No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SpaceDandy
Commodore

Re: No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

Post#21 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:26 pm

I agree with a lot of what’s been said but on the CNFO issue itself, keep open the possibility that it’s a technical issue that will blow over in a few days or a controlled experiment to see what the game play data looks like sans developer bases as they consider ways to improve the game - as improving it is what they are incented to do.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Vilified
Commander

Re: Complaining about no dev bases

Post#22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Does it matter if they launch 3/4 load outs? Would it be better to see your squad mates get stuck without having the rss to upgrade? How about having your squad mates only logging on every three hours or so requesting and donating. How would that suit your middle crate? Does one a day (maybe)sound good?
I like my objective crates and dev bases help achieve them. For multiple reasons. (Deploy 39 repair droids how long would that take unless you dont mind losing) Dev bases incourage single game play. They hold no water when it comes to Squad Wars. Thats where the skills come into play. Let those rush and gain all the medals and resources they want. When we run into them at War time the true colors come out. When I get stuck with cfao during a conflict with disc I want to win and not purchase Its a problem. That dev bases were obviously a big help. Spent the last 2 days of this event being return to my base not gaining points. Please explain how was that is a solution to all the problems with this game. I thoroughly enjoyed only pressing next 4 or 5 times till I found a worthy base. I dont enjoy watching the buffer dial spin in space till my own base gets reloaded. When I press play I wanna play. Now I'm here spending time rather that acquiring the 18k medals that disappeared 3 months ago. Still had Dev bases back then. Hope you were right and now that they're gone(dev bases) my medals will reappear.
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Crankyface
Commander

Re: Complaining about no dev bases

Post#23 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Vilified wrote:Does it matter if they launch 3/4 load outs? Would it be better to see your squad mates get stuck without having the rss to upgrade? How about having your squad mates only logging on every three hours or so requesting and donating. How would that suit your middle crate? Does one a day (maybe)sound good?
I like my objective crates and dev bases help achieve them. For multiple reasons. (Deploy 39 repair droids how long would that take unless you dont mind losing) Dev bases incourage single game play. They hold no water when it comes to Squad Wars. Thats where the skills come into play. Let those rush and gain all the medals and resources they want. When we run into them at War time the true colors come out. When I get stuck with cfao during a conflict with disc I want to win and not purchase Its a problem. That dev bases were obviously a big help. Spent the last 2 days of this event being return to my base not gaining points. Please explain how was that is a solution to all the problems with this game. I thoroughly enjoyed only pressing next 4 or 5 times till I found a worthy base. I dont enjoy watching the buffer dial spin in space till my own base gets reloaded. When I press play I wanna play. Now I'm here spending time rather that acquiring the 18k medals that disappeared 3 months ago. Still had Dev bases back then. Hope you were right and now that they're gone(dev bases) my medals will reappear.

I respectfully disagree about the logging in aspect, i agree that the dev bases are needed given the player pool numbers but the LOADED dev bases have done worse for the game from my experiences, less ppl playing because they long in attack 2-3 bases and done for the day some don't even chat because not needed. In the past when you had to attack real bases you would be on longer chatting with your squadmates shooting the shyte while troops were cooking. Now what i have seen in many squads that we visit online presence is at its lowest point i have ever seen in this game in the 5 years i have been playing.
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

bob1084
Commodore

Post#24 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

The replies to my comment AGAIN prove just how right I am. One person said “then people would have to deal with real bases every hit” hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaahhhahahahahahahahaha

Think about that. You find it “ok” to hit fake bases with idiotically overpowered troops. Maybe...

Just maybe....

Loading up dev bases with GR and full SC’s would prove to everyone (looking at you faction that sees them the most) just how horrendous pvp is.

But I have to use my sc all the time, I would have to use air every hit! Somehow someway this needs to happen. Hitting fake bases is beyond trash and a waste of time and ultimately what has lead to how poor this games current state is. No unbuffed dev bases from day 1 would have made imps see just how bad it is.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Agree with a lot of comments posted here:
- Need dev bases to avoid CNFO.
- Dev bases should only be viewed as a way to work around the issue of not having enough real bases, on all planets, to attack
- It should be more rewarding to attacking harder bases.

I made this point multiple times before. The root issue is the imbalance in risk/reward between real bases and dev bases. It has been much more rewarding to attack dev bases and this needs to be addressed.

So either:
1. Keep the high loots in dev bases, but make dev bases much harder by turning on defense armory equipment (including GR) and auto reload SC contents.
2. Keep dev bases, but lower loots, conflict gear, medal so that it would be significantly more rewarding to attack real bases.

Personally, I like 2 as I don’t like to spend crystals to train air or having to wait 1-1.5 hours between attacks. I like to attack easier bases while waiting for air load to replenish and SC reloaded, in case I want to take on a challenging base.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#26 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Agree with a lot of comments posted here:
- Need dev bases to avoid CNFO.
- Dev bases should only be viewed as a way to work around the issue of not having enough real bases, on all planets, to attack
- It should be more rewarding to attacking harder bases.

I made this point multiple times before. The root issue is the imbalance in risk/reward between real bases and dev bases. It has been much more rewarding to attack dev bases and this needs to be addressed.

So either:
1. Keep the high loots in dev bases, but make dev bases much harder by turning on defense armory equipment (including GR) and auto reload SC contents.
2. Keep dev bases, but lower loots, conflict gear, medal so that it would be significantly more rewarding to attack real bases.

Personally, I like 2 as I don’t like to spend crystals to train air or having to wait 1-1.5 hours between attacks. I like to attack easier bases while waiting for air load to replenish and SC reloaded, in case I want to take on a challenging base.

Lmao!!!!! The point went straight over your head

FelixKostobi
Commodore

Post#27 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Rich dev bases kept people like me in the game when I had decided to quit. Why? Because as everybody agree, attacking a strong lvl10 base back then, full of snipers/med and more for 0-2 star max using everything you could carry in 2 mins and then try to remember to come back after 2h was not appealing.
So conflicts, even events went off grid (I know that many, myself included, want events back but I also remember the frustration of the ridiculous demands for nerfed rewards of the last event that made my lvl10 base just abstain).
Add to these the fact that each upgrade required tons of res and week+ time, there was no fun at all, all purposes were gone.
Thanks to rich dev bases at least have been upgrading my dekas and base, complete some daily objectives and even play a bit in conflicts.
Well, until recently. Because I played on dandoran after a long time hitting real, prestige but not monster bases... Until I could find no more bases. So much effort for nothing because couldn't find one opp the last 2h of the conflict.
Let's face it, we are too few left playing. Without rich dev bases, soon there will be just ghost bases.
HQ Prestige Rebel only, 79k medals, founder and former leader of Rebel4Ever, now a plain member
If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!
http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history
LINE ID : fcostov

ii2
Commander

Post#28 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm

bob1084 wrote:The replies to my comment AGAIN prove just how right I am. One person said “then people would have to deal with real bases every hit” hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaahhhahahahahahahahaha

Think about that. You find it “ok” to hit fake bases with idiotically overpowered troops. Maybe...

Just maybe....

Loading up dev bases with GR and full SC’s would prove to everyone (looking at you faction that sees them the most) just how horrendous pvp is.

But I have to use my sc all the time, I would have to use air every hit! Somehow someway this needs to happen. Hitting fake bases is beyond trash and a waste of time and ultimately what has lead to how poor this games current state is. No unbuffed dev bases from day 1 would have made imps see just how bad it is.

Buddy you sound dazed and confused.

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Loaded dev bases came along with the introduction of the Prestige level and led to partial inflation in the ‘economy’ of SWC... Suddenly you had to be active to keep up with the Jones’s (short term good - rewards activity), you had to work on your defense because otherwise you were a good secondary looting target (overall - good but who cared because you could loot another dev base), likely led to a burst of crystal spending to speed upgrades (short term good for the devs revenue)... however with the introduction of Prestige the distance/difference between a large block of established P/L10 players and the casual players who lagged not to mention the new entrants is so vast that its a disincentive for them to stick with the game (long term BAD and needs to be addressed - nerfing, easier upgrades for the lower levels than what we had, new units that shift the balance again, removing of some armoury buffs.... other stuff?)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm

I want to believe Zynga Devs are smarter than the Disney ones... They know how important Dev bases are for the game. CNFO killed the game for Windows, never forget this because we didn't have Dev bases -- only CNFO.

Guess this is a test to trying adjust the matchmaking and they turned off Dev bases to see the impact of base strenght or medals or anything else in the matchmaking without the Dev bases. Or they are going to launch a new model of Dev base,with less loot, less medal/points for wins.

But here another suggestion if Dev bases are gone forever to have more players available to attack: reduce the protection time. 4h-8h-12h, or less like 4h-6h-8h. I think 8h is good enough. If you want more protection time, buy through crystals.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Return to “General Discussions”