No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Gaardian
Captain

Re: No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

Post#41 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 am

Yeah wish SC filling would change. Such as you fill it and it auto replenishes for 24 hours with those troops. Deka’s repair time is annoying too IMO lol. Maybe every 24 hours they need “maintenance” rather than repairing them so often.

rmm
Storm Trooper

Post#42 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

It seems big loot dev bases are back.

thecursedpit
Commander

Post#43 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am

Confirmed, I was just reading through the topic and saw the last message and decided to see if they were back. Conclusion:
First: I could skip bases without CNFO bs, which was nice!
Second: after 8-10 bases I saw a loaded dev base indeed. I'm assuming they're back on the menu, for those interested.

As for the complaints about dev bases being a part of the game and the loot they contain:
I think they should be part of the game and also don't need buffs like GR and so on. What would fix this is:

- They should contain less loot (35%- of current) to still appeal to casual players short on time to spend hrs retraining armies and hitting player bases.
Also, not everyone is of equal skill. Sometimes I mindlessly smack dev bases for resources, other times I try to find the hardest player targets I can to practice my skills and for fun. It's good to have both options as this will cater to both types of players.
For the fanatics complaining everyone should hit only player bases: that's your choice if you want to hit players only. Don't tell others how to enjoy the game.

- Medal and gear rewards need to be reduced for dev bases, boosted for hitting player bases.
As in: the max medals/gear on a 3* dev base should be equal to a 2* player base. For example:
18 medals/500 gears for a prestige dev base, 36-42medals 1000 gears for a 3*prestige player.

- Resource generating bases need a 10x increase in resource production: it would take 48 hrs +- for bases to replenish their stocks that way, from empty to full. If you lost a defense, it's not like you'll be completely empty anyway.

Thoughts guys?

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#44 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:15 am

Good to know the Mega Loot Dev bases are back. In a couple days i will have my droidekas ready for another upgrading in my both Prestige bases -- and I don't want to have to fight for a whole day Prestige bases to try to get enough contraband to upgrade each one -- and mine DDKs are above level 40...

They've created the Prestige monsters with all this huge increase in upgrade costs, now they can go to hell if they do not give us ways to upgrade all of that.

Many here gave good ways to solve problems about matchmaking and Dev bases loot/medals/conflict points issues -- like adjust matchmaking to HQ (1 level above, 1 level below at least, and not more medals/base score) and cut dev bases resources/gears by half or more.

Hope Devs are reading all these posts and take the best solutions to improve the game asap.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#45 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:45 am

They are back!

Even better, my HQ9 bases are seeing them and they have not seen them in over 5 months! Yeah! Now they can also get easy loot!

CPR
Cadet Trooper

Post#46 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:25 am

strawman3125 wrote:They are back!

Even better, my HQ9 bases are seeing them and they have not seen them in over 5 months! Yeah! Now they can also get easy loot!

What planets are yall seeing these on? I am Prestige Level with 85K medals on Dando.

Josketer
Major General

Post#47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 am

Yeesss ! They are back ! I've seen one on yavin 4. No more CNFO !!!!!! Yupiiiiiii !!!!!!!! :D
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

rmm
Storm Trooper

Post#48 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:55 am

thecursedpit wrote:Confirmed, I was just reading through the topic and saw the last message and decided to see if they were back. Conclusion:
First: I could skip bases without CNFO bs, which was nice!
Second: after 8-10 bases I saw a loaded dev base indeed. I'm assuming they're back on the menu, for those interested.

As for the complaints about dev bases being a part of the game and the loot they contain:
I think they should be part of the game and also don't need buffs like GR and so on. What would fix this is:

- They should contain less loot (35%- of current) to still appeal to casual players short on time to spend hrs retraining armies and hitting player bases.
Also, not everyone is of equal skill. Sometimes I mindlessly smack dev bases for resources, other times I try to find the hardest player targets I can to practice my skills and for fun. It's good to have both options as this will cater to both types of players.
For the fanatics complaining everyone should hit only player bases: that's your choice if you want to hit players only. Don't tell others how to enjoy the game.

- Medal and gear rewards need to be reduced for dev bases, boosted for hitting player bases.
As in: the max medals/gear on a 3* dev base should be equal to a 2* player base. For example:
18 medals/500 gears for a prestige dev base, 36-42medals 1000 gears for a 3*prestige player.

- Resource generating bases need a 10x increase in resource production: it would take 48 hrs +- for bases to replenish their stocks that way, from empty to full. If you lost a defense, it's not like you'll be completely empty anyway.

Thoughts guys?

I agree with this.

Vilified
Commander

Post#49 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

FelixKostobi wrote:Rich dev bases kept people like me in the game when I had decided to quit. Why? Because as everybody agree, attacking a strong lvl10 base back then, full of snipers/med and more for 0-2 star max using everything you could carry in 2 mins and then try to remember to come back after 2h was not appealing.
So conflicts, even events went off grid (I know that many, myself included, want events back but I also remember the frustration of the ridiculous demands for nerfed rewards of the last event that made my lvl10 base just abstain).
Add to these the fact that each upgrade required tons of res and week+ time, there was no fun at all, all purposes were gone.
Thanks to rich dev bases at least have been upgrading my dekas and base, complete some daily objectives and even play a bit in conflicts.
Well, until recently. Because I played on dandoran after a long time hitting real, prestige but not monster bases... Until I could find no more bases. So much effort for nothing because couldn't find one opp the last 2h of the conflict.
Let's face it, we are too few left playing. Without rich dev bases, soon there will be just ghost bases.

Amen
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Vilified
Commander

Post#50 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm

No dice on Yavin.. I mean cnfao 8 times in a row.. Not even a ranked 25 glowing burst n barracks with maxed out droids. "Buffer dial in space" Yeah not even You Luke Skywalker! No ewoks, No Han Solo Rex and his Shield generator Attack Sq.
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Return to “General Discussions”