HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
KasTiron
Storm Trooper

Re: HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

Post#71 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:16 am

SpaceDandy wrote:What about downloading Gameroom and synched the Fire game to the PC by logging in and out of the various dummy accounts on said PC? I realize you ultimately want it on the Android tablet but just thinking aloud of a way to buy time and ensure it is parked somewhere...

I did this for my Amazon Kindle and the transfer seemed to work fine - once my Amazon SWC was synced to Facebook and I could play it in FB Gameroom on my PC, I downloaded SWC on my Android phone, started a new game and after doing the tutorial, was able to sync with FB and replace the new game with my old one I had been doing on my Amazon Kindle.

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#72 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 am

Borrowing from Spirit's list for my new Xmas iPad

iOS (Amazon Fire to FB to iPad using Apple app store)

1) Loaded Facebook of non-SWC playing family member account on Amazon Fire (so as not to mess up my OTHER base that is on my FB account).
2) Signed into Fire FB and swc and Synced Amazon Fire swc base to borrowed FB account.
3) Downloaded swc app through Apple app store and facebook app for the new iPad.
4) Signed into facebook app with Family Member's Account
5) Ran through the tutorial on the iPad swc app.
5) Logged into FB on the screen where the Faction Section is - did not choose a side but rather, signed in to FB via the link on the same choose-faction screen.
6) Confirmed I wanted to RESTORE the already synched game.
7. Since it was a new iPad, I had to create a Game Center nickname via a pop-up in the middle of all this because iPad also wants to synch it to Game Center which will be the backing up method going forward, since I will delete the facebook app)

Screen shots. Good luck, everyone as the deadline is nearly here. At least synch it to the FB somehow. As noted, you can always sign in and out of different accounts via the PC FB Gameroom until a new mobile device can be sorted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

DeathStriker

Post#73 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:06 am

KasTiron wrote:
SpaceDandy wrote:What about downloading Gameroom and synched the Fire game to the PC by logging in and out of the various dummy accounts on said PC? I realize you ultimately want it on the Android tablet but just thinking aloud of a way to buy time and ensure it is parked somewhere...

I did this for my Amazon Kindle and the transfer seemed to work fine - once my Amazon SWC was synced to Facebook and I could play it in FB Gameroom on my PC, I downloaded SWC on my Android phone, started a new game and after doing the tutorial, was able to sync with FB and replace the new game with my old one I had been doing on my Amazon Kindle.

SpaceDandy wrote:Borrowing from Spirit's list for my new Xmas iPad

iOS (Amazon Fire to FB to iPad using Apple app store)

Screen shots. Good luck, everyone as the deadline is nearly here. At least synch it to the FB somehow. As noted, you can always sign in and out of different accounts via the PC FB Gameroom until a new mobile device can be sorted

SpaceDandy - Thanks for posting your Procedure to include Screenshots :D

NOTICE: Based upon recent previous posts it seems using FBGR (temporarily) and/or another FB Account (not previously used) are the best "Methods" of transferring your Amazon SWC Account to either iOS or Android.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AMAZON SWC PLAYERS

:arrow: Tomorrow, January 7, 2019 is the deadline (as posted here), so highly recommend you do something today if you have not already.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#74 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:My Google Play swc app does not have a FB login option on the choose faction pop up. Tried again last night with another base. I saved an Android base to FB and that synced to another Android base. It seems more likely a compatibility issue. The Android base will not find or pull in the Amazon Android version. I suspect that is why you need to download the Amazon Android version through Google Play on the Android tablet through the Amazon app. It must convert it or add something to allow the Android version to sync. Sadly, that option is no longer available. Swc is no longer available on the Amazon app for Android via Google Play.

Hmm .. too bad the same option doesn’t exist from your version. If you happen to encounter the same faction selection screen again, please do a screen capture and post it here.

Spirit
Major General

Post#75 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 am

I managed to move my Amazon SWC account to Android with no poblem. In fact I have using both (not at same time) and the game works fine.
On my Amazon and Android tablets, the option to synch with face book was in game, via the settings menu (towards bottom right of screen). It works fine.
Hope everyone manages to switch over or at least synch to FB for use in the future.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

SithVicious
Commander

Post#76 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

Nice to hear, Spirit, that your switch over did work well. Would be a shame if we lose commanders only due the Zynga - Amazon conflict.... Yeah, we all know: this game is crap... Don't know why I still love it:-):-)
Proud member of SITh - home of fun, glory, cider & banter .... #DARKSIDE

DeathStriker

Post#77 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:27 pm

NOTICE: Its Official - SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices

:arrow: Hope all Amazon Players were able to make the transition to iOS and/or Android.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

bosskingwin

Post#78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Its Febuary and i didn't know that this game didn't work anymore tell now it sucks that it wont work on amazon tablets but is their any possible way to get it to work as of now cause ive tried multiple apps and apk files from multiple sites and still wont work. Im stuck in the loading screen ive read all of ur post and tried all of these things from the past couple of days and wont work i've also tried to download it on other electronics such as Samsung IPad or Iphone and am stuck on loading screen it wont work and i don't know what else to do. So if their are any solutions please post!

From Bosskingwin

Level 10
Squad lvl 50

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#79 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 am

Bosskingwin,

When you were on the Amazon Fire, did you ever - at any point - synch it to Facebook?
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

geoman48
Major General

Post#80 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:27 am

Unexpected side effect of Amazon Kindle not being supported... my sons like to play games together. One of them was willing to sync to Facebook. The other was not. So I've been playing SWC with the one son for a few months happily. They go on a trip together this week and discover Clash of Clans. Now both are playing CoC, and are actively trying to get dad (me) to stop playing SWC and start playing CoC. Even mom thinks I should give up SWC in favor of CoC.

I've got too much time (years) invested in this game to give it up right away. But if 2 months from now, my boys and my wife are actively trying to get me to quit SWC and play CoC, SWC is toast for me. I'll give Zynga 2 months to resurrect this game. The shortsightedness of not supporting low cost devices (aka Amazon Kindle Fire) you're going to lose the 13-14 year old boys that will happily move to a diff game because they don't fondly remember going to see the first Star Wars movie (Episode 4) in the theatre in 1977!

Return to “General Discussions”