No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Major General

Re: Complaining about no dev bases

Post#31 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Gaardian wrote:3 things need to happen if dev bases are removed.

1 - player resource generators need far higher output at higher levels
2 - CNFO cannot happen
3 - in order for #3 to happen, at a certain point, protection needs to be reduced if the number of available opposing bases are limited

As for number 3, I have suggested protect the resources but not the base. After a loss, players cannot continue to loot you during the protection period, but they can continue to attack you for conflict points or objectives, etc. If losing sc troops because of too many attacks becomes a headache or issue, give the sc troops 2-3 lives. After that, it's on the player to check in and reload. I can see giving some leeway, since we all sleep and most of us work. If no one is protected from attacks, I suspect CNFO's are either eliminated or become very infrequent. I would be interested to see if that eliminates the need for dev bases.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

Post#32 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:55 pm

The problem with shutting down dev bases now is that level 11's can't attack level 4's, like they would have been able to do in the past. This makes cnfo a real problem, even on Tat. They also removed a shit ton of bases from they system. My donor base used to be ranked in the 5 millions; I keep it at 1 medal. When prestige came in, it jumped up to around #200,000. So, ~5 million bases were removed. It used to be that when the dev bases went down, you wouldn't get cnfo, instead you'd draw bizarre, dead bases. Over the course of a few days, the level would drop from your level way down. I suspect these zombie bases were among the 5 million that got erased.

They really need to keep the dev bases, but lower the gear rewards for conflicts. They should either keep the loot, or increase loot production by 10-50X in our generators. They cut wall prices by 10X, they can increase loot generation.

They really need to quit being so cute. Make conflicts more fair. For instance, have flat awards for everyone. You hit a base at your level, you get 500/300/100 for 3/2/1 stars. Attack up a level, it's 600/360/120. It goes up more for attacking more levels up, and goes down more for attacking more levels down. All bases should be rated equally at each hq level. They are now reaping the consequences of their short sighted matchmaking and rewards schemes. They can increase the rewards as you level up, because cook times become longer, and you can't attack as often. They really need to simplify things, and actually reward you for developing your base instead of screwing you.

The biggest problem Disney had was that they operated on a bait-and-switch philosophy. They'd give us something good, then screw us the next time. Zynga has got to stop treating us like total rubes and schmucks if they want this to last. I think the rubes may be done after they spent $100-150 per prestige building upgrade so they could jump to the top of the medals list, only to have their medals stolen. Like I say, I think some of those rubes may be done, lol.

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#33 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Cnfo was bad.

It was 1-3 attacks per hour for me on yavin and er kit if lucky. I gave up on er kit for anything over 20% crate. I pushed on for yavin though.

I was able to get yavin to uc at 1.18% but that took a lot of re starts and luck to find bases.

Doing that for every world would be insane. Dev bases are needed to keep people able to play sadly.

Numbers are just too low to keep the balance as is.

They need to just turn them on again until they find out what to do for good in the future.

TNT
Admiral

Post#34 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:37 am

I have a feeling that they limited the amount of Dev bases you can find in a set period of time. Possibly globally.

Maybe they should introduce a fuel mechanic. This would limit the amount of attacks/skips you can do and allows them to sell fuel. :( This could solve the population problem. Less bases being attacked means more bases available to be attacked.
I'm not a big fan of that mechanic though.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

EdibleKarlos
Commodore

Post#35 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:37 am

TNT wrote:I have a feeling that they limited the amount of Dev bases you can find in a set period of time. Possibly globally.

Maybe they should introduce a fuel mechanic. This would limit the amount of attacks/skips you can do and allows them to sell fuel. :( This could solve the population problem. Less bases being attacked means more bases available to be attacked.
I'm not a big fan of that mechanic though.

I think they have just been turned off (hopefully for development work to improve them, i.e lower cog rewards / loot), the downside is the CNFO (only affects those who don't want to actually PvP). There is a lot of work needed to bring it back to an 'offensive' game, jets need nerfing, and turret multipliers need adjusting (bursts are now the goto generalist).

I like the fuel idea, 5 lives per day, gaining 1 star or more replenishes the life used. Would certainly piss off the medal dumpers / macro attacks, wouldn't resolve sandbagging but its a step in the right direction. only downside is credit card warriors would buy their way to UC, but that isn't a bad thing as investment in the game is what Zynga want (hopefully they will return the favour and give us another pointless unit to frag chase on (perhaps a skin for the demo bot where it only takes 1 min to take out a transport pad?)

I personally just hit the first base I see, and only hit a dev when a droid has finished and i'm a bit short. But have noticed the loot from real bases is now becoming sparse as people are going into their overdrafts. Theres plenty to hit on dandy at the mo (as its a conflict break) but pass few days has been CNFO nightmare, which being ex-windows is giving me terrible flashbacks. #ifyoucanpointonthedollexactlywherethemousetouchedyou

DarthVanquish
Cadet Trooper

Post#36 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:57 am

Yesterday while in a sugar induced ADHD nightmare, I kept restarting the game and attacking on Tat over and over again, fighting real players and Dev bases alike to get myself an ultra. I must have restarted 200+ times to attack about 60 bases.

Every single Dev base I encountered had less loot, medals, and conflict points than before, while at the same time being a weaker base overall. I could smash the Dev bases with 4-6 jets.

Seeing as how points was all that I was after, it's all I really payed attention to. The average Dev base gave about 400-450 conflict points. There were some that would be 250-275. My base is Prestige to give you an idea. Even though there was less loot it was still a decent amount.

Maybe this is their new Dev base loading system and it's just broken? No clue, but I think we all deserve some form of compensation for the epic waste of time this has been for everyone.

SleeperSim12
Commodore

Post#37 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 am

Still no attack possible on tat for my lvl 6 base :(

I need to restart and attempt 3-4 times before I get a base and of these most I can't attack. Prestige dev bases with Deka and deko and 20 turrets
Bla bla bla. Just another player with wayyyy tooo manyyy accounts.

lc77
Commodore

Post#38 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 am

DarthLazer wrote:I think they need to reduce the loot back to the 8k dev bases use to be and get it back up and running quickly

Prestige upgrades would be so much fun.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#39 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 am

I am still getting CNFOs and there isn't even a conflict going on... no daily objectives or even getting resources to build things. What is there that is left to do in the game when you cannot attack?

DrPain
Commodore

Post#40 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 am

This has been a long standing issue going back to the very beginning. And tbh, I don't see much of a solution other than scraping protection time all together (incl when you're online). You would certainly have bases to hit and better/fairer matchmaking.

I don't see the point of grinding for skins on dev bases so that you can grind for skins on dev bases later on. In this case, you're pretty much playing a single player game, so what's the point?

I think that if protection times are eliminated, you probably need to implement a max amount of resources that you will lose in a day (game will provide the additional amount offered), autofill SC/traps/dekas, and maybe impose a limit on the number of times a player can hit the same base. I suppose the game could also give the option to have a roster of different base designs and SC content for players. That way if someone hits the same player twice, there wouldn't be the same level of predictability.

Return to “General Discussions”