Good Heroic Defense Base Design - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
AdmiralLimp
Storm Trooper

Good Heroic Defense Base Design - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:50 am

HD Base

Does anyone have any screenshots of good HQ9 HD bases that generally have 100% success rates against HD?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post

Harshit
Commodore

Re: HD Base

Post#2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:51 am

Pls mention your faction you are in. If you are in Empire you need to get sniper GR and rodian skin that will greatly help to win 3 stars almost everytime (except Infantry based, those are the hardest of all types). If you have SD-K4 it will be of great help as it is great for HDs after it was buffed.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

AdmiralLimp
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:51 am

Harshit wrote:Pls mention your faction you are in. If you are in Empire you need to get sniper GR and rodian skin that will greatly help to win 3 stars almost everytime (except Infantry based, those are the hardest of all types). If you have SD-K4 it will be of great help as it is great for HDs after it was buffed.

Sorry! I'm an imperial. I've always had an HD-PVP hybrid (some buildings placed to shield turrets) base that has been rather successful in HDs, although it often requires the placement of at least 1 hero or starship. Could really use one of those auto HD layouts as I've been really busy lately. I generally know how the layout typically goes, but I'm not sure what order I should place my buildings in.

Harshit
Commodore

Post#4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 am

You should should keep your turrets at shield edges so that they start firing as soon as the troops attack your shield border and also in HD you might need help of some heroes so make sure to keep it protected.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

AdmiralLimp
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:07 am

Harshit wrote:You should should keep your turrets at shield edges so that they start firing as soon as the troops attack your shield border and also in HD you might need help of some heroes so make sure to keep it protected.

I'm aware of my turret placements. The only problem I have is the other buildings. I'm afraid that improper placement will make the layout ineffective. HQ10 examples would be of help too

Spirit
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 am

A while ago, there was another thread on this forum. If I remember right, Gabe from Dark Brigade was cited as a good layout at the time.
In general for high level HD, a north corner base with double layer walls across southern (SE/SW) sides will protect. Do not put turrets next to walls but insulate with a layer of buildings, eg resource. Use buffed walls and any GR you have for Hd.
good luck.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

luke50

Re: Good Heroic Defense Base Design - Discussion Topic

Post#7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:09 pm

My thinking is along the lines of Spirit. North corner base forces the attacks from one direction. I'm a rebel player and the sniper gr took me from 67% 3 star success rate to now consistently 3 star wins on HD. I also do not need to use squad center troops. Just 2-3 Fangs sprinkled in at strategic times. Layout is important, but you can't overlook how important high level gr is. The lower your gr levels are, the more reliant you will be on base layout, the right gr selection, starships, and squad center. Turret selection is key too. At level 9, it's either all bursts, all sonics, or a sonic & burst mix. Having a few rockets mixed in can help if you go the mixed turret route. Rapids and Mortars are semi-useless at level 9 through Prestige. I have seen some people using all rockets. I would like to hear from those people.

For heroes, I use Kessen, the Elite AT-TE, and SD-K4. Those rock for HD, at least for those in the rebel faction.

LS

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:48 pm

I have a level 10 minibase that has two level 1 Sonics and no shields. At level 9, I won all my hd's. Part of the key was hiding the turrets so the wookies, hails, and tanks went on a long death march. I typically needed two heroes and the SC (three transporters, deployed early *wink wink*). I've only done two hd's at 10, I won one and two starred the other. I'm waiting for my armory to finish upgrading and to have a free droid for deka repairs before I get back to doing hd's again.

bob1084
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:29 pm

If you are using hero’s, air, sc, or traps on hd’s It’s not a good hd base.

I am a reb on “line,” pm me and I will show you the exact build to win them all without anything needed except hitting start.

Line ID- bob1084sw

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:07 pm

If you have a fully upgraded base (eg. L9 turrets for L9 HQ), with a proper base design, you should not need SC, hero or air to win.
If you have a rushed base, then it can be tough when facing infantry attacks, even with a HD base.

Return to “General Discussions”