ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#151 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am

ImperialDeathStar wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:Many deliberately keep their medal counts low so that they have easier PvP matchmaking. It's not cheating, or using crystals. They just deliberately lose matches. Ever see a defense with only 1 troop dropped and the replay ending straight after?

ROFL! If that's the excuse players are using for not being proficient at the game then I pity them. Medals indicate proficiency. A low medal count means one isn't up to scratch. I don't buy your assertion for one minute that some players intentionally keep their medal count low. That's complete BS. Those who have a small number of medals are just inept players, deal with it! Nice try though ;)

My main base is level 9, rank 18 or so, and has 104,000 medals. I was medal-capped for a couple months at level 8, otherwise I might have 110K+ medals. I also have a level 10 base (prestige in 12 days) that has 1 medal.

Tons of players sandbag medals. OTOH, there are a lot of low-medal players that just flat-out suck. On Windows, sand-bagging was much less of a 'Thing". If a level 10 with under 20K medals showed up in your squad, they almost always were inept.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#152 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am

Spock wrote:
That’s one side of the coin. The other side is these poor lower levels you suggest we start honing our skill on. It’s not fair to them to be matched against me so i can regain what was taken in hopes that maybe in 6 months (if I keep pounding on them) I will be back in my proper matchmaking pool.

Wise words indeed! I really do wonder if the devs have thought through the potential unintended consequences of #medalgate for the community as a whole, never mind all the understandable individual reactions from those that have had their medal counts slashed. Very sadly I am starting to feel that these “cuts” are just a shed load more en route to “death by a thousand...”, at least for some whose disillusion level is now maxed.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

spootieho
Commodore

Post#153 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

Crystal compensation doesnt work out as crystals are way overpriced. Wait times are too high. Crystal requirements are too high. $50 at level x buys about $1 of enjoyment. Thats insane.

Only medal to crystal math that makes sense is for every 1 or 2 medals lost you get 1 crystal.

Disney might think $10,000 in comp is too high, but thats only because their gross greed and ignorance got them to the point where things are that insane.

The real fix to the crystal problem starts with cutting waits by at least 60% across the board. IMO
Last edited by spootieho on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#154 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 am

I emailed a few days ago to ask them to confirm that this was just a "thanks for your patience while we sort this out" crate and not a "here's what you get instead of medals" crate. I got this reply today, which is in line with what was posted above. I'll be responding to let them know I'm not happy.

Thank you for your patience while our team investigated this. We do not have the ability to adjust your medal count; however, the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals, to the affected accounts, based on the amount of medals lost. You will find the crate in your HQ.

That crate that you received is the compensation for the lost medals. Please note that we cannot make any changes regarding your medals or give you a different compensation pack.

May the Force™ be with you!
Edenize
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

Indo
Storm Trooper

Post#155 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

Greetings Commander,

As we stated previously, we do not have the ability to adjust your medal count; however, the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals based on the amount of medals you lost. We are unable to provide any further compensation for the situation as this is the decision made by the Development team.

Please be aware, as we have kindly let you know about the resolve multiple times and compensation has been issued to accounts seeing a decrease in medal counts, any further inquiries about this situation will be resolved without response.

If you have any other questions or concerns, we will be glad to assist.

May the Force be with you,

So basically go f**k yourself, which has annoyed me far more than losing all the medals!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#156 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am

Don't be fooled. They only see you as $$$$$$.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#157 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 am

I have sent in multiple tickets, and have received the same or similar response as some here, also my squad mate is the same. Reading between the lines it looks to me like customer support have their hands tied an cannot make any technical decisions or adjustments to the game and all they can do is write from the cust support training manual with a false smile painted on their faces and cannot and will not give any other information that assumes or goes over the authority of the devs, its as though they are way out of their pay grade and ability to make any decisions or give any advice as to what to do next, they probably dare not for fear of losing their jobs. It looks like the Devs have told customer support that we have give them compensation and that is the end of the matter and even though those players pay our fucking wages we are the fucking devs and we are fucking GODS! we make the fucking rules so do not tell them or offer them any hope whatsoever, just be polite and underhandedly tell all the fucking players to go fuck themselves with their stupid little fucking crates that we are kind enough to allow them to have.
Its the most disrespectful insulting spiteful unprofessional ridiculous attitude I have ever seen in my life they are so out of touch with their paying customers its unreal. The sooner They hand over to Zynga and fuck right out of this game the better, its been a fucking farce since day one, Nice way to end their swc days by shitting all over the people who were loyal and paid for the fucking food on there stupid fucking plates...BASTARDS.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#158 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:25 am

If possible, try not to let it bother you too much. Chaotic. Yes, what happened is pretty inexcusable, but there are millions of people who would trade places with us for these kinds of problems.

That said, you're right: it is their game, with their rules. SWC is not unlike a drug: they know they've addicted many players and can take advantage of them. A reasonable SWC player can say, "That's horse manure. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Cheers." and move on. An addict might insist on keeping the game (drug) and wanting it back to the way it (the fix) was because of the time/money he/she invested. SWC has screwed over its players enough times to know they'll keep right on playing, and paying. We only have three voices: customer support emails (a weak voice), the time we play (a medium voice), and the money we spend (our loudest voice). As long as someone is paying, and enough people are playing (and this game shows it doesn't need many players to survive), they will continue to do as they have done. We can either accept their unfair terms in (unrealistic) hopes of the game getting better/fixed, or we can leave (or, alternately, and hopefully, if you're genuinely enjoying this game in a healthy way and balancing your life goals, commitments, and family, then keep playing).

It's not worth harming ourselves, even mentally, over a mobile game. The loss of our medals is a great illustration of how quickly all of this can go away. And for some of us (maybe myself included), how much it really should.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~157,000 medals. Toddler Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#159 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

The irony of this statement: “We do not have the ability to adjust your medal count” astounds me. Adjusting the medal count is something they have already done. It is literally the f’ing problem.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#160 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:07 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:If possible, try not to let it bother you too much. Chaotic. Yes, what happened is pretty inexcusable, but there are millions of people who would trade places with us for these kinds of problems.

That said, you're right: it is their game, with their rules. SWC is not unlike a drug: they know they've addicted many players and can take advantage of them. A reasonable SWC player can say, "That's horse manure. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Cheers." and move on. An addict might insist on keeping the game (drug) and wanting it back to the way it (the fix) was because of the time/money he/she invested. SWC has screwed over its players enough times to know they'll keep right on playing, and paying. We only have three voices: customer support emails (a weak voice), the time we play (a medium voice), and the money we spend (our loudest voice). As long as someone is paying, and enough people are playing (and this game shows it doesn't need many players to survive), they will continue to do as they have done. We can either accept their unfair terms in (unrealistic) hopes of the game getting better/fixed, or we can leave (or, alternately, and hopefully, if you're genuinely enjoying this game in a healthy way and balancing your life goals, commitments, and family, then keep playing).

It's not worth harming ourselves, even mentally, over a mobile game. The loss of our medals is a great illustration of how quickly all of this can go away. And for some of us (maybe myself included), how much it really should.

Thank you, you talk perfect sense. A level head in all this mess lol, probs what this thread needed.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Return to “General Discussions”