#8 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Disney got way too greedy and lost sight. They stretched the wait times too long and the costs too high that there's no motivation whatsoever to put any money into this game.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#9 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Without people putting money into the game it'd die, so while I don't spend money I appreciate the players that do as it keeps the game going.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 11)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 am

Yes, lets organize a boycott of spending money so ... uh ... they just turn the thing off?

You can always delete the app you know? That is the same thing that would happen.

Besides, this boycott seems to have happened already as revenue has gone down pretty consistently for 14 months (long before Zynga, BTW).
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “General Discussions”