ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#141 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 am

well... I fell from being a clumsy player with many medals to being a clumsy player with many medals less ;-)
Usually sheer firepower sees me through with every once and a again a streak of brilliance or sheer luck.
That being said, interim periods with no high stakes like the past few weeks are great for adopting to new situations (like Sharps GR) and tactics. So if you hang on, show a little patience to learn new ways and do not have the urge to attack every 10 minutes, you can become better.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Spock
Admiral

Post#142 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:well... I fell from being a clumsy player with many medals to being a clumsy player with many medals less ;-)
Usually sheer firepower sees me through with every once and a again a streak of brilliance or sheer luck.
That being said, interim periods with no high stakes like the past few weeks are great for adopting to new situations (like Sharps GR) and tactics. So if you hang on, show a little patience to learn new ways and do not have the urge to attack every 10 minutes, you can become better.

That’s one side of the coin. The other side is these poor lower levels you suggest we start honing our skill on. It’s not fair to them to be matched against me so i can regain what was taken in hopes that maybe in 6 months (if I keep pounding on them) I will be back in my proper matchmaking pool.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#143 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:40 am

..thats the answer my squadmate got, after telling them that this crap of crystals are not enough to get back the medals he had before crash:

"Thank you for sending us your detailed email. As you know, the developers have added a Crate with crystals to the affected accounts as compensation. The amount of crystals was based off the medal loss count. This being said, while we can not modify the amount of medals in your account, I would love to share your comments regarding the compensation for this issue with the rest of the team."

what an attitude folks..... cant believe this butt-kick for their costumers

..so guys forget your medals they will never come back
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Spock
Admiral

Post#144 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 am

StrikerRebel wrote:..thats the answer my squadmate got, after telling them that this crap of crystals are not enough to get back the medals he had before crash:

"Thank you for sending us your detailed email. As you know, the developers have added a Crate with crystals to the affected accounts as compensation. The amount of crystals was based off the medal loss count. This being said, while we can not modify the amount of medals in your account, I would love to share your comments regarding the compensation for this issue with the rest of the team."

I don’t think we should give up. While the truth in that email is that “customer service” can not adjust our medals or increase the compensation, the developers can. They just need to be convinced that they should. We can’t speak directly to the developers so we have to keep going through customer support so that pass our feedback on to the developers.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

thiras
Storm Trooper

Post#145 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:04 am

Keep creating new tickets every day and also send emails to Zynga explaining the mess and lost revenue that they will inherit. Disney can fix this. They just do not want to for the time being.
Convince them that they should.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#146 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:19 am

My initial reaction: dude, medals stink. I worked hard to earn them, and my "reward" is only seeing the glowing Rodian-spawning sonic-burst farms on five of the six planets. I'd trade medals for crystals any day (though what I'd really like is better match-making and bases that can be beaten without SC and air).

My second reaction, though, is that the developers have wronged the players by giving crystals for compensation, and such measly amounts of crystals, too. 5000 crystals will insta-build what, three prestige jets? Very poorly played, Disney, but then again, what else would we expect from this farce of a circus?

Good luck to all, either way.

By the by, DarkRebel and BeththeBoss are right: medals are not a guarantee of a skill, but one possible indicator thereof. If I had this game to start over, I'd also keep my medal count as low as possible in order to get better matchmaking.

May the Force be with you all. Flood support with tickets, stop spending money, and maybe find new, better games. Most of them out there now are better. Shame what this game did to the Star Wars legacy, but that's another rant.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~157,000 medals. Toddler Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

StrikerRebel
Commodore

Post#147 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 am

Spock wrote:
StrikerRebel wrote:..thats the answer my squadmate got, after telling them that this crap of crystals are not enough to get back the medals he had before crash:

I don’t think we should give up. While the truth in that email is that “customer service” can not adjust our medals or increase the compensation, the developers can. They just need to be convinced that they should. We can’t speak directly to the developers so we have to keep going through customer support so that pass our feedback on to the developers.

"get up stand up, stand up for your right" yeah and "dont give up the fight....

you are right spock, but thats a waste of time imo, they pissed on us like they did before with all windows-players and now amazon device
Leader of ActiveDonatorYMW (former TOP 50 Windows-Squad ActiveDonator)
We are on the way to get back in the Top50 and searching for fearless rebels fighting with us against the Empire.
Perks maxxed out at 50 and ranked in the Top200 now....

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#148 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 am

DeathStriker wrote:CharlieRebeL - While the loss of Medals DOES effect PvP Matchmaking the loss of Medals does NOT effect Squad War Matchmaking as War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength of the War Party and not the combined amount of Medals the War Party has.

See my Topic posted here for a better explanation.

Does that thread actually say that only base score counts? The dev said "Matchmaking system evaluates the total strength of Squad E and creates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for the squad as a whole" without saying what goes into the MMR.

Then DaLoc says "It is already based on base score and medals don't matter," skelly says "I have been told its total medals of war squad," pirate says "I don't think there is any hard evidence to back it up but it is likely that Adjusted Base Score is used for squad wars matchmaking similar to PvP. ABS factors medal count into standard base score," and I don't see anything that's obviously conclusive.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#149 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 am

This crystal compensation is just another slap in the face... We must be some kind of idiots for keep playing this crap of a game, and getting slapped in the face again and again, and keep playing like we were asking for more slaps in the face.

I didn't lose any medals -- they are few, 27k, 19k and 15k -- but if I had, I wasn't angry anyway because use medals for matchmaking is too stupid and only forces some players to drop their medals to get easier rivals in PvP.

And how many medals we have is not a proof of efficiency in attacking, you can get more medals through defenses than attack, you can drop medals losing attacks and keep a high number of attacks won, and you can be a sandbagging/mini HQ 10 attacking poor HQs 5 for 3 stars. So number of attacks/medals don't proof how much a SWC badass you are.

But most players here affected are serious players, veterans from Windows, dedicated players for whom to be medal capped is what keeps them playing this stupid game.

1k crystals and 2k crystals are nothing; 5k crystals could help to buy a droid or two if these players don't already have these droids acquired -- then crystals to compensate hundred of hours winning attacks to get the medal cap are useless, and more than a slap in the face, is a disrespect, an insult, an alms to try to shut up all those complaining.

If they know who lost medals, they can put the medals back because they have a register about all players status after the last update and all data backuped. But coming from a company like Disney, I am not surprised with their attitude or if they don't have that data anymore.

Well, back to my SWC vacations.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DeathStriker

Post#150 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:40 am

Chancellor wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:See my Topic posted here for a better explanation.

Does that thread actually say that only base score counts? The dev said "Matchmaking system evaluates the total strength of Squad E and creates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for the squad as a whole" without saying what goes into the MMR.

Chancellor - I don't want to get this Topic Off Topic so my final answer is - you answered your own question.

The dev said "Matchmaking system evaluates the total strength of Squad E and creates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for the squad as a whole"

"total strength" = Total Base Strength (Base Scores) and so Medals are NOT used to in MMR Algorithm.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”