Lower the amount of Loot available from Dev bases

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DGspot
Storm Trooper

Lower the amount of Loot available from Dev bases

Post#1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 am

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum so appologies if this has been posted before.
Whilst it has been great for most players to be able to quickly and very easily upgrade their bases , don't we think these mega loot dev bases are having a negative effect on overall game experience?
For me, this game is supposed to be an online PvP game, raiding and being raided by real players. At the moment, nearly all players are raiding only dev bases, therefore very very few defences.
Do any of the devs read these forums? Why not lower the amount of Loot found on these dev bases. For example . Lower CB from 300k to 30k, alloy and credits to 400k. By doing this, players can still use dev bases as a source to upgrade but actually need to work much harder and longer for it, having to do 10+ raids for each upgrade.
Would this not then encourage some players to start raiding real bases again where 90k CB, 1.2 million alloy and credits can be had?

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Lower the amount of Loot available from Dev bases

Post#2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:01 am

The number of players decreased too much in the last months, and the high number of real bases available to attack now is only because no one is attacking real bases because:

1) Dev bases have better loot;
2) Dev bases are easy 3-stars because they haven't Guard Reserve, buffed turrets and troops in SC;

Lower the loot on Dev bases only would force players to attack more Dev bases for the same amount of loot they need.

Lower too much the amount of resources in Dev bases to force players to attack real bases for loot again, will make everyone to attack everyone, and soon real bases will become rare because everyone will be under protection, and what you will find will be Dev bases with poor resources.

Before Prestige be released, all Dev bases at Level 10 had a misery of 4-5k resources, what didn't pay the troops costs to attack. The mega loot Dev bases only exist to convince players to keep upgrading their bases, and buy crystals to rush some upgrades for start a new upgrade.

Reducing the amount of resources for all levels of Dev bases will make progress harder for anyone at any level -- specially for Prestige players when all you can find are poor Dev bases.

Reducing protection time would help to provide more real bases available to attack - but it would also lessen the loot on those bases, because they would be attacked more often.

This is the SWC "Butterfly Effect", a little change here and the whole game is affected.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

TNT
Major General

Post#3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:10 am

Hi and welcome. :)

I'm of two minds on this.
On the one hand I agree completely, the mega devbases are a bit much. This is supposed to be PVP, but it surely isn't now.

On the other hand I've been having a good time again lately.
Here's why.
The dev bases provide me with the following things:
1: Having mostly lvl9 units means the Devbases provide me with a decent challenge, I can mess up and still pull through with some minor sprinkling of air. They also provide me the ability to try out new units and loadouts. Compare live bases where only 2 units are viable and a minor mistake (or miscalculation in lvl skins) and you lose with no amount of air or sc can save you.
2: Dev bases have varied layouts. Compare live imperial bases which have 2 layouts. The box filled with snipers and burst/sonics and the stump forest box filled with snipers and bursts/sonics.
3: Resources. Depending on the dev base I need anywhere between 2-5 attacks to completely fill my vaults. Most Imperial bases are now the same because they also attack a lot of dev bases.
So devbases are way more fun and rewarding for me to attack than a live base.

You can remove the resources, but I'm still not going to attack you unless I really really need the resources (which is once a week thanks to long build times), but how will you have the massive amount of resources to make it worthwhile without the dev bases?

Further compounding the problem are the currently running events. We need points to get into the top2% and get the frags (provided there's something worthwhile to get).
Dev bases provide nearly the same amount of points as a live base, but for a much much much smaller risk.
I personally attribute the recent high scores in the gears requirements on the planets on how much easier it has become to get the gears. I've established several personal records during the SharpShooter events because it's so quick to attack the devbases for full points compared to the old days where there were less devbases.

Dev bases also pop up so frequently now compared to the old days is because the population is divided across the planets, which is because no one wants to attack.
Imps want the massive advantage the ATACT gives them on attack to make it easier and thus stay on green and rebels have no hero equivalent in utility and as such stay mostly on desert planets.

In the end the core problem lies in the terrible armory balance with the horrible GR vs Jets problem.

Attacking live bases just isn't fun anymore (probably for neither rebels nor imperials) thanks to the aforementioned armory problems. Fix that and everything else will fix itself.

As long as the Armory remains as is, my current suggestion would be to half the Dev base money bins to allow us to still gain the resources, but at a slightly slower rate. It will still not cause you to be attacked much though.
I would never turn them back into the anemic versions they were before the mega devbases.

The thing that Mkenobi is missing in his otherwise perfect post is that even when the bases were anemic people were still searching them out in order to participate in conflicts and try out loadouts.

Though it does make me wonder what would happen if they would turn off the devbases completely and protection after attack wouldn't work anymore. Would that cause people to gravitate to 1 planet fixing the CNFO in general?
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:57 am

By now there are so few real players left it would be a nice solution to go back to a one planet galaxy… keep the others just as outpost planets for wars.

Alternatively, make Sullust a regular no-armory planet and most will flock there anyway, at least for real old-style PvP. Leave the others for harvesting loot
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:09 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:By now there are so few real players left it would be a nice solution to go back to a one planet galaxy… keep the others just as outpost planets for wars.

Alternatively, make Sullust a regular no-armory planet and most will flock there anyway, at least for real old-style PvP. Leave the others for harvesting loot

If there was a non armory planet, I think they could make it so that you have to earn your way there somehow, with real attacks or from war participations. And you could only stay on there for a limited amount of time, like an hour or two?
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:11 am

TNT wrote:Hi and welcome. :)

I'm of two minds on this.
On the one hand I agree completely, the mega devbases are a bit much. This is supposed to be PVP, but it surely isn't now.

On the other hand I've been having a good time again lately.
Here's why.
The dev bases provide me with the following things:
1: Having mostly lvl9 units means the Devbases provide me with a decent challenge, I can mess up and still pull through with some minor sprinkling of air. They also provide me the ability to try out new units and loadouts. Compare live bases where only 2 units are viable and a minor mistake (or miscalculation in lvl skins) and you lose with no amount of air or sc can save you.
2: Dev bases have varied layouts. Compare live imperial bases which have 2 layouts. The box filled with snipers and burst/sonics and the stump forest box filled with snipers and bursts/sonics.
3: Resources. Depending on the dev base I need anywhere between 2-5 attacks to completely fill my vaults. Most Imperial bases are now the same because they also attack a lot of dev bases.
So devbases are way more fun and rewarding for me to attack than a live base.

You can remove the resources, but I'm still not going to attack you unless I really really need the resources (which is once a week thanks to long build times), but how will you have the massive amount of resources to make it worthwhile without the dev bases?

Further compounding the problem are the currently running events. We need points to get into the top2% and get the frags (provided there's something worthwhile to get).
Dev bases provide nearly the same amount of points as a live base, but for a much much much smaller risk.
I personally attribute the recent high scores in the gears requirements on the planets on how much easier it has become to get the gears. I've established several personal records during the SharpShooter events because it's so quick to attack the devbases for full points compared to the old days where there were less devbases.

Dev bases also pop up so frequently now compared to the old days is because the population is divided across the planets, which is because no one wants to attack.
Imps want the massive advantage the ATACT gives them on attack to make it easier and thus stay on green and rebels have no hero equivalent in utility and as such stay mostly on desert planets.

In the end the core problem lies in the terrible armory balance with the horrible GR vs Jets problem.

Attacking live bases just isn't fun anymore (probably for neither rebels nor imperials) thanks to the aforementioned armory problems. Fix that and everything else will fix itself.

As long as the Armory remains as is, my current suggestion would be to half the Dev base money bins to allow us to still gain the resources, but at a slightly slower rate. It will still not cause you to be attacked much though.
I would never turn them back into the anemic versions they were before the mega devbases.

The thing that Mkenobi is missing in his otherwise perfect post is that even when the bases were anemic people were still searching them out in order to participate in conflicts and try out loadouts.

Though it does make me wonder what would happen if they would turn off the devbases completely and protection after attack wouldn't work anymore. Would that cause people to gravitate to 1 planet fixing the CNFO in general?

Pretty much agree with this. I wouldn't completely kill the mega loot bases for above mentioned reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went from 250,000CB to 90-100,000CB.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:18 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:By now there are so few real players left it would be a nice solution to go back to a one planet galaxy… keep the others just as outpost planets for wars.

Yes, the number of real players for any level has dropped so much that if you skipp three dozens of real bases while grinding, you finish being matched with the same bases you already skipped again and again. If all are under protection, you finish with CNFO. That's why you can't remove the Dev bases.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Centaur
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:57 am

Do we have any stats anywhere on how much player population we’ve lost?
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:09 am

Centaur wrote:Do we have any stats anywhere on how much player population we’ve lost?

Centaur - See my Post found here.

That should answer your question.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 am

This game provides different things for each of us. I like attacking but pay little attention to defs and get no pleasure out of defs, revenges etc. Some mainly defend, others do revenges. Forcing players to attack or defend when they dont want to, will drive players away.
The biggest reason in my view, that beginners leave the game after a few days is almost certainly being trashed by sandbaggers.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Return to “General Discussions”