Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Medal Dumping - Discussion Topic

Post#141 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm

You guys kicked our ass in war a few days ago, lol. Was I pissed one of our guys 2-banged Big Worm? Yeah, I was pissed. Did I want to finish Big Worm myself? Fuck yes, I did. Were there other bases I had to hit? Yes. Did I totally fuck up against HitMaN? Yes, I fucked up.

sneakyzapper
Commodore

Post#142 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
sneakyzapper wrote:A max medal player not playing for a year can lose a lot of medals over time and that does not mean anything. They are still whatever skill they are. Just inactivity can reduce their medals.

Actually you do not lose a lot when not playing... I took a 6 month break at the beginning of last year and I lost less than 1000 medals (from 45000). I did not even have any defensive armoury items enabled. The protection prevents you from being attacked too frequently and they take your base out of rotation after 2-3 months.

One of my complaints about the medal system in this game is that it is not autocorrecting. In other games that I play if I collect too many medal (equivalents) and I go above my skill level, I quickly get knocked back down to my skill level, within a few days to a week or two, but in this game it is almost impossible to lose enough medals to get back down to your actual skill level.

I went about 46 weeks without playing my medals went from 64k to almost zero. this was a few years ago though.

I had no defense set though. probably before the armory and gear too i think. It was a free win. It must have just gotten hit a lot over time until it got taken out of rotation maybe. I went years without even trying for a defense layout.

Interesting. info though. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe its not a lot of medals now but it seemed that way then. I didn't dump medals. Never hear of it until recently.

I worked my medals back up from playing over time after that lack of playing.

ImperialDeathStar
Commander

Post#143 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:37 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Yep, we need the pendulum to swing back to the offense side ...
The defensive players have had their run long enough. Now we want them to hide :)
Too many bases with flashing barracks (deeply buried inside base), and flashing bursts. I am sure the best players can beat them but likely need a good load of air and SC drop. The game should allow average attacking player to beat average player base.

I am not objecting against the burst multiplier against jumps/jets swarm, but give us something good to defeat bursts.

At the same time though, medals should be factored in a lot less than they are today. We don't want L8-9 with 10K-30K medals having to face L10-P bases either. Skill can't compensate for the big gap in base rating.

Couldn't disagree more!! The balance is completely stacked in favour of offense already! Guard reserve troops are low level and can easily be dealt with. Buffed bursts are no big deal. What needs to change is the matchmaking system. I don't mind smashing prestige opponents when I am level 8 (and believe me I have absolutely no trouble doing so), but I do mind getting attacked by them. It's not fair that the game permits being attacked by higher level players because they medal dump or lack skill, or both (likely).

Medal dumping is a form of cheating and needs to be disincentivised by fixing the stupid matchmaking system so it's completely independent of both medals and base strength.

I have about 15,000 medals and am level 8. I lost medals in medalgate so should be nearly 20,000. I am routinely matched with prestige and level 10 but can easily smash them in offence, not defence.

TNT
Admiral

Post#144 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 am

ImperialDeathStar wrote:Couldn't disagree more!! The balance is completely stacked in favour of offense already! Guard reserve troops are low level and can easily be dealt with. Buffed bursts are no big deal. What needs to change is the matchmaking system. I don't mind smashing prestige opponents when I am level 8 (and believe me I have absolutely no trouble doing so), but I do mind getting attacked by them. It's not fair that the game permits being attacked by higher level players because they medal dump or lack skill, or both (likely).

Medal dumping is a form of cheating and needs to be disincentivised by fixing the stupid matchmaking system so it's completely independent of both medals and base strength.

I have about 15,000 medals and am level 8. I lost medals in medalgate so should be nearly 20,000. I am routinely matched with prestige and level 10 but can easily smash them in offence, not defence.

I hope you don't see this as me attacking your skill, because I'm not. But I would really like to see the types of bases you're facing.
In my experience, No lvl8 has ever made a dent in back when I was lvl9 base since advent of GR. So the idea of a lvl8 attacking a proper lvl10 and 3 starring him is hard for me to believe.

I'm not sure if I completely agree with the premise that they need to make attacking easier again.
I feel like just focusing on making all the other units viable again would be more than enough because that would make going with 1 type of turret and 2 types of GR nonviable again.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Is what I would say, but we're almost full at the moment. :) A big happy family. If you are interested in joining you're more than welcome to drop by as long as we still have room.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#145 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:32 am

ImperialDeathStar wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Yep, we need the pendulum to swing back to the offense side ...
The defensive players have had their run long enough. Now we want them to hide :)
Too many bases with flashing barracks (deeply buried inside base), and flashing bursts. I am sure the best players can beat them but likely need a good load of air and SC drop. The game should allow average attacking player to beat average player base.

I am not objecting against the burst multiplier against jumps/jets swarm, but give us something good to defeat bursts.

At the same time though, medals should be factored in a lot less than they are today. We don't want L8-9 with 10K-30K medals having to face L10-P bases either. Skill can't compensate for the big gap in base rating.

Couldn't disagree more!! The balance is completely stacked in favour of offense already! Guard reserve troops are low level and can easily be dealt with. Buffed bursts are no big deal. What needs to change is the matchmaking system. I don't mind smashing prestige opponents when I am level 8 (and believe me I have absolutely no trouble doing so), but I do mind getting attacked by them. It's not fair that the game permits being attacked by higher level players because they medal dump or lack skill, or both (likely).

Assuming that your base is not a 'sandbagged' base then your experience sounds vastly different from most players. It sounds like you might be one of the 'one percenters' as far as skill goes and you might never find anything in this game challenging. So, continue to enjoy your easy 5 Ultra Chrome conflict rewards in every conflict!

I would love to see some replay logs of you attacking an HQ 10 or P base with 12-14 glowing level 10 bursts, 8 level 10 sonics and glowing barracks plus squad center! Now that would be a work of art! (That is what my HQ8 faces at 5,000 medals.)

strawman3125
Major General

Post#146 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:43 am

TNT wrote:I'm not sure if I completely agree with the premise that they need to make attacking easier again.
I feel like just focusing on making all the other units viable again would be more than enough because that would make going with 1 type of turret and 2 types of GR nonviable again.

They can restore balance to the force in a number of ways, nerfing some units and improving others! Changing the unit capacities of units and transports, etc. I would love to see them focus on making more units and strategies viable! There are far too many units that never get used... and jets/jumps have been in everyones transports for the last 2 years or so.

One thing that I would love to see is for them to bring the cook time of air support down so that you can use it in every attack rather than having to wait 1-2 hours for it. I think if they divided the current cook times by about 10 it would work!

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#147 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:31 am

strawman3125 wrote:
TNT wrote:I'm not sure if I completely agree with the premise that they need to make attacking easier again.

They can restore balance to the force in a number of ways, nerfing some units and improving others! Changing the unit capacities of units and transports, etc. I would love to see them focus on making more units and strategies viable! There are far too many units that never get used... and jets/jumps have been in everyones transports for the last 2 years or so.

One thing that I would love to see is for them to bring the cook time of air support down so that you can use it in every attack rather than having to wait 1-2 hours for it. I think if they divided the current cook times by about 10 it would work!

I agree with the comments, and I would add rethinking the range of certain units and turrets, but I don't think the starship cook times will drop. This is probably a money maker for them. Any adjustment here, would need to be offset somewhere else I suspect.

Edit: I would also rethink any buffs/skins introduced. It needs to make sense. A 100% buff is sure to cause game balance issues and a drastic rethinking of game play. Buffs/skins if well thought out, should introduce small shifts in strategies and not massive over compensation.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

sneakyzapper
Commodore

Post#148 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Air is less needed with better gear i've noticed personally. I got 10.5k points on tat on live players with 2 air reloads only yesterday.

Some days it can last all day and not be needed to reload it fully and change worlds for attacks.

It used to be an issue of 1-3 attacks worth now it can last all day on a lucky day.

Prestige with level 10 gear is a big difference. It's helpful for sure.

A lot can be done for sure to change balance. Maybe add more unit frags for different things to keep them competitive and change the jump only focus? More options would be cool.

AT DP skins for faster speed would be nice. 10 speed is useless sadly almost. So many under used units sitting around for so long due to other things getting fragment gear.

Maybe one day all units will have gear to make it more balanced or useful.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#149 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:21 am

sneakyzapper wrote:Air is less needed with better gear i've noticed personally. I got 10.5k points on tat on live players with 2 air reloads only yesterday.

Some days it can last all day and not be needed to reload it fully and change worlds for attacks.

It used to be an issue of 1-3 attacks worth now it can last all day on a lucky day.

A lot can be done for sure to change balance. Maybe add more unit frags for different things to keep them competitive and change the jump only focus? More options would be cool.

AT DP skins for faster speed would be nice. 10 speed is useless sadly almost. So many under used units sitting around for so long due to other things getting fragment gear.

I am sure that having gear at level 10 reduces the requirements for air support but until then, it is helpful. Unfortunately the only way to get jets/jumps to level 10 is to continue to grind out the HDs and daily objectives, for the next 2-3 years...

Tweaks on speed for MHC or better yet the AI, would make it more useful, as it is now it spends most of the battle dancing instead of shooting while things are in range and then it never catches up to whatever it is fighting with (jumps) and usually never gets a shot off.

sneakyzapper
Commodore

Post#150 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:18 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
sneakyzapper wrote:Air is less needed with better gear i've noticed personally. I got 10.5k points on tat on live players with 2 air reloads only yesterday.

I am sure that having gear at level 10 reduces the requirements for air support but until then, it is helpful. Unfortunately the only way to get jets/jumps to level 10 is to continue to grind out the HDs and daily objectives, for the next 2-3 years...

Tweaks on speed for MHC or better yet the AI, would make it more useful, as it is now it spends most of the battle dancing instead of shooting while things are in range and then it never catches up to whatever it is fighting with (jumps) and usually never gets a shot off.

Good luck with your frag collecting.

MHC's are not leveled up for me at all honestly. They are level 6 for me.

I only use them for daily obj's to get samples since the frags are maxed on them. Eventually things will just give samples or resources when you are maxed out.

It should not take more than 1-2 years hopefully to collect depending on pacing of crate collections.

Hopefully less though..

Hd, and daily objectives for sure help. Conflicts give some too at least. Squad wars give rewards too. Few ways to get things at least. Slow process for sure in any case.

A lot of units should have their speed re done or balanced on target selections I think. AI would be cool too for a change.

It is annoying seeing a unit walk across the field to their death because they are stuck on one target.

Return to “General Discussions”