No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Admiral

Re: No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

Post#161 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:41 am

Boog wrote:All casual players have to do is do hd's. It's easy as hell; join a good squad with reloc perks and level 6+ players can do all 6-8-10 or 12 per day in very little time. If they don't want to do that, then too bad, they can be cannon fodder for the rest of us. There is no reason at all to care about the plight of the casual player, or to design the matchmaking system so that they don't get their precious feelings hurt.

This is such a short sighted post the mind boggles.

I'll boil your post down to make it easier to digest what you're saying:
- We don't need casuals.

The following conclusions can be drawn from this:
- Matchmaking currently is fine. You don't believe that because you're in this topic.
- Hardcore players spontaneously pop into existence after a while to fill in for people who are quitting and aren't casuals turning into hardcore players because they get hooked. I hope to god you don't believe this either.

There are currently 14.940 frags in the HD pool. That's 7.470 crates. Doing nothing but 12 HDs it will take him 623 days to max out.
This is provided that they win every HD. Meanwhile, HDs have equipment turned on and reloading heroes and SC takes time.

Try again, I know from your posting history you're smarter than this.

mkenobi wrote:Good points on these posts.

Sandbaggers and minis are ruining the game for the low level players more than medal dumpers, but we can't blame any of them. Blame Disney for creating such stupid criteria for matchmaking based on medals and base strenght.

My HQ 6 Imperial is a mini with 14k medals and 2 level 1 turrets. I created this base to play Events, not conflicts but I played the past week conflict attacking HQs 5 and getting 240-250 gears per 3 star attacks and got UC on Tatooine -- more because these last conflicts were low gears. With 250 gears per attack I need to attack 4 times in a row while a normal Prestige player can get 1000 gears in one single 3 star attack. For this base, medals don't impact matchmaking too much because is a mini.

My HQ 6 Rebel is a full maxed out base and now has 3k medals. I created this base to play wars, not conflicts or Events, that's why it's maxed out, but if I want to play in PvP all my rivals are HQ 7 and HQ 8 now, what forces me to drop medals to try find HQ 6 again. I get 320-350 gears per 3 star attack (doesn't matter if HQ 7 or HQ 8), and need to attack 3 times in a row to get the same gears that a normal Prestige gets with only one 3 star attack, but fighting bases 1 or 2 levels above mine. For this base, medals impacts matchmaking too much because it's maxed out. I gave up of conflicts.

And both are matched with mini Prestige bases because one has 14k medals and other has high base score. I can win attacks against a mini Prestige with these bases, but who can't, what is left for them in this broken game?

Yes, matchmaking must be HQ lvl based with some bandwidth created by base strength and medals. A prestige with 1 medal shouldn't be matched up to a lvl6 and viceversa. A prestige with 2 turrets should never be matched up with a lvl6 either. At worst with fully developed lvl10s, which can be determined by base score.
A better blame to place though would be the mess the armory made.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#162 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 am

Good lord, I didn't say anything of the sort, and your *conclusions* are not extrapolations of what I said or meant at all. How you could write 3000 words on it, I'll never understand. Match-making is obviously flawed, and designing it so that the mythical "casual" players will be happy at the expense of others will not fix a thing. That is the problem with matchmaking as it is. It is handicapped to help soft players, and it screws everyone else.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#163 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:22 am

First of all, the first things I say when a newbie at HQ 2 or HQ 3 joins my squads is "SWC is not a game for casual players, if you don't play hard on a daily basis for hours, and keep playing harder to win conflicts, objectives and HDs, you're not going anywhere. If you are trying SWC for the firs time and didn't like it, please leave the squad before deleting game from your device to open the spot to other player to join" -- but of course no ones does, and I have to remove one by one in a few days.

And other thing, you need to be a hardcore SW fan to keep playing the game and survive to all frustrations from crashes, bugs, bad development and stupid matchmaking system. If you don't love SW, this is not the game for you.

SWC is not a a game for casual players. This should be wrote in the game description when you are going to install it.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#164 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:28 pm

So I was thinking(do you smell that?!)...

What's more likely:

1. Peace in the middle east

Or

2. The next ice age comes about

Or

3. Honest politicians

Or

4. Zynga fixes CNFO problem

The race is on!
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#165 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:02 pm

mkenobi wrote:First of all, the first things I say when a newbie at HQ 2 or HQ 3 joins my squads is "SWC is not a game for casual players, if you don't play hard on a daily basis for hours, and keep playing harder to win conflicts, objectives and HDs, you're not going anywhere. If you are trying SWC for the firs time and didn't like it, please leave the squad before deleting game from your device to open the spot to other player to join" -- but of course no ones does, and I have to remove one by one in a few days.

And other thing, you need to be a hardcore SW fan to keep playing the game and survive to all frustrations from crashes, bugs, bad development and stupid matchmaking system. If you don't love SW, this is not the game for you.

SWC is not a a game for casual players. This should be wrote in the game description when you are going to install it.

I think that is one of the biggest problems with the game...

I have played several other games that are similar to this and for most of them you can 'casually' put in an hour a day for 2-3 years and get to the top of the game. (And when I say that that is casual, 1 hour per day is actually a lot of time for most people... so it's not really casual) But in this game, that kind f a commitment won't get you anywhere.

I really don't see why frags need to be so rare and why you need to have so many of them... I mean most new units/skins require 40+ UCs to get to Prestige level where each UC requires about 10 hours of grinding and given that the conflicts only come around 2-4 times per year, that's a 40 hour commitment spread over 2-5 years per unit/skin, just to get it up to the level that your base is at...

I really liked this game a lot better back in the days when the Imperial Astromedic Droid was released. The new units only required 32 frags per level and there was 2 weeks of conflicts where the second week was a double frag conflict, you got Event Crates (with frags for the new unit) for Daily Crates and you got Event Crates for Daily Objectives and a dedicated player could get the new unit up to max level in the initial release rather than having to wait years before getting new units to max level. I would love to see a return to that way of doing things!

Another great way to do it would be that once you unlock the new unit/skin you can research it just like a normal unit, without the requirements to get frags, it just costs time. That way you have an objective that required some amount of dedication and effort to unlock it and then it still takes time to get it to max and many player will pay to speed up the research.

This would allow for more causal players to stay in the game because, lets face it, more people can dedicate 1 hour per day than can dedicate 8+ hours per day to a game. But maybe those player do not spend as much though...

But they get people to spend more money by creating artificial impediments to getting to the top and then selling you the the ability to get through those impediments.

LOL, but lets face it, unless you were in the game before the armory came out or your are willing to spend $10,000+ you will never be able to get anywhere close to the top of the game because they continuously release new skins/units that require you to collect more frags and they players that are already there can collect frags faster then any newer players so the gap only continues to widen.

Pirate
Admiral

Post#166 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 pm

CoolGuy wrote:And apparently medal dumping, which totally removes any glory from achieving six UCs every conflict.

Does it though? Isn't getting UCLs simply a measure of time investment? It is only a test of endurance since a great amount of time (or crystals, the reason they shove these shitty conflicts down our throats) is needed to hit the the level of gears to get that 2% mark. And isn't medal dumping the same exercise in time investment? Spend 8 hours dumping medals between conflicts to better your chances of doing well in the next round. Whether the purpose is to avoid CNFO for a max player or avoid high level bases for a lower player, it's just about spending time to get to the goal.

I'm not a medal dropper or an expert conflict grinder but I don't see any problem if that's how people choose to spend their time. I've missed my fair share of UCLs by being just a few gears short (on Tat, the only planet I've ever got UCL thanks to low thresholds and defense wins) but that's on me for not spending more time attacking during the conflict.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#167 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:28 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
mkenobi wrote:First of all, the first things I say when a newbie at HQ 2 or HQ 3 joins my squads is "SWC is not a game for casual players, if you don't play hard on a daily basis for hours, and keep playing harder to win conflicts, objectives and HDs, you're not going anywhere. If you are trying SWC for the firs time and didn't like it, please leave the squad before deleting game from your device to open the spot to other player to join" -- but of course no ones does, and I have to remove one by one in a few days.

I think that is one of the biggest problems with the game...

I have played several other games that are similar to this and for most of them you can 'casually' put in an hour a day for 2-3 years and get to the top of the game. (And when I say that that is casual, 1 hour per day is actually a lot of time for most people... so it's not really casual) But in this game, that kind f a commitment won't get you anywhere.

I really don't see why frags need to be so rare and why you need to have so many of them... I mean most new units/skins require 40+ UCs to get to Prestige level where each UC requires about 10 hours of grinding and given that the conflicts only come around 2-4 times per year, that's a 40 hour commitment spread over 2-5 years per unit/skin, just to get it up to the level that your base is at...

I really liked this game a lot better back in the days when the Imperial Astromedic Droid was released. The new units only required 32 frags per level and there was 2 weeks of conflicts where the second week was a double frag conflict, you got Event Crates (with frags for the new unit) for Daily Crates and you got Event Crates for Daily Objectives and a dedicated player could get the new unit up to max level in the initial release rather than having to wait years before getting new units to max level. I would love to see a return to that way of doing things!

Another great way to do it would be that once you unlock the new unit/skin you can research it just like a normal unit, without the requirements to get frags, it just costs time. That way you have an objective that required some amount of dedication and effort to unlock it and then it still takes time to get it to max and many player will pay to speed up the research.

This would allow for more causal players to stay in the game because, lets face it, more people can dedicate 1 hour per day than can dedicate 8+ hours per day to a game. But maybe those player do not spend as much though...

But they get people to spend more money by creating artificial impediments to getting to the top and then selling you the the ability to get through those impediments.

LOL, but lets face it, unless you were in the game before the armory came out or your are willing to spend $10,000+ you will never be able to get anywhere close to the top of the game because they continuously release new skins/units that require you to collect more frags and they players that are already there can collect frags faster then any newer players so the gap only continues to widen.

There was a time when you could play SWC as a casual player, and that would not really affect your gaming experience, it would only slow your progress in upgrading units and buildings, which was no big deal. After Armory and all those special units introduced with the new films, being a casual player is no longer possible.

We see here players who try to return after months of hiatus and come across a new level (Prestige) and new units, and they could not even get the older units that in theory would give them chances to win and progress in the game now somehow, and this is frustrating.

For these players, Dev bases are fundamental because with them they can try to advance in conflicts and get loot for upgrades - so Dev bases should be available on all planets for all levels of players in both factions.

And Armory should be considered as a matchmaking criterion rather than medals and base strength. Create a basic score for Armory items and look for players with similar scores to be combined. If you do not find anyone available, lower the values ​​until you get a pair, if you still can not find anyone, offer a Dev base.

The current fragment system is abusive. Not for the number of units / items you need to update with just one Research Lab, but the amount of frags you need to collect to upgrade the unit at the highest levels, the time it takes to collect those fragments, the waiting time until that these fragments are available again and the time spent upgrading the unit to that level when you have dozens of other units to upgrade. But this is a discussion for another thread.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#168 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:42 pm

To support casual players: Either factor in armory equipment level for match making, or introducing a planet with no armory.
Otherwise, it’s an arm race and only the most active players win.

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#169 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:41 am

I sort of obsess on this game, but see what others do and it blows me away. I know I'm a casual player for this game. For any other game I'd be a hardcore player. What could they do to keep me? Not make me a beta tester for changes made to the game. Do changes in a closed system, or set up a system by which our base is 'cloned' and let us play that for a bit to test things out. Maybe a beta toggle in settings.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

Return to “General Discussions”