ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Major General

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#161 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:12 pm

I got the email that they wn't be responding anymore, but I responded back anyways. I'm not going to post my full response here, but I told them that if this was their final solution, they turned a paying customer (me) into a nonpaying customer as I would not allow another nickel to leave my pocket for this game under these circumstances. In case they doubt what I said, I asked them to look into my account to see what I've spent.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#162 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I said basically, "I believe that you as a customer service rep can't fix it. I'm quite sure the devs could, if they wanted."

I reminded them that I'd shared screenshots showing exactly how many medals I lost, and explained why 5,000 crystals (not even enough to accelerate a building upgrade by 4 days) is nowhere near adequate compensation for a loss of medals that take 1000+ hours of gameplay to collect.

I asked them to talk to the dev team about it. This was their reply.

Greetings Commander,

I can certainly understand where you're coming from. That said, our development team has issued the amount of compensation based on the amount of medals lost. Please know that while we will share your negative feedback with our developers, we are unable to adjust your medals or the amount of crystals provided in your compensation crate.

Sincerely,
Chad
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#163 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm

One of my squad mates affected by this has had the "we will resolve without a response" reply, he lost 100k medals and he has just said he is just about done with this game now , same with another member, he has lost all motivation now, and me I am feeling exactly the same, wondering wether to cut my losses and quit, to have so much progress ripped from under you is very hard to take and stay motivated, I have no reason now to attack anyone, I just can't be arsed anymore I am sat on tat on defense, and I couldn't give a fuck if I win or lose. Maybe I wait for zynga to see if they can bring any hope to this dying crap, but right now I have lost all interest. I wonder how many players are affected by this? I would estimate around 50k? 26k squads average 2 players per squad? Just a wild guess, but would be a lot of pissed off players, not that it matters as it won't fix anything.
On a side note I have a feeling Disney are trying to sabotage this game and have been doing since the big loot came in . It certainly feels like they are right now, well just my opinion anyway. Oh well will sleep on it and see if I care enough to play in a few days time.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

CharlieRebeL
Squadron Leader

Post#164 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm

I have made sent similar message to the support team and received a similar dismissive response as others have stated here.

I have not received the we will not response to any more emails on the subject response yet so will carry on sending messages in the meantime.

I’m going to try a different approach tmrw. I’m going to email Zynga and make them aware of the situation and see if they will be able to offer help in restoring medals to players after they take over.

I will be explaining that a lot of experienced long time players have been effected and alienated by this and will have a negative effect on the longevity of the game.
Whether it’s the risk of some players quitting the game ( for the first time I’m considering it ), effects on matchmaking ( lower level players now facing players that are much stronger than them ), reduction in revenue ( im sure their are many that will not spend money anymore if you have the chance of losing what you pay for ) etc etc

I will also be logging a complaint with Apple. I won’t get any compensation from apple as I have not spent any money on the game for over year but I would be asking for a refund if I had and suggest others do if we don’t get our medals back.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#165 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Just unreal that this is the response at this point.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Zapper56
Squadron Leader

Post#166 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

this was my most recent response. basically it is a too bad so sad.
Hi Commander,

I understand you feeling, but our development team has issued compensation based on the amount of medals lost. Please know that while we will share your feedback with our developers, we are unable to adjust the amount of crystals provided in your compensation crate.

Sincerely,
Odra
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#167 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 pm

I can't believe in all that shit about "we can't give your medals back" and "take this crap crate and shut your mouth"! But I'm not surprised.

I will remember one more time the "Groundhog Day" on WIndows when all members in many squads had their base frozen in a previous status that always returned everytime you did login, and all you tried to do and save in your base was lost. They took 3 weeks to fix that, and while the bug didn't affected too many players, our bases were available to attack again and again, and we couldn't do anything -- no requests, no donations, no attacks, nothing worked -- but only the chat to keep our members together while we were waiting for a fix. I lost dozens of defenses and hundred of medals -- it was a time I still worried about medals. I started my Rebel base on iOS/Android while I was waiting.

I still have the Support's response on August 25th 2016:

Hello,
Thanks for responding back with your information! I'm sorry to say that there's no workaround or way around this issue at this time. Our developers are aware of the issue at hand and we have had word from them that we're not to give out compensation and that any would be doled out by them.
We do apologize for this issue. In the meantime, if you have any other questions, please let us know!
Kind regards,
Alannah

I did not have any compensation. Not a single crystal. Nothing. If you believe in conspiracy theories like me, you can think Devs were sabotaging their own game to force the Windows closing, and now they are sabotaging the game again to ruin Zynga chances of get some profit with this crap.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

CharlieRebeL
Squadron Leader

Post#168 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:58 pm

For the last week I have been working on the assumption that some of us lost medals due to some kind of glitch after the update and after a period of time a fix would restore our medals.

This is mainly based on the fact that this has happened to me before and I got the medals back.

My initial response to realising today they they don’t intend to restore our medals was that the devs simply don’t want to spend the time on fixing it and are trying to fob us off with a pitiful amount of crystals instead.

After a bit of thought I’m starting to think that rather than a glitch that they won’t fix, we are actually part of a test group and it is deliberate that some of us have lost medals.

We know they have used test groups a lot in the past. eg Points needed for different stages on EP events, cost and time to swop turrets. Im sure there has been other examples just can’t remember them right now.

There is several reasons why I’m starting to think this:-

The players effected. What links those that have been effected. I’ve read on Line someone saying they thought it was those that where logged on when the update was released, but neither of my bases was logged on until the following day after the update.
The only pattern I’ve thought of is both my squads had 3 people effected, both my bases ( both sitting in number 2 spot in each squad ), someone that was near number 10 spot and someone that was near 20 spot. Fits in with the 3 tiers of crystal comp but probably just coincedance, but my thought is what kind of possible glitch could effect just a few players from each squad and a wide range medal levels if it wasn’t deliberate ( any computer boffins know if this is possible with a random glitch?)
The laws of probability suggest that we should have some squads with lots of players effected and some squads with none if it was purely random!?
Why can they not restore medals if it was a unintended glitch? They have done it before, they knew exactely who was effected and how many medals they lost so must have a record. It could be just a simple fuck you we can’t be bothered to find the fix but the more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense.
Why did they give crystal comp so quickly? It was 2 weeks until I got medals back last time and has taken much longer for other glitches to be resolved. Seems a bit odd they acknowledge some had lost medals and then gave out crystals so quickly afterwards.

I’m sure we will never know the truth , just hope if it was a test group all the players effected spend zero money now so the devs reverse it!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#169 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm

CharlieRebeL wrote:The laws of probability suggest that we should have some squads with lots of players effected and some squads with none if it was purely random!?

No one in my squad was affected.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#170 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 pm

CharlieRebeL wrote:For the last week I have been working on the assumption that some of us lost medals due to some kind of glitch after the update and after a period of time a fix would restore our medals.

This is mainly based on the fact that this has happened to me before and I got the medals back.

My initial response to realising today they they don’t intend to restore our medals was that the devs simply don’t want to spend the time on fixing it and are trying to fob us off with a pitiful amount of crystals instead.

After a bit of thought I’m starting to think that rather than a glitch that they won’t fix, we are actually part of a test group and it is deliberate that some of us have lost medals.

We know they have used test groups a lot in the past. eg Points needed for different stages on EP events, cost and time to swop turrets. Im sure there has been other examples just can’t remember them right now.

There is several reasons why I’m starting to think this:-

The players effected. What links those that have been effected. I’ve read on Line someone saying they thought it was those that where logged on when the update was released, but neither of my bases was logged on until the following day after the update.
The only pattern I’ve thought of is both my squads had 3 people effected, both my bases ( both sitting in number 2 spot in each squad ), someone that was near number 10 spot and someone that was near 20 spot. Fits in with the 3 tiers of crystal comp but probably just coincedance, but my thought is what kind of possible glitch could effect just a few players from each squad and a wide range medal levels if it wasn’t deliberate ( any computer boffins know if this is possible with a random glitch?)
The laws of probability suggest that we should have some squads with lots of players effected and some squads with none if it was purely random!?
Why can they not restore medals if it was a unintended glitch? They have done it before, they knew exactely who was effected and how many medals they lost so must have a record. It could be just a simple fuck you we can’t be bothered to find the fix but the more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense.
Why did they give crystal comp so quickly? It was 2 weeks until I got medals back last time and has taken much longer for other glitches to be resolved. Seems a bit odd they acknowledge some had lost medals and then gave out crystals so quickly afterwards.

I’m sure we will never know the truth , just hope if it was a test group all the players effected spend zero money now so the devs reverse it!

The test theory was mentioned on page 7, post #64
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23800&start=60#p88426

Given that they already compensated with crystals, I doubt if players will get their medals back.

Return to “General Discussions”