Level 4 to 5 drastic change in matchup & loot

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
luke50

Level 4 to 5 drastic change in matchup & loot

Post#1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:01 pm

As a rebel who started at the beginning of 2017, I often thought about creating an Empire base to gain a better perspective on the pros and cons of both factions. I kept putting it off, since I spend enough time running my own base and a squad. However, with swc phasing out Amazon players, I started working on a solution for my brother. In the process we started an Empire base, which we are currently sharing, and it has been interesting. After 2 weeks, we have the empire base up to level 5 and should have it up to level 6 by Sunday.

The level 5 upgrade really changed the matchups we are seeing. Finding bases with enough credits at level 4 was a challenge. We kept the base score under 400, which had a big impact on matchups from a resource perspective, but we wanted to stay the course. The level 5 upgrade rewarded that patience. We are now seeing bases with 200K to 1M plus credit and alloy. These goldmine dev bases allow us to fill up our storages in one attack. The rest of the attacks then are solely devoted to chasing the UC crate.

The big question is the large range of matchups. We are seeing level 3 to Prestige bases. These are not fully build Prestige bases, e.g they may have 2-4 turrets, but they still have both dekas and of course Prestige or level 10 walls, structures, and turrets. Are other Empire and Rebel players seeing this at level 5 on Tat? I was already at max level 10 for my rebel base, when these gift dev bases came out with the Prestige level, so I don't have a point of comparison. If this continues, we probably get to level 8 before we need to shut down this experimental Empire base at the end of December.

LS

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Level 4 to 5 drastic change in matchup & loot

Post#2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:10 am

Yes, I've noticed that a couple months ago. I had a "mkenobi 2" Imperial mini -- with 2 turrets level 1, no traps, only 2 generators, and it was hard to find resources at HQ 4 -- when I did the jump to HQ 5, my matchmaking started to give me high level bases, many of them minis HQs 9-10 with high amount of resources and contraband, or full levels 6-7.

I lost this base due to a device crash, but matchmaking was insane. I also run a full Rebel HQ 6 and I can't have the same experience because is virtually impossible find contraband to upgrade my droideka for this maxed out base.

Maybe matchmaking was changed from HQ 5 to prevent minis of keep smashing poor HQs 3-4. who knows.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

erfs
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 am

You guys are still making me jealous - with my Imp L6 mini base (base strength of 699, roughly 12k medals) I do not recall ever seeing a high resource base like you describe above, except a real player L9 mini once.

There was one L7 mini rebel base that I managed to hit repeatedly which allowed me to get enough CB for a Droideka (the Player was so nice to do several revenge attacks), but at 4,5k CBK each attack.

Other than that, seeing a base with 100k alloy or credits is already a base with good resources for me.

Now, I do not really need the resources except for the CB, but it would be a nice Change.

Planets: Tat, Hoth, Yavin 4

luke50

Post#4 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 am

My brother and I see a Prestige mini about 1 in 20 bases. We see a resource loaded dev base probably 1 in 10 bases. We just roll through the regular bases for conflict points, and refill the storage's in one attack. Our storage's at level 5 are currently 300K, and the dev bases have 400K to 500K in credits and alloy. The Prestige mini's have 1M in credits and alloy, which is more than a level 5 can store. Those Prestige mini's are still tough to handle for a new level 5, since we are still working on upgrading the level 4 barracks, factories, and hero command. Even baiting the Sentinel and Oppressor's don't give the troops enough time to bust the shields and get through turrets to capture the loot. The lower resource rich dev bases though, are easy to 100%.

It could be a mini base matchup flaw, since the matchups are all over the place.

LS

Cortana
Commander

Post#5 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 pm

mkenobi wrote:Yes, I've noticed that a couple months ago. I had a "mkenobi 2" Imperial mini -- with 2 turrets level 1, no traps, only 2 generators, and it was hard to find resources at HQ 4 -- when I did the jump to HQ 5, my matchmaking started to give me high level bases, many of them minis HQs 9-10 with high amount of resources and contraband, or full levels 6-7.

I lost this base due to a device crash, but matchmaking was insane. I also run a full Rebel HQ 6 and I can't have the same experience because is virtually impossible find contraband to upgrade my droideka for this maxed out base.

Maybe matchmaking was changed from HQ 5 to prevent minis of keep smashing poor HQs 3-4. who knows.

luke50 wrote:My brother and I see a Prestige mini about 1 in 20 bases. We see a resource loaded dev base probably 1 in 10 bases. We just roll through the regular bases for conflict points, and refill the storage's in one attack. Our storage's at level 5 are currently 300K, and the dev bases have 400K to 500K in credits and alloy. The Prestige mini's have 1M in credits and alloy, which is more than a level 5 can store. Those Prestige mini's are still tough to handle for a new level 5, since we are still working on upgrading the level 4 barracks, factories, and hero command. Even baiting the Sentinel and Oppressor's don't give the troops enough time to bust the shields and get through turrets to capture the loot. The lower resource rich dev bases though, are easy to 100%.

It could be a mini base matchup flaw, since the matchups are all over the place.

LS

@mkenobi, however if you move from Tatooine to, let's say Dandoran where I am at, you will be matched against some real-level 5 players that belong to squads.

Having said the above, there were some that I guess were Dev-bases but I wasn't sure.

How did I know / assume they were dev-bases?
- I re-attacked the same base within 20 minutes and
- the call sign did not belong to any squad (unlike the statement I made above) and
- it had somewhat many resources. If it is a dormant account, it may not have that many resources. BUT.. these bases I found did not have any traps (again for comparison, the dev-bases on Tatooine have many traps as that level-bases should have)

My observation: no prestige Mini-dev-bases I found on Dand (and there are some on Tatooine). Thus I presumed those dev bases looked like regular / real player bases, but I am not 100% certain.

@Luke50
Yes, on Tatooine.

Regards.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Cortana wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Yes, I've noticed that a couple months ago. I had a "mkenobi 2" Imperial mini -- with 2 turrets level 1, no traps, only 2 generators, and it was hard to find resources at HQ 4 -- when I did the jump to HQ 5, my matchmaking started to give me high level bases, many of them minis HQs 9-10 with high amount of resources and contraband, or full levels 6-7.

luke50 wrote:My brother and I see a Prestige mini about 1 in 20 bases. We see a resource loaded dev base probably 1 in 10 bases. We just roll through the regular bases for conflict points, and refill the storage's in one attack. Our storage's at level 5 are currently 300K, and the dev bases have 400K to 500K in credits and alloy. The Prestige mini's have 1M in credits and alloy, which is more than a level 5 can store. Those Prestige mini's are still tough to handle for a new level 5, since we are still working on upgrading the level 4 barracks, factories, and hero command. Even baiting the Sentinel and Oppressor's don't give the troops enough time to bust the shields and get through turrets to capture the loot. The lower resource rich dev bases though, are easy to 100%.

LS

@mkenobi, however if you move from Tatooine to, let's say Dandoran where I am at, you will be matched against some real-level 5 players that belong to squads.

Having said the above, there were some that I guess were Dev-bases but I wasn't sure.

- the call sign did not belong to any squad (unlike the statement I made above) and
- it had somewhat many resources. If it is a dormant account, it may not have that many resources. BUT.. these bases I found did not have any traps (again for comparison, the dev-bases on Tatooine have many traps as that level-bases should have)

My observation: no prestige Mini-dev-bases I found on Dand (and there are some on Tatooine). Thus I presumed those dev bases looked like regular / real player bases, but I am not 100% certain.

@Luke50
Yes, on Tatooine.

Regards.

@Cortana, take a look at my mini HQ 6 attacking a HQ 10 mini on Tat.

I got 100% over that base -- no SC. Someone here said these mini bases are Dev bases, but I can't believe Devs would create mini bases only for players running mini bases can have rich Dev bases to attack.

I posted this print 2 months ago, and as I am not going to upgrade anything else I'm not playing with this account while we don't have Events again, so I don't know how matchmaking is now, but bases like this were popping up all the time on any planet, as well full levels 7-8 -- what can't match with a mini base HQ 6 with 2 turrets level 1 and no traps.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:41 pm

That's a dev base: I've drawn that one so many times, sometimes 4-5X in a row on multiple planets. There are prestige versions that have Krayt dragons as well.

luke50

Post#8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm

I agree with Boog. That's a dev base. Seeing that one several times a day.

LS

Fivecrayfish
Commander

Post#9 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 am

mkenobi wrote:
Cortana wrote:

LS

@Luke50
Yes, on Tatooine.

Regards.

@Cortana, take a look at my mini HQ 6 attacking a HQ 10 mini on Tat.

I got 100% over that base -- no SC. Someone here said these mini bases are Dev bases, but I can't believe Devs would create mini bases only for players running mini bases can have rich Dev bases to attack.

I posted this print 2 months ago, and as I am not going to upgrade anything else I'm not playing with this account while we don't have Events again, so I don't know how matchmaking is now, but bases like this were popping up all the time on any planet, as well full levels 7-8 -- what can't match with a mini base HQ 6 with 2 turrets level 1 and no traps.

Hi , the base pic you just posted is indeed a dev base, it is one of the standard mini dev bases you get and one of the easier ones to beat.
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

Cortana
Commander

Post#10 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 am

@Mkenobi, The matching on Tatooine is still the same as you reported (your print-screen above) 2 months ago. Dev-bases all over for all of us who have level 5/6 minis on Tatooine. I'm not sure for minis level 7 and above, since I'm not that level yet.

This is the print-screen for your perusal I captured a few minutes ago. As you can see, the 3rd base on Tat is Prestige-mini Dev base.
https://i.imgur.com/HurdQw9.jpg

As I mentioned previously, if we, lvl 5/6 minis, move to other planet, like Dandoran where I was on that planet earlier, these are the opponents we may find: They are real-player-base. I removed the call sign and squad's name for privacy pruposes.

https://i.imgur.com/7hDjmqB.jpg

@Fivecrayfish
Yes, I agree with you :-)

Return to “General Discussions”