Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Phantom7
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 am

Hello,

I stopped playing the game around the time of Rogue One’s release (I think) because my iOS wasn’t up to the game.

I’m on a new iPod Touch now and taking my time building up my credits to upgrade my old army and base.

There are a few things I’m unsure of and I can’t find the answers on google - searching on google lead me here and I remember I had joined back in the old days.

Can I move to any planet I want to at any time? And move back? Is there a cost? I didn’t want to to try in case it used up my credit supply.

What is an “event crate” alert that shows on my shop icon about? I had thought it was a freebie but have opened the shop and nothing free there.

What is in a “premium vehicle crate” ? Again I didn’t want to use 500 of my 800 crystals without being sure I know what is in it?

Is it possible to attack the base of a friend or battles always against random bases?


Killer12673
Captain
Posts: 52

Re: Old soldier returning to battlefield

Post#2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 am

Moving planet to planet doesn't cost any credits at all just have to have so many attack wins in order to move believe it's 10. Once the 10 is filled you can move to another planet.
Squad Name: killer'squad

Main Base: Prestige Killer12673
2nd Base: Level 6 Killer12673_2.0

Squad Level: 47

http://ksod.us/squad/16b2c35e-8dd6-11e5-b1f3-065f74004f1b/members?sort=score&order=desc

Line ID: killer12673


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5102

Re: Old soldier returning to battlefield

Post#3 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:50 am

Phantom7 wrote:Hello,

I stopped playing the game around the time of Rogue One’s release (I think) because my iOS wasn’t up to the game.

I’m on a new iPod Touch now and taking my time building up my credits to upgrade my old army and base.

There are a few things I’m unsure of and I can’t find the answers on google - searching on google lead me here and I remember I had joined back in the old days.

Phantom7 - Welcome back to the game and to this Forum! :D

Phantom7 wrote:Can I move to any planet I want to at any time? And move back? Is there a cost? I didn’t want to to try in case it used up my credit supply.

You can move / relocate to any Planet you have "Unlocked" via the Planetary Command. The "cost" in Relocating to another Planet is:

  1. 10 Stars, earned via PvP Attacks. This amount can be reduced by using Relocation Squad Perks.
  2. Crystals in amounts that vary depending upon how many Stars are left to get before Relocation is allowed.
Phantom7 wrote:What is an “event crate” alert that shows on my shop icon about? I had thought it was a freebie but have opened the shop and nothing free there.

This is as you say merely an Alert that the Shop has an Event Crate (see next answer).

Phantom7 wrote:What is in a “premium vehicle crate” ? Again I didn’t want to use 500 of my 800 crystals without being sure I know what is in it?

The current Premium Vehicle Crate, found in the Shop, is the Event Sales Crate which use to appear as a Icon on your Main Base Screen. The whole Shop was reorganized to split off Crystal Purchases from Treasure (which includes the current Premium Vehicle Crate, Data Fragment Crates, and Resource Purchases), split Turret Structures from "other" Structures, and to add the New Data Fragment Shop which becomes available once you reach HQ 6.

Phantom7 wrote:Is it possible to attack the base of a friend or battles always against random bases?

There is NO WAY to specifically battle the Base of a Friend - UNLESS - that Friend found your Base via PvP Scouting / Matchmaking and did an Attack. If this was the case you might be able to do a REVENGE Attack on your Friends Base provided they are not online or under protection.

ON MAJOR RECENT CHANGE...

In August, 2018, Disney Sold SWC Development to Zygna and as of the release of SWC Version 7.3.0 on January 17, 2019, Zygna / Natural Motion Games officially took over.

PRESTIGE LEVEL

In September 2018, Disney release Version 7.0.0. which introduced the Final Level (coded in game as HQ 11) known as Prestige Level. You will now see reference to Prestige Level Units and Structures with annotations like "HQ 11/P" or "HQ P" or "P-Jets" or something similar.

ALSO SOMETHING ELSE THAT MIGHT BE NEWS TO YOU...

In late 2017, Disney introduced the new SWC Event System in which you do Objectives which when met allowed you do Research (which took time) to get "Event Crates". When you completed the "Main Objective" if their was still time left there was a chance to get "Elite Event Crates" where the best rewards were found.

The last SWC Event ended on August 2, 2018. Everyone is hoping that Zygna will bring SWC Events back in March 2019 (or after) following what is being termed the "Zygna Transitional Conflicts".

IN ADDITION...

There has been lots of changes to the game, too numerous to mention in a single post. If you have any Questions feel free to post below.

Hope this answers your questions...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 909

Re: Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#4 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:18 am

Don't do anything that spends crystals until you fully understand everything again. :)
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1043

Re: Old soldier returning to battlefield

Post#5 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:38 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:Is it possible to attack the base of a friend or battles always against random bases?

There is NO WAY to specifically battle the Base of a Friend - UNLESS - that Friend found your Base via PvP Scouting / Matchmaking and did an Attack. If this was the case you might be able to do a REVENGE Attack on your Friends Base provided they are not online or under protection.

It wouldn't say that there is NO WAY.
It's possible to find your friend base to attack, if your base and your friend base are equivalent in base rating and medal count. i.e. Both you and your friend need to be in the same match making pool.
I've done this before with Dr Pain, and to my IMP squad mate as I was playing dual faction at that time.

Assuming that the bases are equivalent (base rating, medal count):
1. Both players move their bases to the same planet, pick the least populated planet. In the past, I used Yavin. Not sure if this true anymore.
2. One base stays open (need to break protection if the base had suffered recent defense lost). Note that the user needs to log out of the app for at least 4 minutes before the base can be made available for search.
3. The other player simply searches and skips until find the friend base. This may take up to 30-50 skip, depending on the planet population.
4. After you attack the first time and get into the defense log, then the 2 players can revenge each other as often as they wish.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5102

Re: Old soldier returning to battlefield

Post#6 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:44 am

DarkRebel wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:
Phantom7 wrote:Is it possible to attack the base of a friend or battles always against random bases?

There is NO WAY to specifically battle the Base of a Friend - UNLESS - that Friend found your Base via PvP Scouting / Matchmaking and did an Attack. If this was the case you might be able to do a REVENGE Attack on your Friends Base provided they are not online or under protection.

It wouldn't say that there is NO WAY.
It's possible to find your friend base to attack, if your base and your friend base are equivalent in base rating and medal count. i.e. Both you and your friend need to be in the same match making pool. ...

DarkRebel - What you say is true but what I stated is mostly true... there is no way to specifically tell the game to look for and match me with a "specific base"... everyone is left to the randomness of the PvP Matchmaking Algorithm.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Macca
Lieutenant
Posts: 10

Re: Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:31 am

I really wish they would allow you to attack your squad mates - but not to lose or gain loot, just as a means to work on your attacks or defences. I used to play boom beach and that had such a feature


User avatar
ObiTwo
Major General
Posts: 290

Re: Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#8 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm

You will have a lot more luck finding someone if they are not on Tatooine (the most populous planet), both move to an agreed planet and increase your odds that way.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)


Phantom7
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#9 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Thank you to everyone for the input.

The only like button I can. See is a Facebook type button but I don’t do Facebook. Is there another way to like?

I want to upgrade my research facility to level 8. I have enough credits but the upgrade buttons are “greyed out”.

Is this an issue for everyone at the moment?

Or can I only upgrade one building at a time? It is currently working on the headquarters


rebel10
Squadron Leader
Posts: 21

Re: Old Soldier Returning To Battlefield

Post#10 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Phantom7 wrote:Thank you to everyone for the input.

The only like button I can. See is a Facebook type button but I don’t do Facebook. Is there another way to like?

I want to upgrade my research facility to level 8. I have enough credits but the upgrade buttons are “greyed out”.

Is this an issue for everyone at the moment?

Or can I only upgrade one building at a time? It is currently working on the headquarters


Your HQ needs to be level 8 (finished) before you can upgrade other structures to level 8


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], thecursedpit and 35 guests