ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Schruaf
Major General

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#131 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Only the guys who lost medals, got the compensation crate. The guys who didn't send a tickest got the crate too.
So they know who lost medals.
Depending on how many medals you lost you got 1, 2 or 5k crystals.
So they know the amount of medals everyone lost.

They know who and they know how many medals were lost.
Where is now the fucking problem to give the medals back????

That reminds me of the windows shut down. There they had all information about all the accounts too and were not able to bring the data to the new server.

Josketer
Commodore

Post#132 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm

In my case it's 2 years and 3 months playing this game. 11300 battles won, rank 19, i had 104 K medals..Now due to an error that they committed, I have 14,400 medals. I no longer believe I can recover 90K medals ,by attacking again. I were a little over 2 years attacking to get those medals ... A lot of time, whose effort has now been lost forever....
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 19--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#133 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm

CharlieRebeL wrote:Hopefully if enough people that lost medals complain they will reconsider their response and compensation decision. As I said previously in this thread a while back I lost over 100k medals is the same way a while back and got the medals back after 2 weeks so fail to see why they shouldnt be able to do the same again this time.
In their responses they state that “we” do not have the ability to adjust our medal count. Probably wishful thinking on my part but hoping that “we” is the support team and not the developers as well and something will still be done to fix the issue.
I definitely cared a lot about my medals, I’ve put in way too many hrs in to gaining my medals to stay near the top of the leaderboard And help my squad stay in or near the top 100 squads.
I was on 157k medals and lost 141k, squad has lost 270k if you include the others that have lost medals.
I don’t care I now have easier matchmaking, I already did fine in conflicts when I wanted to. I have also already done the hard work of unlocking and upgrading the majority of the things I want to so really gain very little from having the chance to attack lower level and less experienced players.
Personally no amount of crystals would make any difference to me, even if I could crystal every attack it would still take hundreds of hrs to do the amount of attacks needed to regain my medals and would take at least a year before I reach the same match making I was at before.
My biggest concern is how the loss of medals will effect wars, especially elite no op wars. I enjoy visiting other squads to help in no op wars when I can. It’s hard enough to get squads matched already for elite no ops , surely having players with 16k medals instead of 157k will have an effect on a squads war matches!?
I have written a new complaint tonight to support stating that I don’t want more crystals and they are welcome to take the pitiful 5k medals back, I just want back what I had already worked hard to gain

Well said I couldn't agree more, I was also thinking along similar lines, I am getting loads of Def wins from low lvl 10s and 9s and really easy low 10s and 9s to attack, but I have done all that and want to be where I was playing with experienced players not attacking lame nooby bases with there SC and gr out in the open , it's way too easy and is not good for the game imo, my squad has lost over 200k medals from this debacle from 3 of us who are very experienced maxed out players , so is it affecting our war match ups? Well the last war we had 14 lvl prest and 1 lvl9 they had a 5,6,7, few 8s 9s and 2 rushed prestige bases that looked more like lvl6 with a gold hq, so it's not just affected players who lost medals but PvP and war mm, imo. So with matching already a joke it's gonna get even worse for lower lvls. I think.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

DeathStriker

Post#134 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:41 pm

CharlieRebeL wrote:My biggest concern is how the loss of medals will effect wars, especially elite no op wars. I enjoy visiting other squads to help in no op wars when I can. It’s hard enough to get squads matched already for elite no ops , surely having players with 16k medals instead of 157k will have an effect on a squads war matches!?

CharlieRebeL - While the loss of Medals DOES effect PvP Matchmaking the loss of Medals does NOT effect Squad War Matchmaking as War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength of the War Party and not the combined amount of Medals the War Party has.

See my Topic posted here for a better explanation.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

CharlieRebeL
Squadron Leader

Post#135 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:28 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
CharlieRebeL wrote:My biggest concern is how the loss of medals will effect wars, especially elite no op wars. I enjoy visiting other squads to help in no op wars when I can. It’s hard enough to get squads matched already for elite no ops , surely having players with 16k medals instead of 157k will have an effect on a squads war matches!?

CharlieRebeL - While the loss of Medals DOES effect PvP Matchmaking the loss of Medals does NOT effect Squad War Matchmaking as War Matchmaking is based upon the combined Base Strength of the War Party and not the combined amount of Medals the War Party has.

See my Topic posted here for a better explanation.

Thanks DS, I did know this already, just forgot while I’ve been ranting about losing my medals :lol: Also our war that just finished was against the weakest squad we have faced for nearly a year, was just jumping to conclusions on that 1.

Regardless, I still want my medals back not crystals
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion

ImperialDeathStar
Lieutenant

Post#136 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 am

Schruaf wrote:Only the guys who lost medals, got the compensation crate. The guys who didn't send a tickest got the crate too.

This is simply not true. Some people (including myself) have had no compensation and our medals are still missing!

ImperialDeathStar
Lieutenant

Post#137 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 am

darthdoodie wrote:Many deliberately keep their medal counts low so that they have easier PvP matchmaking. It's not cheating, or using crystals. They just deliberately lose matches. Ever see a defense with only 1 troop dropped and the replay ending straight after?

ROFL! If that's the excuse players are using for not being proficient at the game then I pity them. Medals indicate proficiency. A low medal count means one isn't up to scratch. I don't buy your assertion for one minute that some players intentionally keep their medal count low. That's complete BS. Those who have a small number of medals are just inept players, deal with it! Nice try though ;)

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#138 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 am

ImperialDeathStar wrote:ROFL! If that's the excuse players are using for not being proficient at the game then I pity them. Medals indicate proficiency. A low medal count means one isn't up to scratch. I don't buy your assertion for one minute that some players intentionally keep their medal count low. That's complete BS. Those who have a small number of medals are just inept players, deal with it! Nice try though ;)

up until a couple of months ago, I had under 1000 medals. I was rank 22....~13000 wins.
I'm now rank 23, 14400 wins, 51K medals
Medal count has next to no relation to one's proficiency....I've had many (previously) medal capped players faceplanting on my ex-HQ9
I don't buy, for one second, your assertion that medals indicate the quality of player ;)

Beththeboss
Commander

Post#139 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 am

ImperialDeathStar wrote:
ROFL! If that's the excuse players are using for not being proficient at the game then I pity them. Medals indicate proficiency. A low medal count means one isn't up to scratch. I don't buy your assertion for one minute that some players intentionally keep their medal count low. That's complete BS. Those who have a small number of medals are just inept players, deal with it! Nice try though ;)

Proficiency is 100% NOT indicated by medal count. Medals just show someone who has played a lot and does not in any way show the quality of their play.

Unfortunately your assertion is complete BS, there are plenty in the game who keep medals low same as there are plenty who keep base scores low.
Empire Lvl 11 95k+ medals (Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 9 14k+ medals (Circleof.Sabers)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#140 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:19 am

So there are players who intentionally dropped their medals ...
And there are also experienced players who restarted the base (ex-Window players) or started a second base ...
Those are the exception though.
In general, medal count DOES represent a level of experience (hence implies skills and knowledge)..
In general, high medal count players are better than low medal count players.

Return to “General Discussions”