Why are they pissed at Amazon?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
darth2
Storm Trooper

Why are they pissed at Amazon?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:37 am

I have 3 accounts and my grandson has 2 all on Amazon tablets. Unless i go buy 5 non Amazon tablets and transfer my accounts over by Jan 7 , no more commander for me. Its been a fun ride.

LosVega
Major General

Re: Why are they pissed at Amazon?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 am

One can only guess at this point. More likely than not it comes down to how much profit can Zynga get from this. Also SWC via amazon/fire/kindle came later in the game history so either Disney didn't include that as part of the deal or Amazon didn't sign up for the deal or some combo thereof. Either way it sucks.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

rebel10
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:54 am

Probably a function of Zygna and Amazon not having an agreement that Disney does. Is other Zygna games on Amazon (like Farmville)? At least it tells me that Zygna takes over officially January 7

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:03 am

Not enough crystal purchase from Amazon devices to compensate for on going support on this platform. That would be my guess.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 am

darth2 wrote:I have 3 accounts and my grandson has 2 all on Amazon tablets. Unless i go buy 5 non Amazon tablets and transfer my accounts over by Jan 7 , no more commander for me. Its been a fun ride.

Yes it realy sucks. I am a windows survivor and know the feeling.
At least you should save your accounts - just make a few fake facebook accounts - perhaps you want to play again sometime.

rebel10
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 am

"Amazon's Fire Tablet normally restricts you to the Amazon Appstore. But the Fire Tablet runs Fire OS, which is based on Android. You can install Google's Play Store and gain access to every Android app, including Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, and the over one million apps in Google Play."

Mar 24, 2018

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-googl ... 1790706649

Method 1

EDIT:

The Kindle Fire tablets use Amazon's Appstore instead, which has many, but not all of those Google Play Apps. But that's OK. If you have any other Android device and a PC or Mac around, you can use free tools to load almost any free Android app onto the Kindle Fire.

Dec 31, 2013

How To Run Free Android Apps On the Kindle Fire | News & Opinion ...

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396276,00.asp

method 2
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

geoman48
Major General

Post#7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 am

rebel10 wrote:"Amazon's Fire Tablet normally restricts you to the Amazon Appstore. But the Fire Tablet runs Fire OS, which is based on Android. You can install Google's Play Store and gain access to every Android app, including Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, and the over one million apps in Google Play."

Mar 24, 2018

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-googl ... 1790706649

Method 1

EDIT:

The Kindle Fire tablets use Amazon's Appstore instead, which has many, but not all of those Google Play Apps. But that's OK. If you have any other Android device and a PC or Mac around, you can use free tools to load almost any free Android app onto the Kindle Fire.

Dec 31, 2013

How To Run Free Android Apps On the Kindle Fire | News & Opinion ...

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396276,00.asp

method 2

Thanks for posting these links! All my kids play on Kindle... I will try method 1 and see if it works!

spootieho
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:12 am

Yes. Installing Google Play on a Kindle is pretty much a must on any Kindle. From there you can get SWC.

I do prefer the Amazon App Store for secuirty and safety, but Google play has more apps, and also the apps are updated more quickly.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Crankyface
Commander

Post#9 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am

I have tried to install the game from Google Play store, installs fine but when i go to launch the game it hangs on the loading screen. I have installed other games off the play store and they run fine. Anyone else having this issue with SWC on Kindle with the install from PLay store?
Leader of KARNAGE - Part of the Kenobi-Academy Family

Spirit
Major General

Post#10 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:36 pm

I have the same problem Crankyface, others in my squad too. Google version of file is different version number, different filesize and older than Amazon version. Odd think is that you can load both versions onto same Amazon tablet but Google version will not run.
I raised a ticket to find out if Amazon devices or Amazon app store was the issue but reply would not specify.
If Amazon app store is being pulled for this game, we should be able to run Google version. We need a tech guy to help.
An Amazon player, squeezing every last minute from the game..

Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

Member of Thedarkknight501 a level 50 Imp squad Join us

Return to “General Discussions”