Zynga - Profit Opportunity - EP Events

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Zynga - Profit Opportunity - EP Events

Post#1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:36 am

@Zynga- Experience Point (EP) events are a great way to improve revenue and customer satisfaction. You will have seen elsewhere on this site that many of your customers would love to see them return.

How much more money is in it for Zynga? Evidence shows they more than double UCL thresholds.

For example: the reward for the conflict ended 27th December was Demolition Droids for the Rebel faction and LIN (the equivalent unit) for the Empire faction. UCL threshold on Tatooine for that week was 21,000 gears.

When that conflict was run a the same time as an EP event (conflict ending 5th September) it was 47,000 gears.*

That's a 223% increase. I'm no Ferengi, but it looks like a significant profit opportunity to me ...

But you must do what you think is right, of course ...
:wink:

*see link here for where I've been logging these stats viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23500&start=20#p91451
Last edited by ObiWanKenobi2016 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Zynga - profit opportunity - EP Events

Post#2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:01 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:@Zynga - Experience Point (EP) events are a great way to improve revenue and customer satisfaction. You will have seen elsewhere on this site that many of your customers would love to see them return.

How much more money is in it for Zynga? Evidence shows they more than double UCL thresholds.

For example: the reward for the conflict ended 27th December was Demolition Droids for the Rebel faction and LIN (the equivalent unit) for the Empire faction. UCL threshold on Tatooine for that week was 21,000 gears.

When that conflict was run a the same time as an EP event (conflict ending 5th September) it was 47,000 gears.*

That's a 223% increase. I'm no Ferengi, but it looks like a significant profit opportunity to me ...

But you must do what you think is right, of course ...
:wink:

*see link here for where I've been logging these stats viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23500&start=20#p91451

Yes, that's a clever point. Bring on the Events.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Re: Zynga - profit opportunity - EP Events

Post#3 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:04 am

CoolGuy wrote:Yes, that's a clever point. Bring on the Events.

It's just good business sense from the Dev's point of view ...
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Zynga- profit opportunity - EP Events

Post#4 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm

This post should have been merged with that one about Events returning. Obvious that Devs read this forum because they would be stupid if they don't, but Disney Devs seem to be stupid anyway, and for them whatever is is good while they can keep players burning money in this game.

What Obi-Wan says about high gears in conflicts during Events running in paralel is true, because if you play the whole week of an Event in only one planet, you finish reaching the top of the board in conflicts due to all attacks you need to do to complete the Event. I lost the sum of how many UCL I had on Tatooine at the last day of an Event week because I was attacking for Event Crates -- and not attacking specifically for the conflict.

And it's obvious that more players will buy crystals during Events. As fast as you complete the Event schedule as fast you get in the Bonus, and they will use more crystals to rush loadouts, researches and jump attacks because they now they will get some imediate reward at least.

I really hope Zynga have smart Devs, real geeks and before being Devs they also are players and SW fans. The only doubt I have, is where far Zynga is allowed to make changes (if they can make changes) in the game. To me, it seems Disney/Lucasfilm still are the developers of SWC, while Zynga/Natural Motion is only the "publisher" and is "overseeing the operation" according to the Developer Notes.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

geoman48
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Let me put my +1 to this thread... so much so that if we don't have something like Event Point system I'm seriously thinking about mothballing this game. I'm already playing basically only squad wars, for 2 bases out of 4. I'd spend money (a modest amount) to bring back the Event Point System!!!!!!!

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:36 pm

+1
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#7 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Slightly off topic, but I am sensing that defense got nerfed a bit. I was just doing objective attacks the last two weeks. No interest in the demo droid conflict. Just jets and 1 lugga on the looting or turret objectives and brute force attacks. No diversions, trapping, didn't care about squad center. Launch and see where it goes. A string of 2 & 3 star wins (80% to 100%), which would not have worked 3 weeks ago against these same Prestige bases. In other words, an attack that a macro/bot could have executed.

Anyone else seeing this?
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spock
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Slightly off topic, but I am sensing that defense got nerfed a bit. I was just doing objective attacks the last two weeks. No interest in the demo droid conflict. Just jets and 1 lugga on the looting or turret objectives and brute force attacks. No diversions, trapping, didn't care about squad center. Launch and see where it goes. A string of 2 & 3 star wins (80% to 100%), which would not have worked 3 weeks ago against these same Prestige bases. In other words, an attack that a macro/bot could have executed.

Anyone else seeing this?

There has been no change in the code relating to this.
Not even a hot fix as Disney literally put the game on autopilot for zynga to get their feet wet and learn the nuts and bolts of their acquisition.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with OVER 1 THOUSAND no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm

Spock wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:Slightly off topic, but I am sensing that defense got nerfed a bit. I was just doing objective attacks the last two weeks. No interest in the demo droid conflict. Just jets and 1 lugga on the looting or turret objectives and brute force attacks. No diversions, trapping, didn't care about squad center. Launch and see where it goes. A string of 2 & 3 star wins (80% to 100%), which would not have worked 3 weeks ago against these same Prestige bases. In other words, an attack that a macro/bot could have executed.

Anyone else seeing this?

There has been no change in the code relating to this.
Not even a hot fix as Disney literally put the game on autopilot for zynga to get their feet wet and learn the nuts and bolts of their acquisition.

That's interesting. I just rolled a Prestige imp base with an old school brute force attack. 18 Gigorans, 2 meds, 3 vans, 2 jets, Elite AT-TE, and dekas. Fang shots to clear a few gr sniper clusters. I did deploy 1 Gigoran as initial bait, and caught the first wave making their way back to the main point of attack. 100% with time to spare. Might just be a lucky run though (e.g. lower armory levels).
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

RossKen
Cadet Trooper

Post#10 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:19 am

Spock wrote:Disney literally put the game on autopilot for zynga to get their feet wet and learn the nuts and bolts of their acquisition.

Is this confirmed by any legit insiders or does the community assume that this is what's going on?

Return to “General Discussions”