Matchmaking still unfair

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Redeye231
Storm Trooper

Matchmaking still unfair

Post#1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:54 am

After days of anticipation that matchmaking may be improved predictably they haven’t.Another war another lost cause.

Fivecrayfish
Commander

Re: Matchmaking still unfair

Post#2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:36 am

Redeye231 wrote:After days of anticipation that matchmaking may be improved predictably they haven’t.Another war another lost cause.

Horray, long live unfair matchmaking which ruins every single new players life who think they will win this war but lose thanks to some top 100 squad crushing them. (that's a long cheer)

In all honestly, I think for us it got better :

our squad :

15 prestige bases

enemy squad :

1 prestige
3 HQ 10
2 HQ 8
and then mid lvl all the way to HQ 5

OP :

Tat, Er'kit, hoth

Prediction :

You guess
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

llamaman
Commander

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:08 pm

I wonder if some of these top war squads in order for a slightly competitive match have ever thought of letting the lower ranked squad have all op.

NoelleanRaider

Post#4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Ryan’s Raiders matched with ByDesign a few months ago and they were willing to give us all the outposts. Most of the power squads seem to be willing to negotiate something for the sake of a competitive war. The key is finding a contact thru LINE to set it up. It was a much better war for both parties.

Fivecrayfish
Commander

Post#5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 pm

llamaman wrote:I wonder if some of these top war squads in order for a slightly competitive match have ever thought of letting the lower ranked squad have all op.

We usually let them keep it for some time say an hour or half an hour. usually the time it takes us to get 45-0. after that it's fair play.

But if we get a really bad match, we negotiate for some OPs as theirs (tat, Tako is never one of them, either fair play or no-go for those). But I don't know about rest, but I'm sure a lot of them allow it
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

luke50

Post#6 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:36 pm

It would seem like setting up a handicap or point spread would not be that difficult. Use the base score to start, but factor in some degree of sandbagging as a cushion. The outposts are so OP, that you don't need to give that many points to even it up a bit. Even our most lopsided matchups, when we are underdogs, end up with us winning, in a tie, or losing 45-43 or so. That's assuming we have 6 Prestige bases and the other side has 12 Prestige bases, and our level 7-9 players need to 3 star their level 9-Prestige bases.

An underdog would be spotted 3 points or 5 points and could end up scoring 48-50 points. Just a thought.

LS

WoW
Storm Trooper

Post#7 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:43 am

The reply came.

From STAR WARS™ Commander Support<starwarscommander@disneymobile.com>

Thanks for that additional info!

I can definitely understand where you're coming from and I can assure you that we are always working to find the best balance for matchmaking. Keep an eye out for updates in the future.

May the Force be with you.

One more, I suggested that we should play SW with fewer players.
I did battle with five people when I was on Windows.

Let's wait for the update.
Of course, I will not do SW until then. :(
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion

Beththeboss
Commander

Post#8 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 am

What days and times are you guys entering MM?

The top squads mostly enter MM at similar times as they prefer the challenge of facing similar level opponents. I’d avoid entering MM between 20:00 and 23:30 GMT on Fridays and 18:00 to 21:30 GMT on Wednesdays. This MAY help but is no guarantee.
Empire Lvl 11 95k+ medals (Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 9 14k+ medals (Circleof.Sabers)

Redeye231
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:37 am

Thanks for that advice Beththeboss

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:49 am

WoW wrote:The reply came.

From STAR WARS™ Commander Support<starwarscommander@disneymobile.com>

Thanks for that additional info!

I can definitely understand where you're coming from and I can assure you that we are always working to find the best balance for matchmaking. Keep an eye out for updates in the future.

May the Force be with you.

One more, I suggested that we should play SW with fewer players.
I did battle with five people when I was on Windows.

Let's wait for the update.
Of course, I will not do SW until then. :(

When SW started on Windows they were with only 5 players. Reduce required players to 10 would bring more squads available to war.

Remove medals as criteria for matchmaking and adjust BS to HQ Level (1 level above/1 level below) also would help to prevent full low levels of being matched with level 9-10 mini bases/sandbaggings -- as we were in 3 wars in a row in my Imperial Squad.

And give something really useful and good as reward in the winner crate while resources is not a problem anymore and rarely you get the max storage capacity! Give special units you can only unlock and upgrade if you win a squad war.

A no-OP war option and the option of challenge the same squad for a new match -- like a revenge if your squad is defeated.

And nerf the damn Takodana 500% and Tatooine 400%, or give the win crate for both when in a draw!

Simple things that can help to improvement the wars and make everyone happy. But as I say before, SW are free of costs -- except if you use a few crystals to rush your loadouts -- so wars aren't interesting for the Mouse.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”