GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Guard Reserve #2 - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5774

GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Guard Reserve #2 - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Galactic Conflict - New Guard Reserve #2

:arrow: This will be similar to #1 posted here.

Conflict Schedule

  • Conflict Bronzium league or better awards event Data Fragments

  • 1/3 to 1/9, all planets:

    • HQ 5 and below

      • Rebel Vanguard (Unit)
      • Empire Shock Trooper (Unit)
    • HQ 6 and above

      • Rebel Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Barracks Eqp)
      • Empire Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle (Barracks Eqp)
  • 1/10 to 1/16, all planets:

    • HQ 5 and below

      • Rebel Iakaru Warrior (Unit)
      • Empire IG-86 Assassin Droid (Unit)
    • HQ 6 and above

      • Rebel Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Barracks Eqp)
      • Empire Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle (Barracks Eqp)
Guard Reserve Equipment

  • Rebel Barracks

    • Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry - Each Barracks summons guard waves of 1 Marksman
  • Empire Barracks:

    • Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle - Each Barracks summons guard waves of 1 Shock Trooper
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reformatted To Improve Readability and Understanding
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


SleeperSim12
Commodore
Posts: 140

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Are we going to get that trash GR again ? (speaking from imp side), rebels horray for you !!!
Bla bla bla. Just another player with wayyyy tooo manyyy accounts.


User avatar
Trammel
Captain
Posts: 50

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Happier with the Light Infantry GR because it seems to take an attacker more time to kill 12 infantrymen than 4 shock troopers. On attack for Empire, an EAT-AT would waste more time picking off GR Light Infantry who need to walk up closer to shoot, compared to a GR Vanguard who would fire from behind a building and thus enabling the EAT-AT to destroy that building first.


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 606

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:41 am

HAHAAHAHAHAHA! Gotta keep digging that hole deeper!
I see responses from Imps getting fed up attacking and getting killed by Rebels snipers and searching out dev bases instead. (welcome to what rebels have been saying since it's conception)
So let's have Rebels lvl it up some more.

Based on this event already being rescheduled I assume rebel activity rose quite nicely in the previous month. I expect to see this reflected in the KSOD figures.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


User avatar
sneakyzapper
Major General
Posts: 375

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#5 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:11 am

Imp side = shock troopers again right?

Have those at lvl 6 from the conflicts. They are cool. Will go for more then for sure if able. Rebels must be happy with their snipers. More stuff to burn alive haha.


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 627

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#6 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:13 am

TNT wrote:HAHAAHAHAHAHA! Gotta keep digging that hole deeper!
I see responses from Imps getting fed up attacking and getting killed by Rebels snipers and searching out dev bases instead. (welcome to what rebels have been saying since it's conception)
So let's have Rebels lvl it up some more.

Based on this event already being rescheduled I assume rebel activity rose quite nicely in the previous month. I expect to see this reflected in the KSOD figures.


LOL I can't believe that people are still complaining about GR sharpie!

I'm a logical person and when I see that something is broken the first thing that I try to fix is the thing that is contributing most to the problem. Right now the problem is that defense strength is overpowered compared to attack strength. When I look at the countless defense logs and watch my attacks this is the order of damage cause by defensive structures/units
1. sonics
2. glowing bursts
3. SC troops (jets/jumps or snipers/sharpies.)
4. GR sniper/sharpie

#1&2 combined accounts for about 85% damage
#3 accounts for about 10% damage
#4 accounts for 5% damage

Maybe it's just me but I have never once seen a battle where GR sniper killed more enemy jets than my sonics or bursts did...

If the defensive imbalance were to be addressed by nerfing one of these things I would much prefer that they nerfed one of the top two on the list before the last one on the list. More bang for your buck!


EdibleKarlos
Commodore
Posts: 107

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#7 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 am

strawman3125 wrote:LOL I can't believe that people are still complaining about GR sharpie!

I'm a logical person and when I see that something is broken the first thing that I try to fix is the thing that is contributing most to the problem. Right now the problem is that defense strength is overpowered compared to attack strength. When I look at the countless defense logs and watch my attacks this is the order of damage cause by defensive structures/units
1. sonics
2. glowing bursts
3. SC troops (jets/jumps or snipers/sharpies.)
4. GR sniper/sharpie

#1&2 combined accounts for about 85% damage
#3 accounts for about 10% damage
#4 accounts for 5% damage

Maybe it's just me but I have never once seen a battle where GR sniper killed more enemy jets than my sonics or bursts did...

If the defensive imbalance were to be addressed by nerfing one of these things I would much prefer that they nerfed one of the top two on the list before the last one on the list. More bang for your buck!


Completely agree, even when bursts aint glowing they soon waste several jets. when glowing, jet steamrolls are hilarious to watch for the 20 seconds it lasts for. Since the nerf to bursts I have seen a decline in jet steamrolls on me, and the more succesfull attacks have been with a good mixture of loadout, which is a good thing. snipe GR can be a pain at times, but only if they are under a shield. They do little damage compared to SC n turrets, but as they keep spawning they can soon become a problem (especially with the Rebs higher spawn rate). Ive found the hardest combo is infantry / banthas mixed with the snip GR (especially when stuck under a shield). with just snip GR, they are easy to counter with a cluster of hev's n med with a couple of snips / rods.

On the plus side, shock GR + lin bot + atst skins does mean 6 weeks holiday. will be cancelling Christmas though as I do need to work on Vader n med's


User avatar
Chaotic999
Commodore
Posts: 211

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#8 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:46 am

It's made zero difference to my attacks, rebs having sniper gr. Lure out, nuke em, simple. Not sure why some imps are struggling with them, my last 20 attacks are all real bases on erkit who had sniper gr, I 3 stared every one of them apart from 2, although some did not have sully skin on, not that it would've made any difference to me:-)
Anyway shock trooper gr, not interested.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 606

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#9 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:28 am

strawman3125 wrote:LOL I can't believe that people are still complaining about GR sharpie!

I'm a logical person and when I see that something is broken the first thing that I try to fix is the thing that is contributing most to the problem. Right now the problem is that defense strength is overpowered compared to attack strength. When I look at the countless defense logs and watch my attacks this is the order of damage cause by defensive structures/units
1. sonics
2. glowing bursts
3. SC troops (jets/jumps or snipers/sharpies.)
4. GR sniper/sharpie

#1&2 combined accounts for about 85% damage
#3 accounts for about 10% damage
#4 accounts for 5% damage

Maybe it's just me but I have never once seen a battle where GR sniper killed more enemy jets than my sonics or bursts did...

If the defensive imbalance were to be addressed by nerfing one of these things I would much prefer that they nerfed one of the top two on the list before the last one on the list. More bang for your buck!


Your logic is sound and I don't disagree with this. I also don't have spreadsheets where I keep tallies with the damage percentages as you have. However I will point out some other things to add to the equation.

Sonics were always strong, but their huge power (2 lvl10 sonic blasts do 98% of HP!) is offset by having to recharge. While sonic farms used to be possible, they had a pretty big weakness that you could exploit.
However, rapidly spawning GR has given the sonics a pretty big indirect buff.
I've found that sonic farms have gotten better at stopping my attacks as units get bogged down giving time for the sonics to recharge. In addition, the 98% damage means a single shot from a sniper or a few shots from anything else will drop the unit.
I usually tend to focus on what caused the original problem to solve a problem instead of finding a more novel way of solving the problem. In this case, I would suggest nerfing the GR, but you could also, as you rightly suggest, nerf the Sonics to make room for the current GR. A valid point.


It's a big interactive puzzle that's going on because everything influences the other options.


Buffed bursts do good damage, however they're massively deadly because of the buff against jets and the buff against bruisers (such as the TX).
Bursts however have always been the second most damaging turret. So why weren't burst farms a thing before?
Their weakness to keep them in check was their range. You couldn't go with just bursts or a sonic burst farm in the past because the long range HMC/Hails would slaughter an unprepared base.
However above a certain lvl HMC/Hails have stopped being used completely despite being the perfect hard counter to bursts.
Why? For the empire the HMC is too slow. The units that need to do clear the way are quickly killed by a combination of GR and turrets after which the GR makes quick work of the HMC. For Rebels, while hails are fast enough to keep up, they're too fragile and even a stray bomber run from a Rodian will kill it. Let alone any other GR.

So what about the heavy medic combo? Heavies can survive a burst from the burst turret and get healed back up, but it's also failing as Sniper/SS GR slowly whittles it down from a safe distance or finishes the heavy after the bursts have had their say.
The difference is huge. Recent trooper only attacks barely get 30% against my base since the unlock of the SS GR. And that's without even getting near the SC. Before the SS they would get to around 40-60 and the SC would spring into action to save my base.
I recently barely lost a defense (53%!) after someone sniped my SC as his units struggled to get past my flesh walls as the sullustans slowly whittled his units down.

You can either buff the HMC/Hail or Nerf the GR allowing more other units back. They might see more usage again when they get buffed.
Personally, I would start by disabling the skins on GR and see what that does.


EdibleKarlos wrote:Completely agree, even when bursts aint glowing they soon waste several jets. when glowing, jet steamrolls are hilarious to watch for the 20 seconds it lasts for. Since the nerf to bursts I have seen a decline in jet steamrolls on me, and the more succesfull attacks have been with a good mixture of loadout, which is a good thing. snipe GR can be a pain at times, but only if they are under a shield. They do little damage compared to SC n turrets, but as they keep spawning they can soon become a problem (especially with the Rebs higher spawn rate). Ive found the hardest combo is infantry / banthas mixed with the snip GR (especially when stuck under a shield). with just snip GR, they are easy to counter with a cluster of hev's n med with a couple of snips / rods.

On the plus side, shock GR + lin bot + atst skins does mean 6 weeks holiday. will be cancelling Christmas though as I do need to work on Vader n med's

Chaotic999 wrote:It's made zero difference to my attacks, rebs having sniper gr. Lure out, nuke em, simple. Not sure why some imps are struggling with them, my last 20 attacks are all real bases on erkit who had sniper gr, I 3 stared every one of them apart from 2, although some did not have sully skin on, not that it would've made any difference to me:-)
Anyway shock trooper gr, not interested.


Truthfully, at this point I find it just silly to argue against the notion that SS/S GR is OP.
One only has to look at the recent leaderboards since the introduction of the SS GR to get all the proof he or she needs regarding their power.
Dandoran leaderboard belongs to the rebels. Yavin gets a sudden 50/50 split and a third of the Tako leaderboard are rebels. A huge amount of their points coming from defense wins.
Can you explain that for me without pointing at the SSS GR?



But I am of the opinion that all GR is in need of a nerf or all other units are in need of a buff (except jets, nerf those things after the rest is buffed).
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


EdibleKarlos
Commodore
Posts: 107

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Guard Reserve Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#10 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am

TNT wrote:Truthfully, at this point I find it just silly to argue against the notion that SS/S GR is OP.
One only has to look at the recent leaderboards since the introduction of the SS GR to get all the proof he or she needs regarding their power.
Dandoran leaderboard belongs to the rebels. Yavin gets a sudden 50/50 split and a third of the Tako leaderboard are rebels. A huge amount of their points coming from defense wins.
Can you explain that for me without pointing at the SSS GR?



But I am of the opinion that all GR is in need of a nerf or all other units are in need of a buff (except jets, nerf those things after the rest is buffed).


Im not disagreeing that SS GR has made an impact, and a good one for the rebels. like you say the leaderboards show the proof. This isn't down to them being OP, this is down to good base build, and lack of imp experience having to deal with them. It took me several attacks to go from faceplanting to regulary get 2-3 stars from active bases with snip GR by altering my loadout from jump steamroll, to a more varied attack. Which is a good thing for the game as jump/jet steamrolls have pretty much made it boring. Like with imp SSGR they need the sully skin to be effective though, and this usually means a combo of sully snipes in the SC, which is a lot easier to deal with than an SC full of perked Jets.

imo sonics don't need to be nerfed, nor do the bursts as the latter seriously addresses the jet/jump issues.

GR was a good/bad addition to the game, gave people something to play for, and also made it a little more challenging. One method in which it could be nerfed though is that it should limit the number of spawned units on the field, instead of having 60 rebs / 20 banthas coming at you just have a max of 1 wave on the field with the top ups appearing on the next wave. albeit this would hurt the imps more with our slower spawn rate.

Its good to see the high defence wins as it shows that players aren't too afraid to go after glowing bases, but faction population on the planet will determine if that's a factor. on ErKit the imps are enjoying the defence bounty, whereas on Tako its the rebs (well mostly 'Carnage'). However its clear from other posts on the forum that people regulary skip glowy's looking for an easy kill / cogs, and perhaps a graded cog scoring based on active perks should be implemented to entice more people to go after live bases (but that's probably a completely different thread :-) )

In all, we cant really say anything is too OP anymore, as pretty much everything has been buffed / nerfed countless times, that they actually start to feel quite level.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gaardian, Harshit, Schruaf, SmallPotato and 42 guests