ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: ISSUE: Medal Count Not Displaying Properly

Post#121 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 pm

ImperialDeathStar wrote:Offering a small amount of crystals is pitiful for such a humiliating cock up! They must offer better compensation and they must restore the missing medals!

Medals determine one's rank in a squad, and it is hugely humiliating for a player to go from number 1 to number 17 for example, through no fault of his own.

Low-medalled but high-HQed players are also highly suspicious. Most would consider them to be cheats (crystal hack?) and therefore not worth having in a squad as they are not committed. For instance, it's simply not possible to be prestige with only 2,000 medals unless one uses huge quantities of crystals. Sadly, the game is getting littered with these so-called 'faux prestiges' these days and one must wonder how/why (crystal hack?)...

And the really sad thing is that this missing medal debacle #medalgate now brands a commited and experienced player as one of these cheats. I suspect many will leave as a result.

Good god there is so much to unpackage here ... cheating? humiliating? lol :lol:

Such a lack of understanding ... entertaining though ... thanks!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ForceMel
Major General

Post#122 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi FM,

While I understand your frustration, our development team has issued compensation based on the amount of medals lost. Please know that while we will share your feedback with our developers, we don´t have the ability to modify the amount of medals in your account.

Sincerely,

Odra

Response to this nonsense:

I was at the medal cap for 159,000 medals. One of my squad mates was also medal capped at 152,000. We've had our legs cut out from under us in a competitive situation by those who run the game, and all they do is give us what amounts to almost nothing as an apology. 5,000 crystals really does nothing to help me in this situation. You know as well as I do this game is gasping for air as the player population continues to dwindle. I've been here from the beginning of the game with various bases. Their reaction to the screw up is only going to cause players to leave even faster. They need to come up with something much better than this if they hope to save anything. This response, if anything, is very embarrassing to them. Tell them to go back to the drawing board, and come up with something else. 5000 crystals isn't even in the same galaxy much less ball park.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Edited Quote To Prevent Confusion
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DeathStriker

Post#123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:12 pm

ForceMel wrote:Well, it's official. Here is the response I just got:

Thank you for your patience while our team investigated this. We do not have the ability to adjust your medal count; however, the development team has issued a compensation crate of crystals for the affected accounts based on the amount of medals lost, in your case the 5,000 crystals mentioned.

This being said, please know that the compensations are up to the developers, and I would love to share your comments with them.

Sincerely,

Odra

Needless to say, I am sending a reply.

ForceMel wrote:
Hi FM,

While I understand your frustration, our development team has issued compensation based on the amount of medals lost. Please know that while we will share your feedback with our developers, we don´t have the ability to modify the amount of medals in your account.

Sincerely,

Odra

Response to this nonsense:

I was at the medal cap for 159,000 medals. One of my squad mates was also medal capped at 152,000. We've had our legs cut out from under us in a competitive situation by those who run the game, and all they do is give us what amounts to almost nothing as an apology. 5,000 crystals really does nothing to help me in this situation. You know as well as I do this game is gasping for air as the player population continues to dwindle. I've been here from the beginning of the game with various bases. Their reaction to the screw up is only going to cause players to leave even faster. They need to come up with something much better than this if they hope to save anything. This response, if anything, is very embarrassing to them. Tell them to go back to the drawing board, and come up with something else. 5000 crystals isn't even in the same galaxy much less ball park.

Sad news for those effected by #MedalGate to whom Medals are important.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spock
Admiral

Post#124 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Totally agree with forceMel.
If anyone is not happy with the compensation or the fact they will not get their medals back you just have to let them know. We all do.
Keep opening tickets and show them this is not acceptable.
Fix the medals or provide adequate compensation so we can easily regain the medals that have been stolen from us by no fault of our own.

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#125 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Spock wrote:Totally agree with forceMel.
If anyone is not happy with the compensation or the fact they will not get their medals back you just have to let them know. We all do.
Keep opening tickets and show them this is not acceptable.
Fix the medals or provide adequate compensation so we can easily regain the medals that have been stolen from us by no fault of our own.

Yup. Many tickets have been sent.

In my usual empathic tone.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#126 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Crystals fix a lot of things in this game, but medals is not one of them. There really is no equivalent amount of crystals for that.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ForceMel
Major General

Post#127 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Shelendil wrote:Crystals fix a lot of things in this game, but medals is not one of them. There really is no equivalent amount of crystals for that.

True, but give me six figures in crystals so I can crystal every single attack and gain medals as fast as I can
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#128 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Reading over the comments here tell me how much people still care about their medals.

Chaotic999
Captain

Post#129 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Absolutely pathetic way to resolve an idiotic amateurish error on Thier behalf, it's gotta be the most insulting epic fail they ever come up with, they have totally humiliated themselves in the swc and gaming community, they have lost any shred of self respect and shown true incompetence of the worst kind. The compensation is a massive fuck you and disgusting insult to all the players here who have put in months even years of grinding to gain these medals. What a sorry bunch of fucking lame bastards the Disney development team really are.
I would urge every player who values fair play and decency to send in at least 1 ticket every day until these fucking bastards wake the fuck up and do the right thing and give us a correct amount of compensation.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

CharlieRebeL
Squadron Leader

Post#130 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Hopefully if enough people that lost medals complain they will reconsider their response and compensation decision. As I said previously in this thread a while back I lost over 100k medals is the same way a while back and got the medals back after 2 weeks so fail to see why they shouldnt be able to do the same again this time.
In their responses they state that “we” do not have the ability to adjust our medal count. Probably wishful thinking on my part but hoping that “we” is the support team and not the developers as well and something will still be done to fix the issue.
I definitely cared a lot about my medals, I’ve put in way too many hrs in to gaining my medals to stay near the top of the leaderboard And help my squad stay in or near the top 100 squads.
I was on 157k medals and lost 141k, squad has lost 270k if you include the others that have lost medals.
I don’t care I now have easier matchmaking, I already did fine in conflicts when I wanted to. I have also already done the hard work of unlocking and upgrading the majority of the things I want to so really gain very little from having the chance to attack lower level and less experienced players.
Personally no amount of crystals would make any difference to me, even if I could crystal every attack it would still take hundreds of hrs to do the amount of attacks needed to regain my medals and would take at least a year before I reach the same match making I was at before.
My biggest concern is how the loss of medals will effect wars, especially elite no op wars. I enjoy visiting other squads to help in no op wars when I can. It’s hard enough to get squads matched already for elite no ops , surely having players with 16k medals instead of 157k will have an effect on a squads war matches!?
I have written a new complaint tonight to support stating that I don’t want more crystals and they are welcome to take the pitiful 5k medals back, I just want back what I had already worked hard to gain

Return to “General Discussions”