Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1076

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#11 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:05 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
Ghost666 wrote:
ChiptheFish wrote:I'd probably quit.

I dont remember the last time i attacked a "human" base...MONTHS ago...
(I attack once or twice each WEEK anyway...since GR become rule)

Very odd gaming experience if you think about it...
We are on a PVP GAME, actively AVOIDING PVP!!!

(I do Squad Wars...that is actually the only thing left that still is somewhat fun)

Agree 100%. The game is broken when we are avoiding the main engine of the game, PvP. I definitely enjoy attacking another real player's base. If I lose because it was well designed and a surprise in the SC, kudos to the owner... I even enjoy that. But losing to OP buffed burst turrets and skinned snipers/jets? Not fun.

The awful truth. A PvP game where everyone now prefers the enjoying of the PvE...

But not only losing, because lose is part of the game, but lose 3, 4, 5 attacks in a row because you don't used full SC and all ships you have, and if you do, have to wait about 20min to request troops and more than 2h to reload ships to attack again is not my idea of fun -- Disney needs players buying crystals but at least they could make rush loadout cheaper and with less cooking time for all ships.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


Beththeboss
Commander
Posts: 45

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#12 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:43 am

You don’t HAVE to just attack dev bases! I’ve sat both my bases on Tat for the last month or so and I haven’t hit a dev base in all that time, nor am I expecting to as an imp on Tat.

I enjoy hitting the real bases and get more than enough loot from them. I don’t win them all but real bases are far more fun than dev bases.

The only scarce resource in this game prior to the mega dev bases was CB. Alloy and especially credits were easy to come by but CB took a lot of dedication that most players just couldn’t give. I’d be happy if they just balanced the mega loot bases to give a reasonable amount of CB, say 20k, and cut everything else back to previous low levels.
Empire Lvl 11 95k+ medals (Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 9 14k+ medals (Circleof.Sabers)


User avatar
Ghost666
Major General
Posts: 349

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am

Beththeboss wrote:You don’t HAVE to just attack dev bases! I’ve sat both my bases on Tat for the last month or so and I haven’t hit a dev base in all that time, nor am I expecting to as an imp on Tat.

I enjoy hitting the real bases and get more than enough loot from them. I don’t win them all but real bases are far more fun than dev bases.

Well...that takes me to GR update...

It made attacking PLAYER BASES boring and risky...

ONLY loadout that has a reasonable chance of success is Jumps...lots of them and with all buffs...
Jumps are used en masse...with some finesse to bait SC, GR and sonics...but still a brute force approach...
Game often "forces" player to use air support and dekkas...which then are slow to rebuild...


If i had to attack PLAYERS to get the resources for prestige upgrades i would have to win AT LEAST 5 GOOD ATTACKS in a ROW...thats consecutive playing for 2h or MORE...usually much more as attacks often go sour...
So...not fun...not rewarding...feels a lot like work...
In fact...it feels A LOT that game is pushing players to use real money...
BUT...then we got the dev bases "freebies"...so i am confused...

If not for squad wars...i would have uninstalled...
If not by dev bases i would not be attacking (outside wars)...
If i wasnt on a nice squad and had a dumb and misplaced sense of "duty"...i would not be here AT ALL...

SO...i live in dev bases welfare...one or two attacks each week to keep the golden droid working...geez...i feel like a dumb carrot chasing donkey...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto


Decimates

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#14 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am

I was finding a ton of dev bases on Er'Kit, but not so much now. As a lv7, the resources are nice and 1 base fills me up. Rarely a 3 star battle due to lv difference. I also attack active imp bases for resources and medals. Other times I just destroy their dekas so they have to rebuild them. Either way it is fun for me. Guard reserves can be annoying, but brings a challenge to the game.


AlaricSkywalker
Commander
Posts: 35

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#15 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 am

I think the reason we haven't seen so many dev bases lately is because, while waiting for the maintenance to kick in, no one has done any wars. As a result, more people are looking for targets to attack so they're taking out the dev bases more than we are. Once the maintenance is done and we can war again, we'll probably see the dev bases return again. It could also be that they're coming up with prestige dev bases for level 10s and prestiges to test their skills on (and a level 9 can do the same, I had to burn squad base troops to do it on one prestige who didn't have perks on but had his own squad troops, but it's possible), but we'll find out once we can get in again.


User avatar
dbgman
Captain
Posts: 50

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#16 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 am

Dev bases on tats is slim pickings. i had to skip like 10-20 bases to find one. I just switched my loadout back to attacking human bases.


User avatar
geoman48
Major General
Posts: 387

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#17 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:01 am

ChiptheFish wrote:Agree 100%. The game is broken when we are avoiding the main engine of the game, PvP. I definitely enjoy attacking another real player's base. If I lose because it was well designed and a surprise in the SC, kudos to the owner... I even enjoy that. But losing to OP buffed burst turrets and skinned snipers/jets? Not fun.


+1
Image


shazahm1
Captain
Posts: 72

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#18 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 am

Beththeboss wrote:You don’t HAVE to just attack dev bases! I’ve sat both my bases on Tat for the last month or so and I haven’t hit a dev base in all that time, nor am I expecting to as an imp on Tat.

I enjoy hitting the real bases and get more than enough loot from them. I don’t win them all but real bases are far more fun than dev bases.


I too am an Imp camped on Tat. Coming across a dev base is very, very rare. Being a mediocre player at best I'm doing alright, even against the Reb Sniper GR/Sully combo. Judging purely on the spawn rate I'd guess they at least lvl5 on average.

I know lots of you say the only way to win is healship and all jumps ... but I only take 10 jumps. The rest is a loadout of other assorted troops. Granted most my wins are only 2* with the occasional 1* and 3* with a win rate of about 70%.

Perhaps I'm lucky or its just the player pool I'm in ... dunno.

Just for reference, I'm basically a gold plated lvl9 player. Vader and jumps only @ lvlX with all 3 transports gold plated. Everything else @lvl9.


User avatar
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral
Posts: 630

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#19 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 am

I haven't been able to find a dev base anywhere but Er'Kit for almost a week now. See my signature for my faction/base score/medal count.
Image
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~157,000 medals. Toddler Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.


User avatar
GlockShanty
Lieutenant
Posts: 10

Re: Have Dev Bases Been Turned Off?

Post#20 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am

I noticed this a couple of days ago on Takodana. I went out to get some loot for an upgrade and found only real player bases. It took me three restarted match attempts and quite a lot of skipping before I found a loot dev base.
Imperial
Officer in givethemnothing squad
Playing since August 2014


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], NazgulNick, Prime, Spirit, TNT and 47 guests