HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SithVicious
Commander

Re: HELP: Getting SWC To Work On Amazon Tablets

Post#41 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:54 am

Finally I transferred my second account to google play:
1. The app was the installed via amazon app not on an amazon device
2. Created a fake second google / user account on the android tablet
3. Created a fake facebook account
4. Connected the original amazon account with the new fake FB account ( had to play the whole tutorial before)
5. Switched again to the new google account and connected the former amazon account, now connected with FB, with the new fake google fake profile
6. Done ... Works perfect
7. Should work as well with an SWC account on a Fire Tablet, BUT an android device is needed!!!
8. Those who have only Amazon devices should use an android device to save the account this way (new device or ask a friend or family member for 2. profile on an android device)
9. I have an amazon Fire HD X too, fully rooted and with google play store running, but atm you will have no access to the google version of SWC (think there is kinda server conclusion between amazon and google as long as the game is playable via amazon) - so I think when the amazon support ends finally, then it will be possible to play SWC via google on an amazon device

My little is save! I'm happy! Try it!

Sorry for my bad english, it's Christmas (ok few hours to go ) and I am drunk :-)
Proud member of SITh - home of fun, glory, cider & banter .... #DARKSIDE

DeathStriker

Post#42 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:25 am

SithVicious wrote:Finally I transferred my second account to google play:
7. Should work as well with an SWC account on a Fire Tablet, BUT an android device is needed!!!
8. Those who have only Amazon devices should use an android device to save the account this way (new device or ask a friend or family member for 2. profile on an android device)

---

SithVicious - Thank for posting. :)

I highlighted your "instructions" to indicate that an Android Game Device is still needed and those whom have Amazon Game Devices will need to save their game.

It is my hope we can find a solution for Amazon Game Devices before time runs out.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#43 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:40 am

SithVicious wrote:Finally I transferred my second account to google play:
1. The app was the installed via amazon app not on an amazon device
2. Created a fake second google / user account on the android tablet
3. Created a fake facebook account
4. Connected the original amazon account with the new fake FB account ( had to play the whole tutorial before)
5. Switched again to the new google account and connected the former amazon account, now connected with FB, with the new fake google fake profile
6. Done ... Works perfect
9. I have an amazon Fire HD X too, fully rooted and with google play store running, but atm you will have no access to the google version of SWC (think there is kinda server conclusion between amazon and google as long as the game is playable via amazon) - so I think when the amazon support ends finally, then it will be possible to play SWC via google on an amazon device

Sorry for my bad english, it's Christmas (ok few hours to go ) and I am drunk :-)

What a total legend. Must be part of a great squad :) ;)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#44 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks SithVicious!,

Thanks for sharing that info. All of our squad members that are using the Fire HD can't get past the splash page issue. I will cross my fingers, but because there's money involved, I suspect this issue won't go away post transition. It's interesting that Clash of Clans worked fine through Google play with the proper apk files, even on a Fire HD, but swc will not. Of course, now CoC is available on the Fire HD. A year or so late.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Addressee
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

Spirit
Major General

Post#45 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Yes, lots of us Amazon users still have our fingers crossed that the standard Android /Google version will ultimately work in some way on our Amazon Fires after 7th Jan.
As previously mentioned, I think it is a difference in company ethos that is seeing the Amazon version being withdrawn, not technical. ie:
- Zynga prefer to directly sell in game purchases .
- Amazon specifically forbids in game purchases unless via Amazon.

We will see what happens
An ex-Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

currently out of game

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#46 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:45 am

Spirit wrote:Yes, lots of us Amazon users still have our fingers crossed that the standard Android /Google version will ultimately work in some way on our Amazon Fires after 7th Jan.
As previously mentioned, I think it is a difference in company ethos that is seeing the Amazon version being withdrawn, not technical. ie:
- Zynga prefer to directly sell in game purchases .
- Amazon specifically forbids in game purchases unless via Amazon.

We will see what happens

I can find plenty of Zynga games on the amazon app store. Something else must be going on.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

lukeskywalker
Commodore

Post#47 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Has anyone gotten this to work? My brother picked up an Android tablet and there's no prompt to load the old base. I am guessing the Amazon version is not being recognized. Even with the suggested method above.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#48 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:35 pm

If you have bought an android tablet, you need to move the game over the simple way. On the Amazon Fire, back up the game to facebook. Then on the android tablet, download the SWC app, play through until you pick a faction (use a different call sign than your Fire to better tell the games apart). Then synch the android to that same facebook account. It will ask which game to keep - the old facebook game already there (your Fire account with your trusty ol' call sign) or the one you just did on the android. YOU NEED TO PICK THE FIRE ONE. There are old threads about moving things to facebook and then moving the game to different devices. I'd review one of those. I need to do all of this as well to move my mini-base over from Fire but can't use my facebook account (as that is a different base and I don't want to overwrite it) so I'll be borrowing a facebook account from a family member to move it up and over to a post-Xmas ipad. Wishing us all luck in the import and move overs...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

BLOODYRANCOR
Commander

Post#49 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:05 pm

I bought a nextbook to make a new acct,found out it is not compatible with latest version of swc. Its associated with nook tablets.went back and bought a samsung tab.i had the same issue with kindles as spirit,crankyface.

DeathStriker

Post#50 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:11 am

**Repost**

NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices Effective, Monday, January 7, 2019

:arrow: Amazon Game Devices have 1 Week to find "solution".

Star Wars™: Commander will no longer be playable on Amazon devices starting on January 7, 2019. While you can continue to play until then, we are no longer accepting payments from Amazon devices. To continue playing the game on iOS, Android or Facebook Gameroom, please Facebook connect in-game on your Amazon device before January 7, then Facebook connect in-game on your platform of choice. Thank you.

Those whom move their Amazon Accounts to Android or iOS post how you did it to help others...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”