ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ImperialDeathStar
Commander

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#171 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 pm

I have now severed all my ties with this game as a result of this debacle. Good riddance I say!

In my spare time I will now do things that improve my mental health, not harm it and would urge you all to do the same. Think about how much time you are wasting on this GAME. Life is out here for all of you. Go find it!

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#172 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 am

CharlieRebeL wrote:For the last week I have been working on the assumption that some of us lost medals due to some kind of glitch after the update and after a period of time a fix would restore our medals.

This is mainly based on the fact that this has happened to me before and I got the medals back.

My initial response to realising today they they don’t intend to restore our medals was that the devs simply don’t want to spend the time on fixing it and are trying to fob us off with a pitiful amount of crystals instead.

After a bit of thought I’m starting to think that rather than a glitch that they won’t fix, we are actually part of a test group and it is deliberate that some of us have lost medals.

We know they have used test groups a lot in the past. eg Points needed for different stages on EP events, cost and time to swop turrets. Im sure there has been other examples just can’t remember them right now.

There is several reasons why I’m starting to think this:-

The players effected. What links those that have been effected. I’ve read on Line someone saying they thought it was those that where logged on when the update was released, but neither of my bases was logged on until the following day after the update.
The only pattern I’ve thought of is both my squads had 3 people effected, both my bases ( both sitting in number 2 spot in each squad ), someone that was near number 10 spot and someone that was near 20 spot. Fits in with the 3 tiers of crystal comp but probably just coincedance, but my thought is what kind of possible glitch could effect just a few players from each squad and a wide range medal levels if it wasn’t deliberate ( any computer boffins know if this is possible with a random glitch?)
The laws of probability suggest that we should have some squads with lots of players effected and some squads with none if it was purely random!?
Why can they not restore medals if it was a unintended glitch? They have done it before, they knew exactely who was effected and how many medals they lost so must have a record. It could be just a simple fuck you we can’t be bothered to find the fix but the more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense.
Why did they give crystal comp so quickly? It was 2 weeks until I got medals back last time and has taken much longer for other glitches to be resolved. Seems a bit odd they acknowledge some had lost medals and then gave out crystals so quickly afterwards.

I’m sure we will never know the truth , just hope if it was a test group all the players effected spend zero money now so the devs reverse it!

We had 3 in our squad affected, 115k to 15k, 94k to 15k, 54k to 15k. also I have seen a lot of posts who all seem to have been reduced to around the 15k amount. so if it was a random glitch that slashed a certain number of medals from players, the amounts they got reduced to would vary a lot, and not be all around the 15k mark. I know some ended up with less than 15k but I think the vast majority ended up on or very near 15k. It certainly looks like it was done deliberate, like a set number of players from a set number of squads were chosen and then slashed to around 15k medals. There should be no patterns in randomness but here we do see a pattern most squads (not all) had 2/3 players affected and most players (not all) seem to have been reduced to around 15k medals. I am sure I will get debunked about this but its how I see it from what I know so far.
But whatever, at the end of the day (it will be midnight) we have been dry bummed by the devs, the compensation is also like some kind of deliberate insult. The more I think about it the more I am convinced the devs are trying to ruin the game before they hand over to Zynga as it makes no business sense to bore players to death with easy loot shitty conflicts and then fuck some players over with #Medalgate its more like they are on a suicide mission for the game.
One other thing why did it not affect everyone? my theory is because if it had affected all players they would have no choice but to fix it or give out millions in crystals, but only fucking over about 10% of players they still know 90% will be apathetic to it all and just carry on playing. Its all very calculated imho.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

CharlieRebeL
Squadron Leader

Post#173 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 am

Someone has mentioned to me that there is a Line group been set up for those effected by medal loss. If there is can someone invite me please, my Line ID is Charliercat

DeathStriker

Post#174 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:55 am

CharlieRebeL wrote:Someone has mentioned to me that there is a Line group been set up for those effected by medal loss. If there is can someone invite me please, my Line ID is Charliercat

CharlieRebeL - Done! smile :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#175 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 am

I fled the LINE group again, after only 6 hours of sleep it had over 600 unread posts…

Those huge LINE groups are not efficient imho… I've been in a few, and fled most within days.

Another question is, will I continue like I did before… today, I did an instant Prestige upgrade for the MHC with the crystals I received, took 2 weeks off research... alas… I have only 300 left now so back at square one...
Anyway, if I would have had real money invested, I'd be raging mad, now i am plodding along like a stupid bovine bantha, munching on the dry grasses of Tat, gathering medals in defences against far weaker /less experienced players -relative to my strength -than I remember encountering at any time before...

I just started another building upgrade, will do a few token attacks and wait till things get better, if they do get better at all...
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#176 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am

Here is an old post from 2014 from the vice president of disney interactive about changes they made to the medal system showing that they used to know that medals were very important part of the game for players but now don't give a fuck.

Quote...

Commanders,
As many of you have noticed, today we implemented some changes to medal counts in the game. I wanted to take a few moments to describe the changes, and how they may have affected your own medal counts.

These changes took effect around 6:00pm PST tonight (Wednesday October 15th, 2014.)
We are confident that these changes will result in much more balanced, and more equitable, leaderboards in the game – something we take very seriously (and we know you do too!) BULLSHIT!
I want to thank all of you for your patience as we worked through these changes. I know that this update caught some of you by surprise, particularly with the size and scope of the impact, and we could have done a better job communicating it in advance. We’re listening, and will work to be more transparent with upcoming changes in the future. BULLSHIT!
Thank you for playing!

Nate Etter
Vice President, Studio Operations
Disney Interactive

Link to full statement here. http://outerrimnews.com/gaming/medal-co ... commander/

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#177 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am

I think it's total bs they are letting this slide when they cashed in big time on all of the medal-capped players who rushed Prestige structures for a shit ton of crystals just to get ahead of the pack on the medal standings. I mean, Carnage has a maxed out Prestige base and was second on the list. It is scary to think how many crystals that took. I can't believe the devs think it is ok to just give him 5K xtals. If they now feel medals are so meaningless, they should just delete them from everyone, and change the players standings to be sortable by either attack wins or defensive wins. And they should remove medals from the matchmaking algorithm (should have done that years ago, anyway).

Spirit
Major General

Post#178 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

Chaotic999.

I think there is a typo in your message from Disney. Your post said:

. ......"Thank you for playing!""

I think they meant to say:

: "Thank you for PAYING".
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#179 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

Boog wrote:I think it's total bs they are letting this slide when they cashed in big time on all of the medal-capped players who rushed Prestige structures for a shit ton of crystals just to get ahead of the pack on the medal standings. I mean, Carnage has a maxed out Prestige base and was second on the list. It is scary to think how many crystals that took. I can't believe the devs think it is ok to just give him 5K xtals. If they now feel medals are so meaningless, they should just delete them from everyone, and change the players standings to be sortable by either attack wins or defensive wins. And they should remove medals from the matchmaking algorithm (should have done that years ago, anyway).

yep they think medals are worthless so why bother having them at all? makes no sense.

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#180 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

Spirit wrote:Chaotic999.

I think there is a typo in your message from Disney. Your post said:

. ......"Thank you for playing!""

I think they meant to say:

: "Thank you for PAYING".

lol yeah that's the truth.