War!!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Commodore

Re: War!!!

Post#41 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Shelendil wrote:Restarting fixes all the sc and transport errors. I frequently restart before a war attack.

Shelendil,

Good to know. Thanks!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarthWalker
Lieutenant

Post#42 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Thanks for this post. I had a series of crashes in my last war on 2 different devices and thought it might be my connection. Reading this, I also was removing troops to fill requests before attacking.
Leader of TheDarkKnight501 (Level 50 Imp All Perks Open)

Looking for active squad warriors to join our casual group. All languages welcome. No chat apps required.

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#43 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Yeah, I think this is due to the units that are cooking getting stuck in limbo at the time the unit is removed. You can see the barracks and factories showing "Stopped". Technically some of them may be done and ready for the transport, but they don't drop and yet still show in the transport. When you try to deploy these ghost units, the app crashes. Especially if those units put you over the transport capacity. I had some attacks recently in PvP where I see the Vanguard I was cooking in my transport and when I click on it, it tells me the unit is no longer there. Yet, I know it was not deployed. I was wondering about that, and it came back to bite me on a war attack. After that, we had a group discussion on the chat tab and we came to the same conclusion.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spirit
Major General

Post#44 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:07 am

One fix I use successfully to overcome the "stopped" issue after dumping troops, is to build, then cancel another unit eg
Tank build shows "stopped" following troop dumping. I select to build another tank, then click on minus to cancel that extra tank. Everything then corrects itself.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#45 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:44 am

Souron wrote:My squad is either always getting matched against really easy and passive squads, or very strict, high ranked squads. Is there any way out of this, were we can get a fun, evenly ranked squad to verse? :?: :?: :?:

Well...checked your stats (to try to id the issue) and i only see ONE loss...so i am guessing you get mostly easier matchups...

Our squad has much more matches and we had times where we would get mostly easier opponents...others we would lose several in a row to really top squads...i think matches became more balanced over time, so i am guessing there is some type of correction algorithm OR we evolved into a more stable zone of matchmaking...

I think right now we get an even match (final difference is 10 or less) half the times we play...

I would say for you to take advantage of the easier moment, practice a bit...odds are it wont last...

P.S. What i really hate is the "forced" balance imposed by takodana...and the 45-45 result...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto
VADER523 SQUAD - Positions Open

Harshit
Major General

Post#46 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 am

Currently my IMP squad is matched against English-Clashers and about 2 and half hours to begin.

Their team consist of:
3-P's
5-HQ 10's
3-HQ 9's
and 1 each of HQ 5,6,7,8
I am pretty sure we are going to win this one but those guys may be crying of their mismatch and my squad lineup is 14-P's and 1 HQ 9, clearly no way for the other side to win.
Last edited by Harshit on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Ghost666
Major General

Post#47 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 am

Shelendil wrote:Restarting fixes all the sc and transport errors. I frequently restart before a war attack.

NEVER attack with a bugged SC. If you suspect something is wrong DONT ATTACK. It WILL crash and you will lose the attack...

Obvious bug is too many units...no matter how tempting it may be to take 12 bikes into attack...dont!

Solution is simply reboot app...SC will sort itself...

Ghost666
Major General

Post#48 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am

Harshit wrote:Currently my IMP squad is matched against English-Clashers and about 2 and half hours to begin.

Their team consist of:
3-P's
5-HQ 10's
3-HQ 9's
and 1 each of HQ 5,6,7,8
I am pretty sure we are going to win this one but those guys may be crying of their mismatch and my squad lineup is 14-P's and 1 HQ 9, clearly no way for the other to win.

Side note...if Takodana is in play...ANY opponent can 45 you!!! A team full of L8s could draw vs one full of prestige bases...
(our squad is mostly casual players...but pro squads will get 45 points in 1h or less...even with lower level HQs)

Harshit
Major General

Post#49 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 am

Ghost666 wrote:
Harshit wrote:Currently my IMP squad is matched against English-Clashers and about 2 and half hours to begin.

Their team consist of:
3-P's
5-HQ 10's
3-HQ 9's
and 1 each of HQ 5,6,7,8
I am pretty sure we are going to win this one but those guys may be crying of their mismatch and my squad lineup is 14-P's and 1 HQ 9, clearly no way for the other to win.

Side note...if Takodana is in play...ANY opponent can 45 you!!! A team full of L8s could draw vs one full of prestige bases...
(our squad is mostly casual players...but pro squads will get 45 points in 1h or less...even with lower level HQs)

Indeed I agree. I forgot to mention that we have tat, erkit and hoth for outposts so thats total victory for us.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DeathStriker

Post#50 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 am

Their team consist of:
3-P's
5-HQ 10's
3-HQ 9's
and 1 each of HQ 5,6,7,8

While it may be TRUE that your Squad will be a challenge to English-Clashers, depending on the OPs in Play and the skill of their 11 Top Players they may surprise you and put up a great fight and even Tie Score.

Never, Never, Never, underestimate the other Squad, and the power of being the "underdog"... :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”