Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Vilified
Commander
Posts: 28

Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Is there a reason why my daily crate only give 3 rewards now? Why is it we don't recieve samples and discs for the conflict reward during the conflict anymore? It's really disappointing to a higher lvl long time player like me to see the balance tipped towards crystal purchasing. The extra commercial daily crate has been gone for me for quite some time. I thought that I had maxed out on the free crate. But it seems now that every effort applying avenue for advantages is being taken away.
As a prestige player There's not enough time in my life to place top 2%. Last time I did I had to have 60k points. I took the final day off work to get the last 20k when I woke up and was bumped almost out of the 5%.
Build time already kills the fun. Now the stingy dispersal of the extras we've all grown to love is really unfortunately turning me off from the game. Wont even mention how I feel about the movies. Lol
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1316

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 pm

I would speculate that it is by design to encourage us to purchase crates.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 571

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am

I was just recently thinking about this as well. :) I miss the times where conflicts turned the gold objective crates into conflict crates.
I miss the days where the daily crate would turn into an event daily crate.
Daily crates used to give 4 rewards with 1 frag for the new thing. Then they nerfed that to only very extremely rarely give that frag and now they just removed it completely.

It's amazing how many things for the player they kept removing to get to the payer.
Almost like it's a bad idea to keep giving them money.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 917

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:55 am

It's not that long ago you could watch a video for an extra crate.............

Everyone's holding out for these final shambolic disney tournaments to be over with in a week or so... then onto Zynga........

Fingers crossed. But don't hold your breath...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1233

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:I would speculate that it is by design to encourage us to purchase crates.

Yes, they want all Prestige players that now need to max out all Elite Units to Prestige buying crates and not getting those frags for free.

I wish someone from Disney would tell me that all this is not on purpose to kill the game at once when Zynga took control:

MedalGate
Nerfed Daily Crates -- why losing time opening that crap?
Stupid conflicts for useless units or conflicts with units that only interest one faction -- while players of one faction play the game, players of the other faction keep watching the weather...
Events with Special Units without the Special Units in HD/Objective rewards (Undead & Rancors)
Autofill is broken (one of my squads can't get members above 20 members and there many squads in the same situation)
No more Events and no more any chance of getting Elite Units like Ithorians/Kubaz, eATTE, and others if is not buying crates in the Shop.
And what more?

After more than 4 years playing SWC, my patience is finally running out. More 2 weeks and we will know what will come in the Zynga era, and I can decide if it worth to keep playing SWC or if is better go back to play Counter Strike...
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)


User avatar
Itsatrap
Squadron Leader
Posts: 16

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#6 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

mkenobi wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:I would speculate that it is by design to encourage us to purchase crates.

Yes, they want all Prestige players that now need to max out all Elite Units to Prestige buying crates and not getting those frags for free.

I wish someone from Disney would tell me that all this is not on purpose to kill the game at once when Zynga took control:

MedalGate
Nerfed Daily Crates -- why losing time opening that crap?
Stupid conflicts for useless units or conflicts with units that only interest one faction -- while players of one faction play the game, players of the other faction keep watching the weather...
Events with Special Units without the Special Units in HD/Objective rewards (Undead & Rancors)
Autofill is broken (one of my squads can't get members above 20 members and there many squads in the same situation)
No more Events and no more any chance of getting Elite Units like Ithorians/Kubaz, eATTE, and others if is not buying crates in the Shop.
And what more?

After more than 4 years playing SWC, my patience is finally running out. More 2 weeks and we will know what will come in the Zynga era, and I can decide if it worth to keep playing SWC or if is better go back to play Counter Strike...



Grand Admiral mkenobi, you are right and stated all the issues in a nutshell!
I have noticed that the conflicts story telling is incredible poor too. They throw a conflict at us and a day later you get the sample for that unit in your HQ! COME ON PEOPLE! Star Wars is about a great story being unfolded and added to! that's what brought me into this game, it had the essence of the original movies. I hope to see a massive story of a Developer's Note in my inbox in the next month or 2 or them Tuskan heads will begin to roll!
"May the force be with us" - GENERAL ACKBAR


User avatar
Vilified
Commander
Posts: 28

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:20 am

Won't catch me buying a crate ever again. I dont gamble and this system is the same concept. I work for my $ and I want a sure this when spending it.
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 465

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#8 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:06 am

The crates are so not worth it! You would need to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get one thing maxed out! (Because you have to max out all of the other things in the frag pool at the same time...)

Hopefully the new owners add some pay to win options that are affordable. I might be tempted to pay $10-20 to max out a new skin/unit (that was usable in the game), but not $10,000. That's insane!


User avatar
Vilified
Commander
Posts: 28

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#9 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am

Apon further thought the event crates could be worth it if they gave out unit samples per event. The 10 giving out is such a mundane number. I've always save my exotic samples ie Rodarians Tx tanks and such for SqdWars. Especially since they powered up as I did. That to me has always been a sound strong strategic move. Tis a strategy game after all.
Now that I'm finally at the upper tier and my stock pile has all but diminished Having a way to replenishing that via purchasing crates would give me something solid to place my $$ on. Logically purchasing crates in Hope's of achieving something to put in my strategy is a poor strategy if you ask me.
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.


User avatar
Vilified
Commander
Posts: 28

Re: Why are the samples and discs so scarce?

Post#10 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 am

Richaldo wrote:It's not that long ago you could watch a video for an extra crate.............

Everyone's holding out for these final shambolic disney tournaments to be over with in a week or so... then onto Zynga........

Fingers crossed. But don't hold your breath...

Yeah I'm turning blue here. Think my message in a bottle went with the wrong tide:(
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gaardian, ObiWanKenobi2016, Toydarian and 38 guests