HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Spirit
Major General

Re: HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

Post#51 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:32 am

DeathStriker wrote:**Repost**

NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices Effective, Monday, January 7, 2019

:arrow: Amazon Game Devices have 1 Week to find "solution".

Those whom move their Amazon Accounts to Android or iOS post how you did it to help others...

I have "moved" my main account , ready for the Amazon withdrawal:
- set up a fake FB account
- synched my game to FB by selecting the ingame synch option.
- on my Android device, install SWC and play tutorial.
- on Android, ingame, synch with same FB and select option for original game player name,when prompted (prompt is when synching with FB).

I can now play same game account on Amazon or Android.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Quote for Clarity
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#52 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Spirit,

Thanks for posting. We sync'd the old base to a fake FB account on the Amazon Fire tablet. We played through the tutorial on the new Android device. We tried to sync the new Android/Google Play base to FB, and it shows logged in, but did not get any response. The old base did not load, no prompt, etc. Just shows logged in. We suspect we lost that base. We have three more to do, but I did not want to risk losing the other three, without checking to see if this actually worked for others.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#53 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:25 pm

lukeskywalker,

On the Fire, is the base still there? If so it is not lost - but something did go wrong with moving of it over. It should have recognized that that FB account already had one synched to it and asked which to keep... hmmm...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#54 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:10 pm

I think the problem is they removed swc from the fire store. I suspect there's a difference between the Android vs. Fire Android versions. The workaround mentioned earlier in this thread, was a way to get the Fire Android version converted into the Android version via Google Play, then stored in FB. Then load the Android version of swc, and pull your old base in through FB. Well, that option is no longer there, since swc is no longer available in the Amazon app for the Android tablet. I guess we are stuck rebuilding the other bases, and will hope that swc support can load the old bases using the swc player ID's. I'm not sure it's worth the wait. We know enough about the game now, to get those bases war ready in a few weeks. Already up to level 6, so 2-3 more weeks to get them to level 8. The biggest problem is getting frags, which takes time. That is more of a PvP issue though, and these other bases were primarily for wars, so frags are basically a non-issue. Even at armory level 1, level 8 Jets will still roll a level 9 outpost.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#55 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:47 pm

lukeskywalker,

If you have a new android tablet - like a Samsung or other true android tablet - and aren't trying to play on the Fire anymore, the workaround isn't needed. So the SWC game being gone from the Amazon store shouldn't matter. The plain Google Play version would be the one to download on the new android tablet not the one in an Amazon app for the android tablet. The parking of the Fire base in the Facebook cloud (done from the Fire SWC you have) should allow you to access that base and pull it down via any platform that you also then synch to that same facebook account (the ios store SWC version if you had a new Apple device, the Google play SWC version for the android tablet, etc.)

Sorry if I misunderstood, not trying to pester … just trying to help :)

Spirit
Major General

Post#56 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:48 am

The game is still playable on Amazon devices but you cannot download a new account from the Amazon app store. However, if you keep the cloud version you can still start new accounts, even now.
The Amazon version is different to the Standard Android version and always has a very different version number.
Lots of good tips in the above posts.. If you wish to preserve your Amazon account you must at the very least back it up on FB.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#57 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 am

I'm not starting a FB account for my 13 year olds to play this game. My solution... somewhere around January 6th, I plan on using the walls to have a FUN (not negative) message, like BYE or SO LONG or some such. After Jan 7th, if you see a base with an inspirational or fun message in it, its likely to be an old Amazon account. I have 13 year old twins so I know I'll be doing it for at least 2 accounts!

Spirit
Major General

Post#58 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 am

geoman48 wrote:I'm not starting a FB account for my 13 year olds to play this game. My solution... somewhere around January 6th, I plan on using the walls to have a FUN (not negative) message, like BYE or SO LONG or some such. After Jan 7th, if you see a base with an inspirational or fun message in it, its likely to be an old Amazon account. I have 13 year old twins so I know I'll be doing it for at least 2 accounts!

lol, sounds like a good plan geoman48.

A shame to see any players leave the game but you are quite right about the youngsters and FB accounts. My own grandchildren will also be giving the game up as they all use Amazon devices and FB is not appropriate. I had not thought about using the walls but I like your idea. Might try the same.
Whatever happens MTFBWY

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#59 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Space,

The Amazon Fire swc app will not allow you to connect to Google Play. You need to download swc from Google Play. Unfortunately, when you do that, swc does not load. Therefore, you can't even get the base stored/saved on Google Play. I sync'd it to FB, but the FB version stored from the Amazon tablet, cannot be pulled into the Android tablet. I tried and it does not even come up as an option to sync.
lukeskywalker
Leader

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#60 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Geoman,

I think you only need the Facebook account to move it over to the new device. A family member (with no SWC already synched to it) can, if they loan you access to it for a day, help. Once you pull it down to the new device, Game Center on iOS or the Play Store back up will suffice. You don’t need FB after the move. But even you did, Uncle or Aunt somebody probably wouldn’t care if some SWC game were pegged to it. They are unlikely to download Gameroom to access it, cook Banthas/probe droids, send wall messages to them or otherwise mess with the kid’s base. Though they could :)

Return to “General Discussions”