GALACTIC CONFLICT - Enhanced Walkers (AT-AP / AT-MP) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

GALACTIC CONFLICT - Enhanced Walkers (AT-AP / AT-MP) - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Galactic Conflict - Enhanced Walkers (Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP)

In-Game Developer Notes - 11-22-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Week #1 discussion begins here.

RELATED TOPIC: NEW ARMORY EQUIPMENT: Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP - Discussion Topic

Let the Discussion begin...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

luke50

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP Armory Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:49 pm

I think this unit may help the lower level rebel players, who have transport capacity issues. Almost the same damage with the buff and same multiplier as the Jugg for rebels. I can't speak for the Empire players. The low health can be worked around with high health troops as buffers. Most of these players do not have infiltrators, so they don't have an efficient shield buster. Still amazes me that players struggle to win at levels 4-7. It should be so easy at those levels.

LS

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - New Rebel AT-AP / Empire AT-MP Armory Equipment - Discussion Topic

Post#3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Low level players can't use it, though, since you need an armory. By level 6, you already have juggs or ATAT's, so these vehicles are already outdated.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks Devs for giving such useless units... This means a few more weeks on vacation for my 4 SWC accounts and keep using my free time to test other games.

I no longer want to play conflicts, no matter what the reward is. I'm still waiting for the events to return. Or for some good change that makes Squad Wars worth it again after this maintenance.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:04 pm

luke50 wrote:I think this unit may help the lower level rebel players, who have transport capacity issues. Almost the same damage with the buff and same multiplier as the Jugg for rebels. I can't speak for the Empire players. The low health can be worked around with high health troops as buffers. Most of these players do not have infiltrators, so they don't have an efficient shield buster. Still amazes me that players struggle to win at levels 4-7. It should be so easy at those levels.

LS

Jugg wasn’t effective until shield edge targeting and wall crushing abilities added.
ATAP, even with improved dps and health, may still not be sufficient to take on bases with armory and GR troops. Well, if they can have the same shield targeting and wall crushing abilities as jugg, then perhaps. Until then ...

EdibleKarlos
Commander

Post#6 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 pm

perhaps as a defence option in SC? expensive UC on them, but with the damage buff perhaps could take down Jets? slow so will take longer to BnK, though easily Air'd. does mean rebs dropping a couple of E50's to make room though :-)

geoman48
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:38 am

While I don't see this new unit unlock worth the grind, I applaud the devs for TRYING to make an obsolete unit more relevant. If they tweak these units in the future, maybe they'll be relevant at all levels. It'd be great to have MULTIPLE loadouts to successfully attack with instead of most people just using jet/jump swarms. MULTIPLE loadouts means a strategy game again instead of the current "patience" game that we currently have.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:59 am

I was playing around with these during the last conflict and at level 8 they die in less than 2 seconds to a single, equal level rocket turret, before taking out the shield. Maybe with the skin it will actually be able to take out one shield before it dies. But is one shield worth UC10 AND 9 armoury slots? Oh, and traps still kill it easily...

Assuming that units in the game were (and are, for war) fairly balanced before/without the armoury, then the game would return to that relative balance when all units have skins for about the same bonuses. The 5-10% base health increase is not equal to the 160% health skin bonus that many other units are getting so they will not be as useful as those units.

I can't wait to grind for the shield armoury skin in the future!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#9 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:04 am

geoman48 wrote:While I don't see this new unit unlock worth the grind, I applaud the devs for TRYING to make an obsolete unit more relevant. If they tweak these units in the future, maybe they'll be relevant at all levels. It'd be great to have MULTIPLE loadouts to successfully attack with instead of most people just using jet/jump swarms. MULTIPLE loadouts means a strategy game again instead of the current "patience" game that we currently have.

I also appreciate the attention and effort it shows, but I don't like having more frags in the pool which lowers our odds of getting the frags we actually want.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:36 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
geoman48 wrote:While I don't see this new unit unlock worth the grind, I applaud the devs for TRYING to make an obsolete unit more relevant. If they tweak these units in the future, maybe they'll be relevant at all levels. It'd be great to have MULTIPLE loadouts to successfully attack with instead of most people just using jet/jump swarms. MULTIPLE loadouts means a strategy game again instead of the current "patience" game that we currently have.

I also appreciate the attention and effort it shows, but I don't like having more frags in the pool which lowers our odds of getting the frags we actually want.

Hope they put frags for these "half buff" units (also for the AT-ST and T2B skins) in the Durasteel Crates for HDs and Dailies soon when they realize no one is worried about playing conflicts for them. At least, players that have all structures and turrets frags maxed out, will have chances of level up these units faster.

All my structures are maxed out for my both Prestige bases, I only got frags for turrets in Durasteel now. And AT-ST and T2B skins are good, and made me back to use the T2B when looting with my Prestige base. But the "Duck" probably will keep sucking as it dies with only one rocket shoot if doesn't get a real buff for health.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige / HQ 6 in "BombSquad18" (Level 50 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 / HQ 6 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”