disable auto timeout fb gameroom

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
gomi
Storm Trooper

disable auto timeout fb gameroom

Post#1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:17 am

Hi,

does anybody know a way to disable the timeout protection in gameroom?

Chaotic999
Commodore

Re: disable auto timeout fb gameroom

Post#2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:57 am

I have never seen Gameroom time out, but if you mean swc timing out then no, you cant disable it. It kicks in after 5 mins of inactivity to stop players hiding from being attacked and to reduce cnfo so other players can enjoy the game, although there is a very easy way round it but some think of it as cheating (I don't). Not sure why anyone would want protection now, as big loot is very easily available on dev bases. Last night a half a brain reb attacked me with 2 a-wings and sniped my CB with 2 x-wings then quit, all he got was 40k CB, next attack I did I got 304k cb off a dev base so no need for protection or to stay online imo. sorry waffling.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

gomi
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 am

i'd like to disable it not for being attacked but for avoid reloading. But yes, this is a right thing anyway. Didn't mind that

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 am

gomi wrote:i'd like to disable it not for being attacked but for avoid reloading. But yes, this is a right thing anyway. Didn't mind that

Yeah I understand its a pain to reload if you get distracted or pop to the toilet whatever, I use an auto mouse clicker on the screen, just set a hot key to turn on and off when needed, but if you leave it too long your pc/laptop can run very hot well mine does anyway.
Auto clicker by shocker very simple virus free, but scan it if you download it to be sure.
Now I wait for the cheat police to arrest me.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

erfs
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:08 am

Why else do you want to disable auto time out except to avoid being attacked.

I can understand this - when you are finally sitting on enough CB, alloy... to do that expensive upgrade but no droid is available at that moment. Still do not condone it as it is unfair to the players you get the loot from in the first place. Also allows to build extremely weak bases (as far as defense is concerned) without the risk of losing medals when being attacked.

Note: I use FB gameroom as well but reloading the game after a time out is not really an issue - it's a single click and if I am away then I don't really need it running...

gomi
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:36 am

erfs wrote:Why else do you want to disable auto time out except to avoid being attacked.

I can understand this - when you are finally sitting on enough CB, alloy... to do that expensive upgrade but no droid is available at that moment. Still do not condone it as it is unfair to the players you get the loot from in the first place. Also allows to build extremely weak bases (as far as defense is concerned) without the risk of losing medals when being attacked.

Note: I use FB gameroom as well but reloading the game after a time out is not really an issue - it's a single click and if I am away then I don't really need it running...

I assure you it's for that. Also i'm not afraid to be attacked by other player since i win almost all defence battles, thanks also to my team mates

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am

gomi wrote:I assure you it's for that. Also i'm not afraid to be attacked by other player since i win almost all defence battles, thanks also to my team mates

Haha, somebody please end this BS, many players quit playing this game because of this. DS, are you reading this?

ForceMel
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:I have never seen Gameroom time out, but if you mean swc timing out then no, you cant disable it. It kicks in after 5 mins of inactivity to stop players hiding from being attacked and to reduce cnfo so other players can enjoy the game, although there is a very easy way round it but some think of it as cheating (I don't). Not sure why anyone would want protection now, as big loot is very easily available on dev bases. Last night a half a brain reb attacked me with 2 a-wings and sniped my CB with 2 x-wings then quit, all he got was 40k CB, next attack I did I got 304k cb off a dev base so no need for protection or to stay online imo. sorry waffling.

I saw your base on ErKit last night, and thought... why attack that base when I can hit a dev base for much more lol. On your other points, I pretty much agree. At this point though, I rarely get attacked anymore, so there REALLY doesn't seem to be any point in using a program to keep yourself active.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#9 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:52 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:
gomi wrote:i'd like to disable it not for being attacked but for avoid reloading. But yes, this is a right thing anyway. Didn't mind that

Yeah I understand its a pain to reload if you get distracted or pop to the toilet whatever, I use an auto mouse clicker on the screen, just set a hot key to turn on and off when needed, but if you leave it too long your pc/laptop can run very hot well mine does anyway.
Auto clicker by shocker very simple virus free, but scan it if you download it to be sure.
Now I wait for the cheat police to arrest me.

Get a laptop cooler. They cost anywhere from $15 up, and they work very well. It's just a couple fans that blow air on the bottom, but they do work amazingly well.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Sometimes if you just close your laptop or put it to sleep while the game is loaded, it doesn't time out. It is far from 100%, but I've put it down for a couple hours, come back, and been surprised to see it still loaded. It really doesn't matter now, though. I've been on Tako since the astromedic conflict ended, and haven't been attacked once. Even during the atromedic conflict, I was on Tat and wasn't attacked nearly as often as I was as recently as a month or two ago. I had one or two overnights where I was not attacked at all.

Return to “General Discussions”