Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Major General

Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm

With the group just having experienced one of the biggest cluster f***s in gaming history with the loss of medals for some, and then the insulting compensation, and a string of boring conflicts for near useless frags/upgrades, is this the final nail in the coffin for SWC?

As a long standing member of the RogueEwok squad I have watched my leader and several other members lose 100k medals. Now I didn't lose anything and I am currently sitting on about 140k medals. However the loss of medals belonging to my leader and teammates, and the loss of medals of other longstanding good members in this forum has really left me discouraged.

If I am lacking motivation to play, then how are others who have lost medals feeling? How many people are we going to lose from the game due to this cluster - 10%, 20%? Is this going to cripple the game to such an extent that it will never recover?

ForceMel
Major General

Re: Final Nail In The Coffin For SWC?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 pm

As a player who lost over 140k medals, my motivation to play is at an all time low at the moment.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

luke50

Post#3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Add the loss of the Amazon Fire tablet players. 5 of our core 15 in our squad will most likely leave. We have another 10 players, but they are far less active. That said, the concerns over the game closing the doors has been going on for a while. There are probably enough players to keep it going, but I can see a significant short term hit.

LS

RoguePossum
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:08 pm

"I have watched my leader and several other members lose 100k medals."

On purpose or lack of play time? My last squad dumped medals on purpose to gain easier opponents which I strongly disagreed with. Then I lost my account and restarted for the 3rd time (was windows refugee) Started a new squad "EventHorizon" I sip on bourbon and blow things up to disconnect from the real world.

Hope you find a happy place.

RP

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 pm

RoguePossum wrote:"I have watched my leader and several other members lose 100k medals."

On purpose or lack of play time? My last squad dumped medals on purpose to gain easier opponents which I strongly disagreed with. Then I lost my account and restarted for the 3rd time (was windows refugee) Started a new squad "EventHorizon" I sip on bourbon and blow things up to disconnect from the real world.

Hope you find a happy place.

RP

Not sure which planet you are living on Possum, but my squad mates lost medals due to the Disney cluster. To suggest anything else is insulting.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:50 pm

CoolGuy wrote:If I am lacking motivation to play, then how are others who have lost medals feeling? How many people are we going to lose from the game due to this cluster - 10%, 20%? Is this going to cripple the game to such an extent that it will never recover?

Well, my friend, I know the feeling very well, and I can say as a windows survivor about what is be disrespected as consumer, and humiliated as a game player by those assholes at Disney Interactive. I can't blame Support, they are just employees trying to keep their jobs.

I learn from my time on WIndows to not worry about medals and do not take the game so serious. I didn't play for medals since I started my iOS/Android bases, I played most for loot for upgrades, and a few times for points in conflicts/events. Most medals I earned were by winning defenses, and when I started to get more medals through defenses than attacking I gave up of keep losing attacks only to drop medals because is stupid and a waste of time.

I know how many players have proud of being medal capped, this is what kept them playing SWC for so long. The #MedalGate doesn't affect only the players, but the whole squad where they are because medals are what give the squad its place in the ranking. Is stupid, yes it is, but this is how the game worked since the beginning.

And yes, we also have the Amazon closing too. Put all these stupid conflicts for useless units in the last 2 months, and all the crap that came with Prestige (mega loot dev bases included) together and really, I think it's the last nail. Zynga will whip out a dead horse.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

RoguePossum
Commodore

Post#7 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm

"To suggest anything else is insulting."

Just a little friendly advise, don't take things out of context or wear your emotions on your sleeve or you'll go through life always angry. It was a question, not a statement or accusation. I'm sorry your squad had problems and I hope it works out for you guys. I've had to restart 3 times from an L-10 and L-9 so we've all had our little problems. Luckily this is just a game.

Best of luck to you

RP

TSQL
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 pm

RoguePossum wrote:"To suggest anything else is insulting."

Just a little friendly advise, don't take things out of context or wear your emotions on your sleeve or you'll go through life always angry. It was a question, not a statement or accusation. I'm sorry your squad had problems and I hope it works out for you guys. I've had to restart 3 times from an L-10 and L-9 so we've all had our little problems. Luckily this is just a game.

Best of luck to you

RP

Nice move. Turning it into being about you. You should probably read the prior post before chiming in. I am not affected by the latest debacle. But I'm empathic to those who are.
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

RoguePossum
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 pm

TSQL get someone to read the entire thread to you that can comprehend the whole conversation. Thank you for picking out part of the story and assuming you're correct...you're not. Not one part of anything I said was directed to mkenobi. If you need help understanding, just ask. How's that foot taste?

Rangers
Commander

Post#10 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:15 pm

I lost 60k medals. Not as many as some but that’s a lot of game time i’ll never get back. Yes it’s just a game but some take these things perhaps more seriously than they should.

I think it’s more to do with the insulting compensation offer from Disney than anything. A few thousand crystals for the amount of time and money some pay into the Disney money making machine is just taking the piss out of the seasoned players. If it wasn’t for us they would have no game to mess up. I received 2k crystals for my loss but you can buy that for £20 in the store. Hardly a fair amount for the amount of time it took to get that far up the medal list.

Rant over

Return to “General Discussions”