Should I stick at lower lvl

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SleeperSim12
Commodore

Should I stick at lower lvl

Post#1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:04 am

I have 4 bases (one of which has been permanently shut down), so Now I run 2 imperials (lvl 7, lvl 8) and a 1 rebel lvl 4.

The rebel lvl 4 base was created when the rancor conflicts returned this time (before Xmas). I have kept it at lvl 4 for some time. The base gets up to top 5% easy with 30-40 attacks on tat. with major funder being a ton of defensive wins (sitting at 70 now). I was wondering whether or not I should upgrade my base or just keep it at lvl 4. It has 2.5K medals.

Any suggestions ? (It is a mini, only 2 lvl 1 turrets, 1 lvl 4 shield, 1 alloy refinery + credit market lvl 1, 2 transports lvl 4, 3 barracks lvl 4 + SC lvl 4 + factory + hero command lvl 4)
Bla bla bla. Just another player with wayyyy tooo manyyy accounts.

DeathStriker

Re: Should I stick at lower lvl

Post#2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 am

SleeperSim12 wrote:I have 4 bases (one of which has been permanently shut down), so Now I run 2 imperials (lvl 7, lvl 8) and a 1 rebel lvl 4.

The rebel lvl 4 base was created when the rancor conflicts returned this time (before Xmas). I have kept it at lvl 4 for some time. The base gets up to top 5% easy with 30-40 attacks on tat. with major funder being a ton of defensive wins (sitting at 70 now). I was wondering whether or not I should upgrade my base or just keep it at lvl 4. It has 2.5K medals.

Any suggestions ? (It is a mini, only 2 lvl 1 turrets, 1 lvl 4 shield, 1 alloy refinery + credit market lvl 1, 2 transports lvl 4, 3 barracks lvl 4 + SC lvl 4 + factory + hero command lvl 4)

SleeperSim12 - Recommend you Upgrade to HQ 5 as it won't change much.

• At HQ 5 you get the Planetary Command which will allow you access to one more Planet.
  • Being HQ 5, should SWC Events return and stay similar as before, gave you the easiest EP Requirements.
  • As a HQ 5 you won't see any HQ 7+ Commanders attack you.
  • Overall as a Mini you will still be able to compete in PvP Conflicts so no change there.
Just my thoughts... You are free to choose your own path to success...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

SleeperSim12
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 am

DeathStriker wrote:
SleeperSim12 wrote:...

SleeperSim12 - Recommend you Upgrade to HQ 5 as it won't change much.

• At HQ 5 you get the Planetary Command which will allow you access to one more Planet.
  • Being HQ 5, should SWC Events return and stay similar as before, gave you the easiest EP Requirements.
  • As a HQ 5 you won't see any HQ 7+ Commanders attack you.
  • Overall as a Mini you will still be able to compete in PvP Conflicts so no change there.
Just my thoughts... You are free to choose your own path to success...

OK. Thanks a lot. Will follow this advice :)
Bla bla bla. Just another player with wayyyy tooo manyyy accounts.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:44 am

I would upgrade the mini. I have a level 11 mini (imp), and it is a great time to have one. Loot is incredibly easy to get. I keep it at one medal. It get attacked maybe once a week, and rarely gets over 5% damage in a defense. I've lost two defenses since I unlocked GR a little over a year ago. I can cook prestige snipers; I keep it stocked with them and donate to my squad and my main account.

I win about 95% of my hd's; occasionally the twyleks go crazy and get me, lol.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 am

DS suggestion of a new planet to go to HQ 5 is a valid point, but I agree with Boog. If your base is a mini, I don't see why not upgrading it at least to HQ 6 -- if you aren't going to build traps or turrets and shields, and resources aren't a problem now, you can let all your generators at low level and foccus only in your attack and collect Armory frags, and soon you will max out your attack and have a powerful Armory.

I have a mini Imperial, and it's HQ 6. It is too easy win any heroic defense and Objectives are fast to complete, what means 9 Bronzium crates everyday to improve Armory. Keep medals as low as possible and you will be in the SWC matchmaking heaven when playing conflicts.

I created this mini to play Events and get fast to HQ 8 to donate Snipers and Jumps to my Prestige, but as we don't have more Events and my Prestige is rarely attacked, I'm no longer interested in upgrade it but in keeping it at HQ 6 only to collect Armory and Elite frags.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm

It depends on what you are using those bases for. I would suggest get them to level 5 at a minimum. At level 5 there's the benefits DS mentions, and I also have noticed a huge jump in resources at level 5. At level 4, my brother and I were getting 4K-5K in credits and alloy, with an occasional base at a little over 10K. At level 5 we were routinely seeing 50K to 250K in resources, and occasionally seeing 1M+.

My brother and I have four mini bases we are setting up. I can see keeping a base at level 5-6 if you have a deep squad and want to occasionally set up wars for level 4's to 8's. That low level base would help keep the war matchups fair, yet can help with outposts at lower levels. We sometimes show what a level 6 can do with Tako and Tat for the newbies who are intimidated by higher level bases. We also know what happens when you add a Prestige base or two, to the mix in war lineups, as they sometimes trigger a matchup with a squad loaded with Prestige bases. So keeping a base under level 8 has some merit.

Our approach is to get one base in each faction to level 8 (one just finished), that has 3 turrets. We get Luke and Vader for the rebel and imperial bases respectively, and we also get jets/jumps for Tako in wars. The other two bases we will push up to level 10 or Prestige. Those bases will help with churning out level 10 or Prestige Jets/Jumps for Tako wars and Vehicles for Tat wars, and serve as feeders, so the other players can focus on attacks and outposts. Both scenarios will allow us to be competitive in conflicts too. We will most likely keep the turret count at 3, which seems to work best, as long as you get the reserve guard going along with solid sc troops. Our level 8 base is 100 percenting all bases attacked with 1-4 jets, getting resources for troop upgrades, and will most likely get 2-3 UC's with reasonable effort. Almost no wait time between attacks, no air power needed, etc.

We have 2 of each faction, so 2 level 8's and 2 Prestige bases, with one in each faction. It's possible we push the 8 to level 9, because of the Oppressor, but more likely we keep it at level 8.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm

mkenobi has a very valid point regarding level 6. Extra planet, etc. It also qualifies you for frags and unlocks for special units vs. just chasing samples in conflicts.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:04 pm

The OP already has multiple bases at higher level. He should be able to dertermine for himself what kind of gaming experience he wants to have. It’s not like it’s his first ever base.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm

DarkRebel,

True, but he did ask for opinions. It might just be that it's been a while since he's had a level 4 base. Things have changed since my first base, so the new bases my brother and I have set up, are on a different path than our Prestige bases. Different reasons for having them too. In our case, the two rebel bases for war support and the Imperial bases for experimenting and for the attack replays from other rebel players. We might get some new ideas that we can share with our level 4's through 8's. What wasn't clear is what Sleeper's goal is for his mini bases.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Return to “General Discussions”