Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ii2
Commander

Re: Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

Post#171 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 am

Guys this is a game of competition and the rules are set. I personally don’t have any problems with medal dumpers, crystal buyers, mini bases as long as no cheating involved. Everyone has their unique reason and ways to gain some competitive advantage in the current state of the game; be it more money, more time or more effort. Expecting equality in all aspects of the game defeats the purpose and game dynamics.

geoman48
Major General

Post#172 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 am

Midge wrote:It will still happen. People will just stay at level 6 until they have enough frags for everything.

And, seriously, we can only have same level HQs hitting same levels? Nothing like only hitting the same 14 bases all the time.

All these problems stem from a much greater issue than the algorithm ... the lack of players is the largest issue.

Sandbaggers and even dumbass medal dumpers are so far down the list of problems with the game that prevent it from growing.

Couldn't agree more. This game will always have new players due to Star Wars. However, to keep new players is the challenge. I run a squad that is open to all, and I try to engage newbies, fill their SC, chat em up, put em in squad wars, etc. But the turnover rate for players BEFORE they reach HQ7 with all the prodding I do I typically have to remove at least 5 inactive players a week. Sadly.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#173 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 pm

TNT wrote:Just do 1 HQ lvl above and 1 HQ lvl below and use Basescore, medals and (as lukeskywalker suggest) player rank to fine tune within those boundaries.

Any use of base score and medals in the matchmaking factor solves nothing because it still protects sandbaggers. If you have a sandbagging Prestige base then it should be open to attack by any Prestige player.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#174 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:23 pm

I am actually getting more medal dumpers than real attacks on tat now, so yeah medal dumpers do have a role to play, keeping me in UCL , side note I see rebs on greens get 40/50 Def's in 2 days and I get 8 on sandy planets, so to me this suggests imps much braver than rebs, as rebs take one look at my base and wet their little panties, don't be shy rebs have a go , you might scrape a star and earn some self respect.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#175 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:I am actually getting more medal dumpers than real attacks on tat now, so yeah medal dumpers do have a role to play, keeping me in UCL , side note I see rebs on greens get 40/50 Def's in 2 days and I get 8 on sandy planets, so to me this suggests imps much braver than rebs, as rebs take one look at my base and wet their little panties, don't be shy rebs have a go , you might scrape a star and earn some self respect.

Keep trying to find you, but apparently we are in different medal leagues, which keeps us apart. Obviously this leads back to the flawed matchmaking issue. Should just be HQ vs HQ.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#176 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:54 pm

CoolGuy wrote:
Chaotic999 wrote:I am actually getting more medal dumpers than real attacks on tat now, so yeah medal dumpers do have a role to play, keeping me in UCL , side note I see rebs on greens get 40/50 Def's in 2 days and I get 8 on sandy planets, so to me this suggests imps much braver than rebs, as rebs take one look at my base and wet their little panties, don't be shy rebs have a go , you might scrape a star and earn some self respect.

Keep trying to find you, but apparently we are in different medal leagues, which keeps us apart. Obviously this leads back to the flawed matchmaking issue. Should just be HQ vs HQ.

Well I totally agree, should be HQ v HQ, since I lost my medals I got easy ride for a few weeks, but I made 30k since then and now finding hard nuts again, also I am upgrading turrets I have 7 now at 11, and they give 5 points per upgrade, so I am back in the hard nut pool, but that's what I wanted would be better if I had my hard earned medals with me, I am on tat right now nobody attacking me full vaults , only joking btw, my base can be beat easy but not with jet spam, gotta use a few buffed sharps hails, oppressor to stand of the bursts and some well placed troop killing air, 8 jets max and get inventive , then my base is dust.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Vilified
Commander

Post#177 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 am

I've found that it make no difference how many medals you or your Squad have when it come to WAR matchmaking. Our Squad have had as many as 140k medals(ranked in the top 1500) and still have been matched against squads with 600k+medals(ranked in the top 200) It seems the Hq count you choose determines matches. The more gold bases you choose for WAR the more you face. Rush your base and pray you get matched against another rushed base. Medals are bragging show pieces nothing else. Unless there is some underlying use for them.
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#178 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 am

Since dev bases became wide spread, medals have been meaningless as evidence of a player's skill.

Long, long ago, in a Galaxy not so far away, CNFO problems developed as the number of planets increased.

The dev solution was to provide sample bases, often with Star Wars related names, and turrets and buildings at level 5 or 6. They were available to all levels of players, and could be cleared by L10 players with half load outs or less. It was possible to attack immediately after your first attack, and then within 1 or 2 minutes of all subsequent attacks. Hundreds of commanders racked up huge medal tallies, and UCL thresholds went stratospheric, particularly on green planets (esp Tako, IIRC).

The only limits on how quickly medals were gained was when players ran out of currency to cook more troops (this is before dev bases had maxed resources). At this point, players either bought more resources with real money, or hit well resourced non-dev bases, often without any intent to clear them, just to get their resources so they could go back to hitting dev bases to climb to UCL.

I have no doubt that all maxed out players did this. It was the only way to get UCL, outside of Tatooine.

Maxed out resourced dev bases were introduced in August last year. Depending on the level of your skins, full load outs aren't needed for those either.

It is clear from the differing UCL levels on planets that all players mostly (if not exclusively) hit dev bases very frequently wherever possible, and if they are not doing it now, they have done in the past often extensively.

In 2019, skill in the game is only truly present in no OP Wars and when players try hitting real / dev bases without using any skins at all. No-one's getting UCL or maxed medals (from scratch) with that strategy.

In 2019, high medal scores show longevity, passion and persistence in the game (and the free time to invest in it). That's not to be sniffed at, but it's not a measure of skill.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#179 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:05 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Since dev bases became wide spread, medals have been meaningless as evidence of a player's skill.

Long, long ago, in a Galaxy not so far away, CNFO problems developed as the number of planets increased.

The dev solution was to provide sample bases, often with Star Wars related names, and turrets and buildings at level 5 or 6. They were available to all levels of players, and could be cleared by L10 players with half load outs or less. It was possible to attack immediately after your first attack, and then within 1 or 2 minutes of all subsequent attacks. Hundreds of commanders racked up huge medal tallies, and UCL thresholds went stratospheric, particularly on green planets (esp Tako, IIRC).

The only limits on how quickly medals were gained was when players ran out of currency to cook more troops (this is before dev bases had maxed resources). At this point, players either bought more resources with real money, or hit well resourced non-dev bases, often without any intent to clear them, just to get their resources so they could go back to hitting dev bases to climb to UCL.

I have no doubt that all maxed out players did this. It was the only way to get UCL, outside of Tatooine.

Maxed out resourced dev bases were introduced in August last year. Depending on the level of your skins, full load outs aren't needed for those either.

It is clear from the differing UCL levels on planets that all players mostly (if not exclusively) hit dev bases very frequently wherever possible, and if they are not doing it now, they have done in the past often extensively.

In 2019, skill in the game is only truly present in no OP Wars and when players try hitting real / dev bases without using any skins at all. No-one's getting UCL or maxed medals (from scratch) with that strategy.

In 2019, high medal scores show longevity, passion and persistence in the game (and the free time to invest in it). That's not to be sniffed at, but it's not a measure of skill.

Not true for L8/9 players and perhaps lower.
Playing at high medal count (30k+) at these levels (8/9) is extremely challenging.
Medals is not just attack skill. This is probably the biggest misconception.
Medal count represents = your attack skill + defense skill + base development + troop development + time spent in game (to unlock and level up) + crystals spending.
Medals represent relative ranking in game. (it’s like ksod skill points)
A high medal player has a better chance of winning (offense or defense) than a lower medal player. That’s all. It could be because he has better attack skills, but also because he has better equipment, troops, turrets, base scouting skill, etc ,..

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#180 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm

It appears that Zynga is making changes, which the recent rise in CNFO's seems to be a side effect of that tinkering. I was getting CNFO's all morning on Yavin, with my reb base and all yesterday on Tat with my Imp base. I am seeing more and more Prestige dev bases at even level 7 and definitely a lot at level 8. The changes have been more subtle for my Prestige base. The Prestige bases for my level 7 and 8 bases are fully built out, except for turrets. There's either fewer turrets or lower level turrets, but all structures are prestige, which can take time to hack through with level 7 and 8 units. They also have both deka's, so you need to know how to bait and trap them if you want to 3 star those bases.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”