Dev Base revenge attacks

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
luke50

Dev Base revenge attacks

Post#1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:25 pm

I remember a line from a Bruce Lee movie, where he said something to the effect that boards don't hit back, when a rival fighter broke a board in front of him with a strike. What if dev bases did hit back? Scripted attacks along the lines of the Heroic Defense attacks. The trigger would be random attacks from the dev bases that you attacked. That would ensure more defensive activity. I don't think it would be wise to allow them to generate conflict points, because of balance issues, but occasional crates? Just thinking out loud. Much more thought needs to be put into this, but this just came to mind as I was reading through other posts.

LS

DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: Dev Base revenge attacks

Post#2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:31 am

luke50 wrote:I remember a line from a Bruce Lee movie, where he said something to the effect that boards don't hit back, when a rival fighter broke a board in front of him with a strike. What if dev bases did hit back? Scripted attacks along the lines of the Heroic Defense attacks. The trigger would be random attacks from the dev bases that you attacked. That would ensure more defensive activity. I don't think it would be wise to allow them to generate conflict points, because of balance issues, but occasional crates? Just thinking out loud. Much more thought needs to be put into this, but this just came to mind as I was reading through other posts.

LS

We already had it. It's called hero defense. You get crates for winning and no gears awarded.

luke50

Post#3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am

That's understood. These would not be initiated by the player, but randomly. Like I said, just thinking out loud. What triggered this thought was my rebel base gets attacked more often than my test Empire base. Less opportunity for defensive wins. If dev bases attacked to make up the difference, the thought was it would be a way to level the playing field a bit. Probably a dumb idea. lOL

LS

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:26 am

luke50 wrote:I remember a line from a Bruce Lee movie, where he said something to the effect that boards don't hit back, when a rival fighter broke a board in front of him with a strike. What if dev bases did hit back? Scripted attacks along the lines of the Heroic Defense attacks. The trigger would be random attacks from the dev bases that you attacked. That would ensure more defensive activity. I don't think it would be wise to allow them to generate conflict points, because of balance issues, but occasional crates? Just thinking out loud. Much more thought needs to be put into this, but this just came to mind as I was reading through other posts.

LS

That would be interesting. Couldn't hurt :)
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am

luke50 wrote:That's understood. These would not be initiated by the player, but randomly. Like I said, just thinking out loud. What triggered this thought was my rebel base gets attacked more often than my test Empire base. Less opportunity for defensive wins. If dev bases attacked to make up the difference, the thought was it would be a way to level the playing field a bit. Probably a dumb idea. lOL

LS

Just my 2 cents:
Personally ...
- I do want to see more defense, but not those from a bot.
- Don't want to beef up defense stat this way either. It waters down the meaning of defense wins.
- If I want to test my defense against a bot attack, I can use hero defense.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am

Nooooooooo!

At first, it would be funny being attacked by my old favorites largekenobi, Private Diva, Captainapples or Queen Jamillia... :D

But -- if Dev bases are OP and have a multiplier of 500% damage against your base (Devs are evil, don't forget) and you lose any defense by 100%? And if any Dev base attacked could revenge anytime they want like a curse for you have attacked them? :shock:

This could mean more players under protection and less real bases available to others to attack, and they will have to attack more Dev bases, and Dev bases will revenge and put more players under protection... :o

OMG, hope Devs don't read this thread... this would be the end of SWC... :lol:
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

luke50

Post#7 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 am

mkenobi,

Very good points. Strike this thread! LOL.

LS

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 am

What if the dev base revenge was just a simple mirror of your own attack? (as far as they can be mirrored anyways, with different troops and UCs) The 'dev mirror revenge' could be random (1 out of 10 chance in a revenge within 1 day) and could even mimic the timing of your drops, hero, and armory equipment.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 am

And why I can't train units to attack my own base? This could be more funny that play HDs or if Dev bases could attack in revenge, so I can figure out a better way to adjust my defenses, use my buildings and what units keep in SC, and test if Tognaths are more effective than Speeders, or buffed Jets are better than Sullustan, etc...

My dream in this game is attack my Imperial Prestige with my Rebel Prestige and see if I am a good attacker as Rebel, and then get a revenge with my Imperial Prestige... But as they aren't in the same BS, think is the reason why I never found my other base while grinding on the same planet...

I was able to attack my Imperial base with my Rebel base only once on Windows when both were HQ 6 -- and my Rebel won by 2 stars! :lol:
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:23 am

mkenobi wrote:And why I can't train units to attack my own base?

That would be a good feature, though as a dual-faction game, your base would only be attacked by players of the opposite factions so the test feature (base attacked by troops of the same faction) would not be a good representative of real PVP defense.

Return to “General Discussions”