Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#31 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm

RoguePossum wrote:
Midge wrote:
RoguePossum wrote:TSQL get someone to read the entire thread to you that can comprehend the whole conversation. Thank you for picking out part of the story and assuming you're correct...you're not. Not one part of anything I said was directed to mkenobi. If you need help understanding, just ask. How's that foot taste?

You're an idiot.

That is all.

EDIT:

ChiptheFish wrote:I don't collect medals, but if I did, this would be game over for me.

I was medal maxed and got hit with it. 143k gone ... poof.

It irks me enough to say I won't spend any more money. And there are a lot of people that are less of an addict than me.

I know, logically, that the medals don't really mean much, but I don't think I have ever just flat been shit on by a game developer like this and then been told "too bad" in such a way.

It really is mind-boggling.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks, DS ;)

Grow up child. I'm sure your Mommie told you you were something special...OK lets just go with that.

Oh goodness ... 12 days and this is the best you can do?

Still an idiot.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#32 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Is it possible the secondary ranking (earned by wins and defensive wins) is impacting matchups or that the medals may not be displaying properly, but are in fact still there? I'm referring to the one under your player name and just before the squad name that displays in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I wish I could recall the actual name of that ranking. The reason I ask is that I see a number of players who lost medals, but are not seeing better matchups or less gears on defensive wins. That seems to contradict the impact of medals on matchmaking or that the medals are actually lost. I just find it odd.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DeathStriker

Post#33 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:36 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Is it possible the secondary ranking (earned by wins and defensive wins) is impacting matchups or that the medals may not be displaying properly, but are in fact still there? I'm referring to the one under your player name and just before the squad name that displays in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I wish I could recall the actual name of that ranking.

lukeskywalker - Number you mention, that is in the Players Badge which shows the Players Name is called - what else - Players Rank.

The Players Rank is based upon the number of Victories (Attacks Won + Defenses Won) and is NOT used in either PvP Matchmaking or War Matchmaking.

While a Players Medal Count can rise and fall with each Attack a Players Rank does not change when Medals are lost.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lma
Commodore

Post#34 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:44 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Is it possible the secondary ranking (earned by wins and defensive wins) is impacting matchups or that the medals may not be displaying properly, but are in fact still there? I'm referring to the one under your player name and just before the squad name that displays in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I wish I could recall the actual name of that ranking. The reason I ask is that I see a number of players who lost medals, but are not seeing better matchups or less gears on defensive wins. That seems to contradict the impact of medals on matchmaking or that the medals are actually lost. I just find it odd.

If you lose enough medals, then it will definitely impact on your matchmaking. My squadmates who have lost 140k plus medals are finding much easier bases to hit.. As for defensive gears, it's always been based on your base rating and your opponent medal count in relation to yours. So for me if someone with a higher medal count than me (or >50k medal less than me) who plants on me i will give me 355 gears .. irrespective of my actual medal count. But if some one who is below my medal count but within 50k difference will give me 530ish gears for a defensive win. But since you can't go backwards on your base score, and as you drop medals you now goes into the match making for lower skill pool.. the gears per defensive win dont change.. what's happening with my squadmates is that they are getting more defensive wins as the attackers are now more inferior..

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#35 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:17 pm

DS, Ima,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the understanding that base score and medals are used for matchups, but I saw a few posts that seem to indicate that those players who lost medals are not necessarily seeing easier matchups. Your squad mates are experiencing what I thought they should, after losing medals. I might be wrong and if I find the specific posts that caught my attention, I will reference them. Better to deal with facts over memory.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

RoguePossum
Commodore

Post#36 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Midge wrote:
RoguePossum wrote:
Midge wrote:You're an idiot.

That is all.

EDIT:

I was medal maxed and got hit with it. 143k gone ... poof.

It irks me enough to say I won't spend any more money. And there are a lot of people that are less of an addict than me.

I know, logically, that the medals don't really mean much, but I don't think I have ever just flat been shit on by a game developer like this and then been told "too bad" in such a way.

It really is mind-boggling.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks, DS ;)

Grow up child. I'm sure your Mommie told you you were something special...OK lets just go with that.

Still an idiot.

Well I had no idea I was going to be in a battle of wits with a 12 year old little girl named Midge. I have to admit the "Oh goodness ... 12 days and this is the best you can do?" comment has really taken me off guard. I yield to your superior intellect!

TNT
Admiral

Post#37 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:30 am

Please don't argue with Midge. It's a waste of time as it'll only lead to him screaming at you incoherently, stomping his foot and running for his mommies basement again like he always does.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:02 am

RoguePossum wrote:
Midge wrote:
RoguePossum wrote:

Still an idiot.

Well I had no idea I was going to be in a battle of wits with a 12 year old little girl named Midge. I have to admit the "Oh goodness ... 12 days and this is the best you can do?" comment has really taken me off guard. I yield to your superior intellect!

You're an idiot.

DeathStriker

Post#39 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:13 am

LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Lets get the conversation back to the Topic of "do you think the recent #MedalGate and other changes mark the end of SWC?"

Here is a re-post of the OP Main Topic Post:

CoolGuy wrote:With the group just having experienced one of the biggest cluster f***s in gaming history with the loss of medals for some, and then the insulting compensation, and a string of boring conflicts for near useless frags/upgrades, is this the final nail in the coffin for SWC?

As a long standing member of the RogueEwok squad I have watched my leader and several other members lose 100k medals. Now I didn't lose anything and I am currently sitting on about 140k medals. However the loss of medals belonging to my leader and teammates, and the loss of medals of other longstanding good members in this forum has really left me discouraged.

If I am lacking motivation to play, then how are others who have lost medals feeling? How many people are we going to lose from the game due to this cluster - 10%, 20%? Is this going to cripple the game to such an extent that it will never recover?

And now back to the discussion...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:17 am

DeathStriker wrote:LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Lets get the conversation back to the Topic of "do you think the recent #MedalGate and other changes mark the end of SWC?"

Here is a re-post of the OP Main Topic Post:

CoolGuy wrote:With the group just having experienced one of the biggest cluster f***s in gaming history with the loss of medals for some, and then the insulting compensation, and a string of boring conflicts for near useless frags/upgrades, is this the final nail in the coffin for SWC?

As a long standing member of the RogueEwok squad I have watched my leader and several other members lose 100k medals. Now I didn't lose anything and I am currently sitting on about 140k medals. However the loss of medals belonging to my leader and teammates, and the loss of medals of other longstanding good members in this forum has really left me discouraged.

If I am lacking motivation to play, then how are others who have lost medals feeling? How many people are we going to lose from the game due to this cluster - 10%, 20%? Is this going to cripple the game to such an extent that it will never recover?

And now back to the discussion...

Sigh ... OK, Striker.

Could be, but we know it is going through at least March apparently.

Return to “General Discussions”