No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SnarfVader
Commander

Re: No more Devs Bases equal to CNFO,the story repeats again

Post#11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 am

DeathStriker wrote:... if there is few or no Opponents available then the Game Server should send you a Dev Base.

The same Server does both... and it is the availablty of Opponents in your PvP MM Pool which determine if you see Dev Bases or Not.

:arrow: It is the "Dev Base Process" which seems to be broken for those Players whom need it to continue attacking.

Definitely not seeing any dev bases today. I just got about 4 CNFO's in a row, then found a player to attack, scanned to the next base, CNFO... then 7 more CNFO's. This is happening regardless of whether I try on my tablet, or from FB gameroom(same account).

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm

strawman3125 wrote:LOL Dev bases are not a problem and the loot that they have is definitely not a problem.

The biggest problem right now is that defense is so overpowered that it is almost impossible to compete for UC attacking most player bases...

To quote Ace Ventura: I had a dog and his name was BINGO!
Former SWC player; base is now a tumbleweed farm and Imperial quintain
[glow=yellow[/glow]

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Spent about 16 hours on Tatt - either CNFO or a circle of about 12 heavily defended Prestige bases that I might have gotten 1 star from if I used my SC and all my airpower. Consequently I slipped out of under 1% UC to over 2%.

I was one of the members calling for the removal of fully loaded dev bases, not all dev bases. This is the first issue, with the second being the broken match-making system. Once again, it should be HQ vs HQ, and medal count shouldn't come into it.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#14 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Spent about 16 hours on Tatt - either CNFO or a circle of about 12 heavily defended Prestige bases that I might have gotten 1 star from if I used my SC and all my airpower. Consequently I slipped out of under 1% UC to over 2%.

I was one of the members calling for the removal of fully loaded dev bases, not all dev bases. This is the first issue, with the second being the broken match-making system. Once again, it should be HQ vs HQ, and medal count shouldn't come into it.

I'm in the same boat with you,was at 2.1% one hour before end on Tat and didn't found any base to attack for over 30 mins, tryied again and again and I only got Cnfo.
Thinking that on 2 star attack,400/500 gears, could get me into UC was really frustrating.
At this point the game is really unplayable....

Gaardian
Commodore

Post#15 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

We had an issue similar to this (but not as bad) during a conflict a couple months ago. They made amends by giving everyone a bonus crate at the reward level one higher than the one you ended up with. Hopefully they will do something again, because that's rough having limited opportunity at high HQ level for 2 days during a conflict.

bob1084
Commodore

Complaining about no dev bases

Post#16 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Complaining about no dev bases

It’s absolutely comical that people complain about hitting fake bases with no sc and no buffs with idiotically overpowered units. Surely this can’t make you feel good, or worse yet good at this game. Every single problem in this game can be attributed to dev bases. One faction gets fed them and gets higher buffs at the offset then somehow still gets fed them to further the frag imbalance. Want to make this game better? Have dev bases with level 10 GR/burst turrets autofilling sc’s and reloading traps. No more free wins with 3/4 loadouts that take 6 min to build. Let the complaining begin after this change. Fix the dev bases, and make matchmaking purely based on hq levels and this game is fine from here on out, except for the idiots that think hitting dev bases is anything more than a button mashing game
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Moved / Merged Topic Post With Another Topic

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Game is broken since the Armory was introduced. All changes in the way to try to fix only leads to more things broken. And now after Prestige, everything is broken, and game is sinking in a lack of sense and fun.

Nerf the Armory as a whole thing so you can use other units and loadout besides jets/jumps. Nerf the GR. Nerf the Turrets as well. Bring game back to offense.

Stop using medals or base strenght to define rivals, and you will kill the sense of continuing to build minis or sandbaggings. Fix the matchmaking to fit with rivals at your level only, or at least 1 level above or 1 level below so you don't have to attack the same 30 rivals all the time, or get into CNFO when those rivals aren't available.

I agree you don't need Dev bases with 300k CB or 2,1 mi credits/alloy, cut the resources in half or 2/3 and it's okay. But don't kill the Dev bases, or you will kill the game. Prestige players need great loot that only Dev bases can give in a easy way.

If Dev bases are no more, you need to attack real bases to loot, and the loot on these bases (assuming you're good enough to deal with Armory and SC and reach the loot) won't be enough for a Prestige turret or high level Droideka upgrading. Many will give up of upgrade their Prestige if they need to loot for hours and hours everytime like it was in the past, and now the costs at Prestige are higher than when we only had Level 10. And when real bases aren't available because they all are under protection, enjoy the CNFO because Dev bases are gone.

And this is the great problem: game is already to much on DEFENSE! In a few weeks, many Prestige players that are finishing upgrade their attack buildings, will start to upgrade their defense buildings... I want to see what most will say when start to see Prestige farms with Level 11 Turrets, Level 11 Shields, and Level 11 Traps...
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Gaardian
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 pm

I don’t think the armory itself broke the game. However some the equipment added was not balanced well and not every basic unit received some sort of equipment which meant only some units are used on offense. All of the equipment needs to be re-evaluated for its strength and purpose. Maybe Zynga is doing this, who knows. But it’s correctable.

Gaardian
Commodore

Re: Complaining about no dev bases

Post#19 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm

3 things need to happen if dev bases are removed.

1 - player resource generators need far higher output at higher levels
2 - CNFO cannot happen
3 - in order for #3 to happen, at a certain point, protection needs to be reduced if the number of available opposing bases are limited

Crankyface
Commander

Post#20 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:25 pm

DarthLazer wrote:So, whats the solution to repair the game, because right now it is broken, regardless of history, knowledge and opinions, I think they need to reduce the loot back to the 8k dev bases use to be and get it back up and running quickly

Solution is pretty simple in the current environment. return the dev bases BUT lower the Loot on these said dev bases. Turn on the Armory buffs, automatically reload SC with troops, and reload traps like it is done in Squad Wars.

No more free rides hitting dev bases. Last conflict i didn't see one dev base and managed to get into UC on Tat just attacking real bases.

too many players still looking for a free ride and their SWC "easy button" to win.

my 2 cents
Cranky
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

Return to “General Discussions”