Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Major General

Re: Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

Post#151 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:41 am

sneakyzapper wrote:It is annoying seeing a unit walk across the field to their death because they are stuck on one target.

A really interesting change would be to have units automatically retarget to whatever the closest thing shooting at them was, or at least to t prioritize it higher, depending on the unit. It's kind of funny to watch units ignoring the fact that they are being shot and killed and do nothing about it.

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#152 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Pure dedication to their target. Blind death march of tunnel vision. Battle droid style.

A change would be interesting for sure.

TNT
Admiral

Post#153 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 am

sneakyzapper wrote:Air is less needed with better gear i've noticed personally. I got 10.5k points on tat on live players with 2 air reloads only yesterday.

Some days it can last all day and not be needed to reload it fully and change worlds for attacks.

It used to be an issue of 1-3 attacks worth now it can last all day on a lucky day.

Prestige with level 10 gear is a big difference. It's helpful for sure.

A lot can be done for sure to change balance. Maybe add more unit frags for different things to keep them competitive and change the jump only focus? More options would be cool.

AT DP skins for faster speed would be nice. 10 speed is useless sadly almost. So many under used units sitting around for so long due to other things getting fragment gear.

Maybe one day all units will have gear to make it more balanced or useful.

I agree. I've rarely been in a battle where air support would swing a loss into a 3* win.
The best I seem to be able to do with it is turn a really big 2* into a narrow 3* or a narrow loss to a 1* win.
If I'm going to lose, then adding air will not make a difference to me.

sneakyzapper wrote:It is annoying seeing a unit walk across the field to their death because they are stuck on one target.

It's worse than that though. They actually target the original targets location, not the actual unit.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#154 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 am

Thats crazy. Going to where it was haha.

That sounds about right. They have the red circle of the target when sent in for unit targeting ai.

Air can help make a 1 star turn into a two for sure if you're just about 50% with the hq.

Its needed for live bases for sure though personally. I avoid using air on dev base attacks unless the live bases are good % wise in a conflict.

Air can help reduce troop training time then slightly if done. Use less units if able then per attack sometimes.

I try to minimize air used in any case to keep sustained attacks going otherwise its a 2 hour re train fully or so when empty. It's nice knowing your units abilities without air too.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#155 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:57 am

TNT wrote:
sneakyzapper wrote:Air is less needed with better gear i've noticed personally. I got 10.5k points on tat on live players with 2 air reloads only yesterday.

Some days it can last all day and not be needed to reload it fully and change worlds for attacks.

It used to be an issue of 1-3 attacks worth now it can last all day on a lucky day.

Prestige with level 10 gear is a big difference. It's helpful for sure.

A lot can be done for sure to change balance. Maybe add more unit frags for different things to keep them competitive and change the jump only focus? More options would be cool.

AT DP skins for faster speed would be nice. 10 speed is useless sadly almost. So many under used units sitting around for so long due to other things getting fragment gear.

Maybe one day all units will have gear to make it more balanced or useful.

I agree. I've rarely been in a battle where air support would swing a loss into a 3* win.
The best I seem to be able to do with it is turn a really big 2* into a narrow 3* or a narrow loss to a 1* win.
If I'm going to lose, then adding air will not make a difference to me.

It's worse than that though. They actually target the original targets location, not the actual unit.

I usually only use heal ships to help with the sonics, but against players I almost always need them... Most player bases seem to have 8+ level 10 sonics and they are usually too deep in the base to trigger them. Even if I can trigger them with kubaz, it takes so long to get to them that they get the second shot off and by then all of my jumps have grouped up and a single shot almost wipes them all out.

EdibleKarlos
Captain

Post#156 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

@TNT tell THISGUY20 i'll be sending the bill to repair my walls to his Sullys :-)
They did O.K., classic Ithor BnK on SC whilst I was 'no-GR' fishing on Dandy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mazkanthea
Officer

Post#157 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Let's be honest here. How many have written to the Dev to fix war MM issues...our old squad had a nice range of player from level 5 to 10 for those level 5s to be constantly matched to 15 level 10s it sucked, the game was no longer fun...nothing has changed and they told me personally this will not change. So If someone has figured out how to get around the the constant losses in war than good on them!
MAZ KANTHEA
AussieDeathSquad
;)

Mazkanthea
Officer

Post#158 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Let's be honest here. How many have written to the Dev to fix war MM. For a long time matches have been unevenly balanced. When in our old squad we had a nice mix of bases each war, from level 5 to 10... to constantly be matched up with 15 level 10s was beyond fair. It made the game not enjoyable any more, suffering loss after loss. The DEV said thats the way it is and will be always as "any matchup was better than none". So we started afresh on a new squad. If someone has figured a way around this obvious flaw then good on them!
MAZ KANTHEA
AussieDeathSquad
;)

Mazkanthea
Officer

Re: What is medal dumping?

Post#159 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm

ImperialDeathStar wrote:Be careful though. Most squads select their war squad by medal ranking. If you have a low medal count it is assumed you are no good, and will therefore not be selected!

Medals are hard to earn, easy to lose!

Additionally, if your PvP is artificially easy you will likely not improve as a player, and will almost certainly get worse. Against a real base of similar strength, say in a war, you will learn to suffer!

Sandbagging is for wimps! Grow a pair and farm medals like you know you should. And besides, Zynga will likely fix the matchmaking to not depend on medals, which currently makes no sense whatsoever. You've been warned!

Let's be honest here. How many have asked the DEV to fix MM issues? I know I have many times.

Our old squad had a nice range of player from level 5 to 10. And to be unfairly matched to 15 level 10 bases was beyond a joke! Wars became a drag and a disappointment, even stopping MM every few hours and trying again a fresh didnt work. So we broke up that squad and started a fresh.

The DEV said they were going to do nothing about it, their reasons "A war match is better than no match".

If someone has figured out how to get around the unfair matching, then good on them!
MAZ KANTHEA
AussieDeathSquad
;)

TNT
Admiral

Post#160 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 am

EdibleKarlos wrote:@TNT tell THISGUY20 i'll be sending the bill to repair my walls to his Sullys :-)
They did O.K., classic Ithor BnK on SC whilst I was 'no-GR' fishing on Dandy.

:lol: I'll pass on the message Karlos.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Return to “General Discussions”