HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

Post#61 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:04 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Space,

The Amazon Fire swc app will not allow you to connect to Google Play. You need to download swc from Google Play. Unfortunately, when you do that, swc does not load. Therefore, you can't even get the base stored/saved on Google Play. I sync'd it to FB, but the FB version stored from the Amazon tablet, cannot be pulled into the Android tablet. I tried and it does not even come up as an option to sync.

SpaceDandy wrote:Geoman,

I think you only need the Facebook account to move it over to the new device. A family member (with no SWC already synched to it) can, if they loan you access to it for a day, help. Once you pull it down to the new device, Game Center on iOS or the Play Store back up will suffice. You don’t need FB after the move. But even you did, Uncle or Aunt somebody probably wouldn’t care if some SWC game were pegged to it. They are unlikely to download Gameroom to access it, cook Banthas/probe droids, send wall messages to them or otherwise mess with the kid’s base. Though they could :)

ALL AMAZON GAME DEVICE PLAYERS - Remember to Sync your game to Facebook and grab a Screenshot of your Player ID found in Settings > About.

:arrow: As a final resort, Disney may be able to transfer your Old SWC Account Info to a New SWC Account Info.

See the following Official Help (scroll down to bottom) found here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#62 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 pm

You can just make a temporary facebook account and only use it long enough to move the game to another device. Then disconnect from facebook.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#63 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Yes, we definitely created temp FB accounts. It was difficult, since it required a phone number and would not accept a temp G-Mail account. We needed four phone numbers to create four FB accounts. Here's what we did (all options did not work).

OPTION 1 - DIRECT (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Tablet)
1) Created temp FB account on Amazon Fire.
2) Synced Amazon Fire swc base to FB.
3) Logged off FB on the Amazon Fire.
4) Downloaded swc app on Google Play on the Android app.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Android app swc base.
5) Logged into FB through the Android swc base.
6) No prompt or recognition that there's an swc base from the Amazon fire tablet, so no where to go.

OPTION 2 - MIDDLEMAN (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Fire app via Google Play to FB to Android Tablet)
4) Downloaded swc app through the Amazon app (from Google Play) for the Android Tablet.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Amazon app for Android swc base.
5) Logged into FB through the Amazon Fire swc app for Android.
6) No prompt or recognition that there's an swc base from the Amazon fire tablet, so no where to go.

OPTION 3 - GOOGLE PLAY (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Tablet using Google Play)
4) Downloaded swc app through Google Play for the Android Tablet.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Google Play swc app for Android base.
5) Logged into FB through the Google Play swc app for Android.

If I missed something, let me know. I am now working with Disney and Zynga support, to see what my best options are at this point. I suspect I will need to wait for the handoff.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#64 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

When I made my mini base account about 14 months ago I made a fake fb and fake gmail account, so that I could use it on gameroom, fb did not ask me for a phone number but they must have changed the rules now, anyway a simple way round that is to get a spare pay as you go sim card, set up fake FB, do all the verify checks stuff , replace your original sim keep the new one in case the fake fb ask for it for security checks etc.
Really swc should do what they did to windows and give crystals to start again but I doubt that will happen now.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Spirit
Major General

Post#65 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 am

Lukeskywalkwr,
you seem to be doing everything correctly so cant see why it doesnt work.

My only thoughts which you may have done, is to give each stage plenty of time. I dont know at what stage or frequency, the game is synched onto FB.

- Run game on Amazon, activate synch with FB. Play the game a few mins.
-Exit game, wait a few mins. Open other apps, several times.
- Go in and out of game several times. ( ensure FB synch is still on).
- Go to Amazon home screen, open other apps, lots of pauses.
- Click square at bottom right of screen and slowly close every window.
- Wait a min or 2 as a synch occurs at this stage.
- Then go to settings, select SWC. Clear cache then force stop.
Only now can you be certain that SWC has stopped and pushed out any data for synch.
In theory, if you now go to android device, run tutorial and synch to FB, it should list your Amazon account.
Apologies if you have tried all this but I do this at the end of each day to ensure game is full closed and synched, just in case.

good luck
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#66 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 am

lukeskywalker wrote:Yes, we definitely created temp FB accounts. It was difficult, since it required a phone number and would not accept a temp G-Mail account. We needed four phone numbers to create four FB accounts. Here's what we did (all options did not work).

OPTION 1 - DIRECT (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Tablet)
4) Downloaded swc app on Google Play on the Android app.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Android app swc base.
5) Logged into FB through the Android swc base.

OPTION 2 - MIDDLEMAN (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Fire app via Google Play to FB to Android Tablet)
4) Downloaded swc app through the Amazon app (from Google Play) for the Android Tablet.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Amazon app for Android swc base.
5) Logged into FB through the Amazon Fire swc app for Android.

OPTION 3 - GOOGLE PLAY (Amazon Fire to FB to Android Tablet using Google Play)
4) Downloaded swc app through Google Play for the Android Tablet.
5) Ran through the tutorial on the Google Play swc app for Android base.
5) Logged into FB through the Google Play swc app for Android.

If I missed something, let me know. I am now working with Disney and Zynga support, to see what my best options are at this point. I suspect I will need to wait for the handoff.

I never tried this on Android, but on iOS, I did not do step 3. And for step 5, after I finished the tutorial, there was a faction selection screen and from this screen I chose to log on to FB. After this, the game restarted and I was able to get back the same base.

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#67 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Spirit, Dark,

Awesome info. I will try a couple of things tonight. Clearing the cache for sure, along with the other options. I also know what you are saying about the faction selection screen, so I will take a closer look at that step. I may have missed something on that key step. I believe I selected the faction and then tried to sync to FB after that point.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#68 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:20 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Spirit, Dark,

Awesome info. I will try a couple of things tonight. Clearing the cache for sure, along with the other options. I also know what you are saying about the faction selection screen, so I will take a closer look at that step. I may have missed something on that key step. I believe I selected the faction and then tried to sync to FB after that point.

There should be a FB icon right on the faction selection screen. DO NOT SELECT A FACTION. Instead, click/touch that FB icon from this screen and that should take you to the FB login. Here is where it links the SWC software to your FB account and pulls the base info (a secret key which identifies and authenticates your base) from FB, and uses that to retrieve your base from the server.

If you choose the faction from this screen, then a brand new base will be created.

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#69 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am

My Google Play swc app does not have a FB login option on the choose faction pop up. Tried again last night with another base. I saved an Android base to FB and that synced to another Android base. It seems more likely a compatibility issue. The Android base will not find or pull in the Amazon Android version. I suspect that is why you need to download the Amazon Android version through Google Play on the Android tablet through the Amazon app. It must convert it or add something to allow the Android version to sync. Sadly, that option is no longer available. Swc is no longer available on the Amazon app for Android via Google Play.
lukeskywalker
Leader

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#70 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:22 pm

What about downloading Gameroom and synched the Fire game to the PC by logging in and out of the various dummy accounts on said PC? I realize you ultimately want it on the Android tablet but just thinking aloud of a way to buy time and ensure it is parked somewhere...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Return to “General Discussions”