Why are they pissed at Amazon?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Crankyface
Commander

Re: Why are they pissed at Amazon?

Post#11 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Spirit wrote:I have the same problem Crankyface, others in my squad too. Google version of file is different version number, different filesize and older than Amazon version. Odd think is that you can load both versions onto same Amazon tablet but Google version will not run.
I raised a ticket to find out if Amazon devices or Amazon app store was the issue but reply would not specify.
If Amazon app store is being pulled for this game, we should be able to run Google version. We need a tech guy to help.

What i found odd is that this game seems to be singled out, as if you install other games they work, i installed the new Star trek Fleet command game and was even able to link it to my Google Play account on the Kindle!

Perhaps something in the FIREOS that is blocking it????
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

DeathStriker

Post#12 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 pm

The "reasons" most are having Issues are linked to the original Data Miner find posted in the following Topic:

NOTICE: SWC No Longer Playable on Amazon Game Devices Effective January 7 2019 **

** Still to officially be found in-game,
** May appear in Developer Notes following next Monday's
Planned Server Maintenance.

I am sure the Developers at Zygna thought of this and I am not sure any "work around" will be successful on any Amazon Game Device.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Major General

Post#13 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:09 am

You could be right DS. I did contact support but they just repeated the announcement.
Some players use other Android devices with game via Amazon app store. I understand they have been told it wont work from 7th Jan. If this is true, it may be possible in theory to still use Amazon device. Maybe clutching at straws but only solution for many of us I think. :|
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Member of Thedarkknight501 a level 50 Imp squad Join us

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#14 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:47 am

I run the game on a Samsung tablet with LineageOS and OpenGapps installed. Runs like a champ. Probably an issue with Google Play Services and its dependencies ( includes payment Services, adverts, and "drm") being missing or hijacked by Amazon's customization of Android.

Is it possible to unlock the fireos tablet and install LineageOS and OpenGapps? I'll do some searching
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#15 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 am

XDA has a custom ROM for Amazon Fire 7" 2015 edition. Requires wiping the device completely and there's a risk of "bricking" the tablet if you're not careful. Not for the timid:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon ... 1-t3639447

There's also a software package called the Amazon Fire Tool... maybe it installs enough of the framework to get the store and services going? I can't test; don't have a fire tablet:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon ... x-t3815112
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Bubbasbattalion

Post#16 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:53 am

Hi , I have been playing this game for almost 2 years now , I have M.S.,and I really enjoy playing and getting new members. We also have a private band site where we all post our pictures so we can see who our members are.
Now you tell me that in January ,that's all going away. I play on a kindle fire.I buy crystals at least once a month and now you stopped me from doing that also.I
I really think you should think of your subscribers ,and not of yourself .

NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION!!!!
Tom DeGuilio.

SpaceDandy
Captain

Post#17 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:58 am

Tom,

While there have been work arounds posted to try and get the Google Play store version of the game on the kindle, the best way to preserve the base is to do as the instructions on the kindle SWC game suggest and synch it with Facebook. Synching is an option once you click the button on the lower right, the button above the store. Once synched your base is in the Facebook cloud and can be brought up on other devices like Facebook Gameroom (for the PC), any iPad or iPhone, android tablets or phone, etc. If you have a single base this works great. Once you download Gameroom or the ios/android version of the game, you may have to play the tutorial to the point you pick a faction, but once you get there and hit the synch option and your Facebook account it will ask you if you which base to keep, the new one you just started or the one already there. Keep the one already there (I swear there is an old post that does step-by-step on this so you pick the correct base) and it will pull down from the cloud and be on your new device. It sucks, I know, but I don't think you can use the kindle for SWC going-forward past early January (or at least not without a lot of effort). You just need two things to keep playing your current base 1) a Facebook account (if only for this purpose) and 2) another device.

It sucks, esp. if you don't have another device. I know.

I wish you the best and hope you are able to keep playing and enjoy the game. Interesting times ahead...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Spirit
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 am

My latest response from Disney states that they are withdrawing the Amazon app version from 7th Jan. That is not the same as saying we can no longer play on Amazon devices.
In theory, a workaround using Google Play Store is possible but so far, no one has cracked it. Keep looking and let others know if you get the Google version running on Amazon devices. It should be possible.
I believe one of the Amazon services is blocking the Google version. If we know which is the guilty service (eg Amazon Enforcement), we can turn it off.
Time is running out...

Edit:

Amazon have responded stating they were not aware. ongoing...
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Member of Thedarkknight501 a level 50 Imp squad Join us

JackYOgurl
Squadron Leader

Post#19 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:59 am

So basically I won't be able to play on my Fire Tablet anymore?... I'll have to play on my slow phone?..

luke50

Post#20 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Yeah, this sucks. I'm on IOS, but my brother has two bases on his Amazon tablets. We tried the Google Play store route, which worked fine for Clash of Clans, but of course not SWC. There's something blocking it from loading. We tried looking at the security settings, but nothing has jumped out at us yet. He's a rebel player, so we just did the Facebook sync for now. He did a delete and reload, just to play in the interim. He started an Empire base to see how that goes. At level 4 after two days, and should be at level 5 at the end of the week. Should get to level 8 before the game shuts down. Pity, since he's a key player in our squad, and invested a lot of time getting to Prestige level after starting earlier this year.

LS

Return to “General Discussions”