Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Major General

Re: Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#61 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:51 pm

mkenobi wrote:** CUT **
Are we are some kind a stupid zombies running for frags just because is a Star Wars game, something most here love for a life? I'm playing since August 2014, and if wasn't Star Wars probably never would installed SWC.

** CUT **

There's some truth to this. Clash of Clans is the same basic game. Tried it, played for a while, but just couldn't get into it or build a connection to the game. There's something to be said for the Star Wars name or connection. That said, it's been 2 years for me, and I think all of us go through boredom periods with this game. I think most of the regulars have 20K attacks or more, so there's very little we have not seen or done. I suspect the camaraderie within a squad plays into to it too. I also think game players in general, are somewhat to extremely OCD.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spirit
Major General

Post#62 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm

agreed lukeskywalker in every respect.
OCD is certainly a big factor in this game.
I have also been in from the start, having built many lev10 bases, but have frequently retired from the game, as I see the addiction factors. However, I always come back an start again.
Like many here, I hate to think of the thousands of hours grinding away.
What I can say is that each time I start from scratch, the game feels less addictive, but more fun. It is not easy though to give up and start again.
It was the prestige level that brought me back this time and I plan to get there. However, I am not the player I was and will hit prestige with poor troops and frags. Hats off to those who stick with it and max base, troops, frags etc.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#63 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Spirit,

Always good to know the history of a player. If you went through the level 10 thing, you have done pretty much everything, and have seen the different issues that have popped up over time. I have given some thought over the last week, about building a mini base where I have access to all units. However, I would keep the units at level 6 or so, to ensure a level playing field with any matchups. The reasoning would be to have the game play at it's very basic level. Don't use the armory. Use the units as is. The fun would be that all units would have some value, you have access to all units, and it would be interesting to mix and match loadouts and attack strategies. Get away from the Jet/TX 225/Sully type mixes, and actually have some variety. That would also make it fun to share that base with the kids. The trick will be finding what level to stop the upgrades at, and which special units would just be too op regardless of level. The wall and turrets might also need to be capped. Just a thought at this point.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spirit
Major General

Post#64 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:29 am

Lukeskywalker, that sounds like a great plan. You must give it a try.
Lev6 without the armory would be good. If you go for it, let us all know how it goes.
As regards previous bases, I still go to build the lev10 togs, then realise I havent even unlocked twileks on this account, lol
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Return to “General Discussions”